The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
I love the pink tshirt thing! I feel like I belong to a secret club now :biggrin:
Reply 1181
Original post by Mandy_Panda

you did well!

This is the most positive by far I think - if you were rejected at your audition stage you wouldn't assumedly have a segment.
Are there any guys on here?! We'd end up accosting people in pink who have no idea who we are...they just wore pink coz they like it, haha x
Reply 1183
who ever just said hip hop was an easy audition....trust me think again!
Are there any guys on here?! We'd end up accosting people in pink who have no idea who we are...they just wore pink coz they like it, haha x

I'm a guy and I dont mind wearing a pink t-shirt! I suspect I may be wearing something far worse for the Opening Ceremony!

But there is so few of us on here compared with the thousands that are supposedly performing, so I could be the only one in my group wearing one.

I am surprised given the amount of people performing there has not been far more info/gossip on the internet and social networks. This group was the only thing I could find. Where is everyone?
Original post by wickedgrin
I'm a guy and I dont mind wearing a pink t-shirt! I suspect I may be wearing something far worse for the Opening Ceremony!

But there is so few of us on here compared with the thousands that are supposedly performing, so I could be the only one in my group wearing one.

I am surprised given the amount of people performing there has not been far more info/gossip on the internet and social networks. This group was the only thing I could find. Where is everyone?

down the gym, getting in shape! :wink:

I joined this forum a week ago, and have only posted on this thread... About 150 times! I need to get a life/get a grip/do more work!
Dancerwoman

I meant that middle aged women may not have the full-time work commitments or childcare/educational issues that other people may have? Nothing to do with travelling at all.
Although I would say that I live in the far reaches of Essex and at present it costs me almost £34 for a return ticket into London at peak times and so, if, they are issuing Oysters then
they will only cover a minute part of my costs too.

I have always maintained that I wanted to be part of this an any way, shape or form - applied to the Ceremonies, Ceremonies Volunteers and also Gamesmakers and still waiting to hear from any of them.
The stadium is just yards from when I was born and brought up and I want to be involved.

At my audition there were people from Fiji, USA and Eastern Europe who all said they were prepared to relocate for the chance to be in the ceremonies too!

I would just love my wait to be over. I have one happy daughter and I want to be there with her too.

EG
Reply 1187
Just twigged that when the casting peeps told me today that the IT dept has sent my email I want to know when as I received a Don't worry we haven't forgotten you....only on Thursday! So when were they have supposed to have sent the email about my audition????? mystery to me!!!!
Essex Girl

I'm middle aged, studying full time and teach in the evenings, pretty full on but I've always craved the hectic life :biggrin:

Seriously though, hang on in there, I've got a feeling that you'll end up being cast in a segment, the case being - where and when. Fingers crossed that it's not he night before the big Opening / Closing Ceremony that they draft you in.

You've got to think positive thoughts.....

Same goes to everyone else here that's waiting for a response.
Original post by Bignic12
Just twigged that when the casting peeps told me today that the IT dept has sent my email I want to know when as I received a Don't worry we haven't forgotten you....only on Thursday! So when were they have supposed to have sent the email about my audition????? mystery to me!!!!

Friday?

I've a got a feeling that Fridays feature quite heavily in terms as to the day they notify people?? The past couple of Fridays (the 13th and the 20th) seem to be when the Notification emails go out. Is this correct, or did anyone receive a notification email as to the result of their second audition this week already?
Reply 1191

Friday?

yes likely but then why say we haven't forgotten you to then send it the very next day! why didn't I get it? loads of room in my inbox as cleared it all for a biggie!! so down at the mo....sorry :frown:
yes likely but then why say we haven't forgotten you to then send it the very next day! why didn't I get it? loads of room in my inbox as cleared it all for a biggie!! so down at the mo....sorry :frown:

system error..chill. You know it's on it's way and you should hear by Fri right?
Reply 1193

system error..chill. You know it's on it's way and you should hear by Fri right?

thanks......right!!! back on track now, I think????
Reply 1194

thanks......right!!! back on track now, I think????:confused:
Original post by AKST
Haha that's what i was thinking earlier, thinking I could be watching the opening ceremony on tv and still not know if I was meant to be in it or not. :tongue:

Hi yeah it was on the 18th. :-) Were you at that one?

yes in the evening, lots of dancing, and the morning routine brush ,coffee , crazy smile?
so we might be in the same segment after all:smile:

Yes! If we all get in and get in the same segment, we def deserve to meet up for a drink before/after first rehersal!

Oh yeah....:smile:
Original post by twilightz
yes in the evening, lots of dancing, and the morning routine brush ,coffee , crazy smile?
so we might be in the same segment after all:smile:

we did that in our first audition too, was your second hip hop?
we did that in our first audition too, was your second hip hop?

yes we had the hip hop dance, and dancing with partner

From what I understand,someone mentioned that they are not emailing according to the day we've auditioned but according to the segments they've been placed into?

That could mean that after the second audition, people were selected based on their performances?
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi guys, me again

JUst reporting that this evening I have received a further e-mail from LOCOG ceremonies team inviting me for interview this Thursday for a "behind the scenes" admin. role but as I have an interview for a paid job at 3pm that day (in Wandsworth) I'm going to call them in the morning to see if there is any flexibility re. date & time - tomorrow pm would be so much better as I am already going to be in central London for something else at 2pm then again at 6pm so the gap in between would be ideally filled by a third trip to 3 Mills studios - wonder what my chances are of getting the appt. changed though?
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest