The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mandy_Panda
what's the tor?

The Glastonbury hill.
Hill? what direction is the tree and how comes it's on a separate island? Where did that come from?! I'm so confused
Reply 9682
Hill? what direction is the tree and how comes it's on a separate island? Where did that come from?! I'm so confused

The tree is on the hill, in the north :smile:
Original post by Drumbeat
whats happened to the outside of the stadium, some old pics show figures around the edge and now you can just see the back of the seating.

it was to have a digital wrap - effectively a screen round the outside, which had the images of people etc on it. but it was too expensive.

now its going to have some ribbons that go from the top to the floor, each twists orientation from top to bottom, one side is white the other a bright colour.

http://www.building.co.uk/pictures/458xAny/6/5/3/1700653_%C2%A9-POPULOUS-London-2012-Olympic-Stadium-wrap.jpg

erm, are you in the ceremony :wink:

i take it you are not a 44?
Original post by maclondon
erm, are you in the ceremony :wink:

i take it you are not a 44?

47! Hence the confusion!
Reply 9686
47! Hence the confusion!

Mandy the tor is north (tor is the hill with the tree and it is a replicaton of the Glastonbury one (minus ruin) complete with moshpit). When we start (at rehearsals) we are facing West and the tor would be on our right hand side but facing direction may change when we get to the stadium. x
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MsIs
Mandy the tor is north (tor is old English for hill, I think, and it is a replicaton of Glastonbury complete with moshpit). When we start (at rehearsals) we are facing West and the tor would be on our right hand side. x

I'm in the east, so if i had my back to the tor, i'm to the left of it. Right?! I was always poor at geography! So the royal box is west, right of the tor. Is that why there's purple seats there? (from memory, i'm not looking at the picture atm) x
Original post by MsIs
I can't either and it's all due to something missing, and North, South, East & West cards too :wink:

You don't still need THOSE (to work out which way's which) do you? <tee hee>

Are they still marking out the flooring with numbers/letters & circles a l'auditions too yet?
Reply 9689
Hi everyone! I just saw a Facebook posting on the Rio Handover page:

"Calls started today. Yay!! We are contacting dancers for first round offers to key cast groups to start! The team is working hard to get to everyone and will continue calls tomorrow and the following days…"

Has anyone who auditioned received a call?
Reply 9690
hi everyone!
has anyone got a job with manpower and is waiting for their accreditation?
Original post by ogimik
Hi everyone! I just saw a Facebook posting on the Rio Handover page:

"Calls started today. Yay!! We are contacting dancers for first round offers to key cast groups to start! The team is working hard to get to everyone and will continue calls tomorrow and the following days…"

Has anyone who auditioned received a call?

I just saw that too. I did a dance audition, no call for me today :s-smilie:

Nervous, I hope I get the call tomorrow
Reply 9692
Original post by OneAndOnlyEmmaW
I just saw that too. I did a dance audition, no call for me today :s-smilie:

Nervous, I hope I get the call tomorrow

Same here:smile: Good luck to all Rio Handover auditionees!
Good Luck to everyone who auditioned for the Rio handover, how exciting! :smile:
Reply 9694
what's the tor?

It's the northern Irish version of "tower" :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5839i
Original post by Ropey1
Woooo other half just got her offer ....finally .... 99A BALL Paralympics. Delighted. We have been practising our dancing all evening avec prosecco :-)

Brilliant news OH - crikey you've waited so long - well done!:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:
Original post by Bignic12
Well what a fab night we had!!!
Great finally finding out what we are going to be doing. Best news of all is we will be able to watch everything, down side is BOY will we be busy!!!!!

However disaster struck on my way home......went to run for the tube when I had a POP in my left knee...OUCH!!!!
Just got back from hospital where I was diagnosed with a torn meniscus (interior) thats bad news am afraid!!!! Its the part of the knee where the meniscus (cartilage) has poor blood supply so will probably never heal 100% but can get a bit better with rest and ice. May need an operation to trim off the menisci.....so gutted :frown:
However will do exactly as the Doctor ordered and will do lots of rest and using a crutch will endeavour to make the 28th at the stadium :redface:

Great to see LauraN1, Samantha-Walker and Sky123 there last night. Had my costume(s) fitted....well the least said about that the better :wink:

Oh no! What bad luck you've been waiting so long to start rehearsals and now this! Do everything they say - lots of rest and ice - EVERYTHING! Get well soon x
Reply 9697
Am I the only 41 er still waiting for an appointment for their accreditation???

Have emailed casting but no response , yet!! :eek:
Original post by Bignic12
Well what a fab night we had!!!
Great finally finding out what we are going to be doing. Best news of all is we will be able to watch everything, down side is BOY will we be busy!!!!!

However disaster struck on my way home......went to run for the tube when I had a POP in my left knee...OUCH!!!!
Just got back from hospital where I was diagnosed with a torn meniscus (interior) thats bad news am afraid!!!! Its the part of the knee where the meniscus (cartilage) has poor blood supply so will probably never heal 100% but can get a bit better with rest and ice. May need an operation to trim off the menisci.....so gutted :frown:
However will do exactly as the Doctor ordered and will do lots of rest and using a crutch will endeavour to make the 28th at the stadium :redface:

:eek: Oh no! Not you too? :frown: Whatever you do, take it easy with that knee of yours. I too had that "POP" sensation in my calf (in my case it was the feeling of a large elastic band snap) in my calf a few weeks ago, with that it became double the size it normally was.

At rehearsals last night, in between my segment's choreo, I religiously was putting my feet up on the chair and although my leg is "almost" better and "almost" back to its original size, I wasn't going full-on with the choreo. Felt bad when a couple of members from the Casting Team enquired as to why I had my leg up on the chair all the time and I had to eventually spill the beans. Was worried that they would send me home or something. Fortunately, they were very understanding, especially when I told them that I wasn't going to go full pelt with the choreo.

The reason why I'm mentioning all this is IF your knee still hasn't recovered by then, still go to the rehearsal anyway. Your very presence will be a big plus in terms of your involvement and I'm sure the Casting Team would bear this in mind. However, there's still a little bit of time before your rehearsal and as recommended by others on here, follow the advice given to you by the hospital and take care of that knee of yours. :smile:

I'm in the same boat as you though. I'm approaching my mid 40s and many people swear I look in my late 20s, I tell myself that too in terms of the way I am and I push myself and my students at my fitness classes. However, lately I have to watch more in what I eat too - including a lot more proteins in my diet and cutting down (slightly) on the carbs. Also, have to seriously reconsider the idea of burning the midnight oil too. Unfortunately, the older we get, the harder we have to try to maintain good habits in relation to our bodies in order to avoid them breaking down on us (i.e. injuries etc.)
Reply 9699
Ropey, fantastic news woohoo now you can truly celebrate :party2:

Latest