The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fyrecracker
Yes, one of my female friends got a NO. But she didnt get the 'holding' email, so I've taken encouragement from that (or am I just deluding myself???)

xx

I assume they sent the holding email as they haven't reviewed our group? But not sure. Otherwise surely would have saved them time to just send offers/rejections?

I was initially encouraged when I got the email asking for men with rhythm, but I don't think they know who we are, we are kinda just faceless email addressed, so it was random? Or maybe coz i'm an 'ethnic minority' I got that one to encourage ethnic minority men
Original post by Kit-Yan

Original post by Kit-Yan
Hi, I probably won't email again. My 1st email I sent because I had had correspondence with them to reschedule an audition date. I knew my 2nd email was cheeky/pointless, but last week I become uncharacteristically obsessed with all this this. I still got a friendly response back, they basically said they had a momentous task and to bear with them. I won't bother them again else they'll think I'm crazy.

HAHAHAHA, we're all crazy ..... but its THEM making us go a bit loopy!! xx
Reply 1022
Original post by Mandy_Panda

quite a few of us were in that audition. It doesn't seem as hard as everyone roses, I hope we weren't auditioned as reserves :frown: good luck! I so hope we all get in!

Yep good luck and don't worry - I don't think we were a reserve group. My friends who did another audition with some dance/routine said that theirs was easier than ours and they still managed to get their routines wrong/backwards etc... in parts and have still got in.

I'd ticked ballroom on initial application (or rather my partner did due to the fact I did it as a teen - you can imagine I was thrilled about that) - but I guessed that was why I ended up in a 'partner work' audition. Our audition appears to be the only one with partner work (and the fact that there was only 1 male I assumed meant that they need more men for partner dancing - not just drumming). I think they're keeping us waiting whilst they wait on final numbers of new male applications which closes imminently - this would affect the numbers as they'll have to partner girls up or go for a different routine I guess.

When I signed up for the Tap I was told there wouldn't be a recall for Tap as they just wanted people who it wouldn't be completely new to - and that if unsuccessful for Tap you'd be slotted into a general dance role. I looked on the sheet and they had various ticks next to everyone's numbers and she added a tick for 'Tap'.

I thought our group was pretty mixed - some good dancers - and plenty of the sort I expect danced as teens but are no longer dancing that regularly or do things like Zumba, various ages (I'm early 30s and my dance partner was 19 - both of us had some previous experience and she got asked quite a lot of things on the bit we did to camera - we decided there will be a 'making of the games' show - how embarrasing!!!).

Anyway best of luck. It all seems rather close now and I'm going to have to control myself and stop treble checking the spam box in my emails for a bit!
Original post by Ropey1

I got the 'we haven't forgotten you' email, was in the 1 male in the group audition doing dance for the opening ceromony (the dancing was lindy, street and partner work which was very basic lindy jive) and rather madly put myself down for Tap which I haven't done in years. Living in fear that I'll get a rejection or an offer as a Tap dancer. Living in hope that I get an email today for something manageable!

There was Lindy?? How on earth did they allocate the dancers to each of the various dance styles? I'm sure they didn't take a second glance at what we wrote on the applications. As someone mentioned before, you might be a jazz dancer put into the hiphop group etc... everything just seems so random :confused: ((exasperated))
Original post by Ropey1
Yep good luck and don't worry - I don't think we were a reserve group. My friends who did another audition with some dance/routine said that theirs was easier than ours and they still managed to get their routines wrong/backwards etc... in parts and have still got in.

I'd ticked ballroom on initial application (or rather my partner did due to the fact I did it as a teen - you can imagine I was thrilled about that) - but I guessed that was why I ended up in a 'partner work' audition. Our audition appears to be the only one with partner work (and the fact that there was only 1 male I assumed meant that they need more men for partner dancing - not just drumming). I think they're keeping us waiting whilst they wait on final numbers of new male applications which closes imminently - this would affect the numbers as they'll have to partner girls up or go for a different routine I guess.

When I signed up for the Tap I was told there wouldn't be a recall for Tap as they just wanted people who it wouldn't be completely new to - and that if unsuccessful for Tap you'd be slotted into a general dance role. I looked on the sheet and they had various ticks next to everyone's numbers and she added a tick for 'Tap'.

I thought our group was pretty mixed - some good dancers - and plenty of the sort I expect danced as teens but are no longer dancing that regularly or do things like Zumba, various ages (I'm early 30s and my dance partner was 19 - both of us had some previous experience and she got asked quite a lot of things on the bit we did to camera - we decided there will be a 'making of the games' show - how embarrasing!!!).

Anyway best of luck. It all seems rather close now and I'm going to have to control myself and stop treble checking the spam box in my emails for a bit!

I don't remembering having to tick any options? Maybe because I'm not a dancer. I hope I didn't miss something and it doesn't affect my chances. Yeah, i'm 26 and I think my partner must have been around 50. I remember looking up during the freestyle conga think and realising there was a camera on me with a brilliant view right down my top... Haha!

phew, there's still hope.

Anyone got any new news today? I might go stalk twitter

I have outlook open in the background on my work computer, mini heart attack everytime I get an email!
x
I ticked several dance styles and can tap to Grade 5 standard - did not even get a snifter of a dance recall!

No news today so far on here Mandy. Sat at home on PC today - soooooo much better than checking in on the phone!!

EG
(edited 12 years ago)
Just checked twitter - nothing
Reply 1027
Original post by Ropey1
Still waiting but loving going through the forum and agonizing along with the rest of you!

I got the 'we haven't forgotten you' email, was in the 1 male in the group audition doing dance for the opening ceromony (the dancing was lindy, street and partner work which was very basic lindy jive) and rather madly put myself down for Tap which I haven't done in years. Living in fear that I'll get a rejection or an offer as a Tap dancer. Living in hope that I get an email today for something manageable!

That sounds like the same audition as me, was it 18th November evening? I really enjoyed the audition, felt I'd been put in the perfect level group for me and was pleased with how it went. I'm hopeful that most of us will get in from that group seeing as they are short of dancers for the opening ceremony, but who knows! What is this tick sheet people are talking about? I am a tap dancer but I don't remember getting a chance to tell them! I filled out the initial form before the first auditions online and I seem to remember I mentioned in that about the tap group that I'm in but it sounds like people are talking about something more recent?
Reply 1028
Just home from work and was shaking as I checked my email......NOTHING, Nada, zilch, diddly squat etc getting so exasperated........we have only a week before all the yes peeps have to accept so if any of us do get the offer its not much time to organise commitments!!
Reply 1029
Hiya everybody peeps ..... new to this thread .... only signed up as Ive been following you all since the very first post, but you've kept me going during this tortuous wait for a response!!!

I was at the evening 30th November audition, had the 'holding' email saying they'd not forgotten me, but nothing since. Was anyone else at that audition???

The studio was split up into 5 segments can you remember which one you were in? I was in the middle, with a slim afro caribbean woman instructing us.
Reply 1030
Original post by Ropey1
....she got asked quite a lot of things on the bit we did to camera - we decided there will be a 'making of the games' show - how embarrasing!!!).
QUOTE]

Oh lordy, ha ha, I hope not - totally embarrassing!!
Reply 1031
Oh my god it is such a quiet day at work today so Ive literally been checking my emails every 5 seconds and reading this forum when the boss isnt looking :biggrin:

I didnt seem to get one of these dance forms either? Was it emailed or did you fill it out at the audition? Then again not many people seemed to get asked about roller skating at the other auditions. Maybe it just depends which audition you went to? Either that or theyve sent me a billion emails that havent gone through...

I just got a new email.... fingers crossed!
Just checked twitter - nothing

Hi I'm new to Twitter -can you tell me how you check on twitter whether anything is going on?

Do you search for something?
Original post by jhaslam17
Hi I'm new to Twitter -can you tell me how you check on twitter whether anything is going on?

Do you search for something?

I just search 'olympic ceremony' as most people will put 'woo, dancing in the Olympic opening ceremony' etc x
Reply 1034
Goddammit. I swear I get a spam email every 30 seconds...
Original post by Kit-Yan
The studio was split up into 5 segments can you remember which one you were in? I was in the middle, with a slim afro caribbean woman instructing us.

Thats right .... we mustve been in the same group!!! xx
:smile:
Reply 1036
Original post by cinnamon
I am a reserve too.
My 3rd paragraph said, however we are still very interested in keeping you as a reserve performer. No mention of, we very much enjoyed your work in the audition.

so maybe there are several reserve emails depending on what recall audition you did.
Mine was an acting one.

I awe are still very interested in keeping you as a reserve performer. No mention of, we very much enjoyed your work in the audition.

l also had 'we are still very interested in keeping you as a reserve performer. No mention of, we very much enjoyed your work in the audition' I was in an acting group as well!
Reply 1037

Original post by AKST
That sounds like the same audition as me, was it 18th November evening? I really enjoyed the audition, felt I'd been put in the perfect level group for me and was pleased with how it went. I'm hopeful that most of us will get in from that group seeing as they are short of dancers for the opening ceremony, but who knows! What is this tick sheet people are talking about? I am a tap dancer but I don't remember getting a chance to tell them! I filled out the initial form before the first auditions online and I seem to remember I mentioned in that about the tap group that I'm in but it sounds like people are talking about something more recent?

No it was the 19th / morning - the tap bit (we were asked at the end to stay behind if we could do tap - appreciate that in other auditions there may have been fab tap dancers who didn't get the change to stick their name down etc... - it is all a bit random it seems!). However if you were doing same audition/routines it is quite possible that the 18th and 19th are yet to hear.

Oh COME ON email. I had high hopes that after lunch there may be a response waiting but no just silly spam. I've now resorted to sneaking up on my in box to try and trick it into responding. A clear sign of madness.
Reply 1038
http://www.london2012.com/games/ceremonies/get-involved/casting-information.php

Just saw (you probably all knew) that they've opened up applications for Paralympic performers now. Says not to reapply if you've already applied (but assume that means to Paralympics and nothing to stop rejects/reserves from our auditions applying to these as well). Surprised they're now giving this automatically as an option for reserves rather than go through the cost of another load of auditions.
Reply 1039
Thats right .... we mustve been in the same group!!! xx
:smile:

I don't suppose you were the tall lady with the short hair and glasses who knew someone who was facilitating the audition? I was speaking to a woman who lived in Stepney and I live in Bethnal Green. Was that you?
I had no idea what they'd been looking for or how I'd done at the end of the audition. It wasn't quite as much fun as the 1st and I spent a bit of time thinking 'hell, how best to do this', but still a great experience. Good luck whoever you are!

Latest