The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Essex Girl
42RAFIKI

I was at that recall as well. Was mystified as to what they were looking for - no people with clip boards - just a guy who seemed to be pointing his camera in my face!

I did have a moment of panic an hour or so ago when, sitting having coffee in McDonalds, a ceremonies email dropped into my inbox! It was from the Volunteers application I made as a fall back. I also applied to be a Games Maker
last year and have heard very little except more "we have not forgotten you" mails.

I really an beginning to think that they do not want middle aged women anywhere near these Olympics. No luck, so far with my three voluntary applications, and no tickets either!

OK - let's get some work done - will check in periodically and I want good news!!!

EG

Ah, so some form of emails are going out...? Hmmm. Has everyone who has been rejected been middle aged women? I guess it's difficult to tell.

:frown: keep the faith!
Reply 1101
Original post by jenbee
Good luck to all waiting!
I thought mine was a bad enough wait! But once you know the feeling of having everything planned and accomodation sorted is so relieving!

Beat of luck!
And has anyone applied for Paralympics????

On the website to applyto perform for the Paralympics ceremonies,it states that if you have alreadypreviously auditioned then you should not apply again.

So from this I can only imagine that maybe those of us on the reserve list MAY be considered for that .

We can only hope
congratulations to everyone on here thats been accepted for a role in the ceremonies.
Good luck to those of you still to hear.
I honestly feel that they are waiting until after 31st January when all the replies are in before they will put us out of our misery.
I hope that they do find it in themselves to offer us ladies a role, especially as we are likely to be the to be most able to get to the rehearsals too perhaps?

Other option is that they are waiting to pair us up with loads of middle aged men - and, as we all know, they have not got enough of them!!!!!!!!!!!!

EG
Reply 1103
Guys. We are ALL going to get in! That includes you reserve list people! Firstly, not everyone is as dedicated enough as us and won't be able to commit to rehearsals. Secondly, they need LOADS of people. Especially after their budget has been doubled! Most likely a load of you will get offers in the beginning of February after a load of the first round of people have declined their invites. Then after the February audition people get their invites and accept/decline they're going to have a load of left over roles they will need to use you for! Being on the reserve list isnt a no... its a 'we havent worked out where we are going to put you yet'

As for those of us waiting... that acceptance letter will be in our inboxes by the end of this week! Its currently sitting in their outbox waiting to get delivered or even floating around cyberspace trying to find the way to your inbox. It IS coming!
Reply 1104
Original post by Pizazz
Guys. We are ALL going to get in! That includes you reserve list people! Firstly, not everyone is as dedicated enough as us and won't be able to commit to rehearsals. Secondly, they need LOADS of people. Especially after their budget has been doubled! Most likely a load of you will get offers in the beginning of February after a load of the first round of people have declined their invites. Then after the February audition people get their invites and accept/decline they're going to have a load of left over roles they will need to use you for! Being on the reserve list isnt a no... its a 'we havent worked out where we are going to put you yet'

As for those of us waiting... that acceptance letter will be in our inboxes by the end of this week! Its currently sitting in their outbox waiting to get delivered or even floating around cyberspace trying to find the way to your inbox. It IS coming!

I love your positivity!
Heres hoping you are right!

p.s. I know of someone who is auditioning in February and I understand that their recall auditions are only on 3 dates, so not as many recall dates as us! So I am guessing that means there are far fewer people auditiioning in February.
just had an email from an address of no-reply etc, almost died, but it was a work related email :frown:
Original post by Pizazz

fingers crossed!!!
Reply 1107
loving the positivity pizazz :smile:

I keep telling myself that they *did* say 6-8 weeks, and my audition was only just 8 weeks ago.. this forum is both a blessing and a nightmare in that sense.. i wouldn't normally have been so worried about not hearing back had i not known that a bunch of you have already received emails! I'm just worried incase i don't get into the group i auditioned for (the adele one) and they dont think to place me elsewhere, as i know alot of the peeps in that audition seemed to have greater dance ability that some people in the easier hip-hop auditions... (without sounding bitchy...) anyways, fingers crossed for an email today for all us hangers-on! x
Original post by Mandy_Panda

Ah, so some form of emails are going out...? Hmmm. Has everyone who has been rejected been middle aged women? I guess it's difficult to tell.

:frown: keep the faith!

Mandy. Have been following your progress closely and keeping fingers crossed. Well I am certainly at least middle-aged - I am 65 and I got in so there is hope for all us older then average peeps!
Reply 1109
I just got a new email. It wasn't from the Olympics but from a filmmaker I've met before saying he's starting a new project and had me in mind for one of the roles and that I should audition ^_^

Thats got to be a good sign right? Today may must be happy inbox day!
Original post by Pinnerite
Mandy. Have been following your progress closely and keeping fingers crossed. Well I am certainly at least middle-aged - I am 65 and I got in so there is hope for all us older then average peeps!

thanks, congrats on getting a role. Hopefully we'll be joining you :tongue:
Original post by suzalt
loving the positivity pizazz :smile:

I keep telling myself that they *did* say 6-8 weeks, and my audition was only just 8 weeks ago.. this forum is both a blessing and a nightmare in that sense.. i wouldn't normally have been so worried about not hearing back had i not known that a bunch of you have already received emails! I'm just worried incase i don't get into the group i auditioned for (the adele one) and they dont think to place me elsewhere, as i know alot of the peeps in that audition seemed to have greater dance ability that some people in the easier hip-hop auditions... (without sounding bitchy...) anyways, fingers crossed for an email today for all us hangers-on! x

unfortunatley you do sound bitchy :wink:
I'm rather confused about the whole "reserves" thing. Surely they need to have some reserves actually rehearsing, coz some people are bound to have to pull out much nearer the time because of injury/illness/change-of-circumstances etc, and the reserves would need to have rehearsed to know the routine to fill the space at short notice.

And although I'm happy and grateful that as a reserve I still have a chance if an opening appears, but in a way, I feel like we "reserves" are still left hanging: we don't have rehearsal dates we can plan around, prepare for and look forward to, but I still feel like I can't move on or make any plans on the off chance that I may get called up: a hope which may never be realised.
Reply 1113
Original post by Londondancer
unfortunatley you do sound bitchy :wink:

seeee what this horrible wait is doing to me! :frown:
Original post by ginger-snap
I'm rather confused about the whole "reserves" thing. Surely they need to have some reserves actually rehearsing, coz some people are bound to have to pull out much nearer the time because of injury/illness/change-of-circumstances etc, and the reserves would need to have rehearsed to know the routine to fill the space at short notice.

And although I'm happy and grateful that as a reserve I still have a chance if an opening appears, but in a way, I feel like we "reserves" are still left hanging: we don't have rehearsal dates we can plan around, prepare for and look forward to, but I still feel like I can't move on or make any plans on the off chance that I may get called up: a hope which may never be realised.

I hear rehersals aren't til may, people with offers need to confirm commitment way before then
Original post by ginger-snap

I have gone ahead and booked flights for a wedding in June, as it is awful to maybe not to to a friend's wedding just in case we hear a yes that we are then in. Honestly, I am not expecting to get a call as a reserve ,as they have got loads of peeps and only a couple of firm emails with a no in them seem to have gone out. So I am getting on with life! If I then do get a yes then I can think again, but I am not putting things on hold for it! I would suggest you do the same and be happy :-)
Reply 1116
I'm sure if you get a yes from your reserve that you can still have a weekend off for the wedding- it sounds like you're allowed to miss up to 2 rehearsals (?) and still be ok to take part.. which is good to know incase of any emergencies etc that come up for peeps x
It seems I was fortunate to get a positive result by email on Monday16th January. The wait seemed endless from my recall audition on 15th Nov. If I had not heard by now I would have been a wreck, so those of you who have not heard have my sympathy.

Even if you have a "reserve" email it is impossible to plan anything. I do think that alot of you in this position will get in but you might have to wait until the end of February to find out after people have confirmed their places by the end of January and the new auditionees have been seen in Feb. It may be they just dont know where to place you - yet. This does not help your planning or your stress levels however!

Hope you all hear soon with positive results..........
Reply 1118
I tried calling 020 3 2012 000 to ask when we'd get our emails by but he said he didn't know and I should call the volunteers line on 0845 402 2012 but my phone doesn't let me call 08 numbers. I don't suppose anyone knows a non 08 numbers I can call?
is this your first audition? I think we've all had our first and second auditions, just waiting to hear if we've got in

Yeah this is my first, the email said that if i get through, they'll let me know if I've got through in the next 10 hours. The second audition would be in the next couple of days, so fingers crossed! :smile:

Latest