The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

On the "we haven't forgotton you" vs "reserve" theory. I did not get the "We've not forgotten you" email, but I am a reserve, so that seems to further support this theory that you get one or the other.
Reply 1581
I couldn't wait and have called them! I am being 'held' at the moment but should hopefully know by next Friday!!!!!!! The sales in my local Majestic are looking good for them at them, they know me by name now!! So more sauvignon blanc it is then........:s
Reply 1582
This article brought back good memories of the auditions, nice to hear about the other side...

http://www.london2012.com/blog/2011/12/auditionees-bringing-ceremonies-plans-to-life.php
Original post by Bignic12

Original post by Bignic12
I couldn't wait and have called them! I am being 'held' at the moment but should hopefully know by next Friday!!!!!!! The sales in my local Majestic are looking good for them at them, they know me by name now!! So more sauvignon blanc it is then........:s

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! another week???????????????????????????

We will be alcoholic wrecks by the time we get to hear. And then, if its a no ?????????? surely they wouldnt do that to us after all this trauma???

(please note .... have developed puncutation tourettes syndrome due to the stress) xx
Reply 1584
Nobody seems to have heard anything yet today? this time yesterday they were flying in...............i hope they don't have a day off today. I would so like to drink champagne tonight, I WANT SOME GOOD NEWS!!!!!!
Original post by sukied00

Original post by sukied00
Nobody seems to have heard anything yet today? this time yesterday they were flying in...............i hope they don't have a day off today. I would so like to drink champagne tonight, I WANT SOME GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

Me too! Ive got a stinking cold .... feel like death ..... just want to be cheered up :frown:

xx
Reply 1586
Original post by Dancer_Cardiff
adsandsmith and w11na - are you both in segment 63A closing? I was at the Adele aution at 9am on 27th Nov too!

Ahh - my 27th Nov audition was hiphop and I think both me and adsandsmith are in Segment 49 in the opening.

Great to see the comments from Mandy Panda and Rickie on the bbc site today. Very well said guys. Made me feel all warm inside!
Reply 1587
Original post by fyrecracker

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! another week???????????????????????????

We will be alcoholic wrecks by the time we get to hear. And then, if its a no ?????????? surely they wouldnt do that to us after all this trauma???

(please note .... have developed puncutation tourettes syndrome due to the stress) xx

I know what you mean!!!!!!!! Not good is it??????????
Reply 1588
Original post by Dancer_Cardiff
adsandsmith and w11na - are you both in segment 63A closing? I was at the Adele aution at 9am on 27th Nov too!

Ahh - my 27th Nov audition was hiphop and I think both me and adsandsmith are in Segment 49 in the opening.

Great to see the comments from Mandy Panda and Rickie on the bbc site today. Very well said guys. Made me feel all warm inside!
Reply 1589
Original post by w11lina

Original post by w11lina

Thanks. I didn't see my comment had gone live on bbc until now - but I, like Mandy, thought that people out there should know about our little community! It's been really fun (despite the agonising!) chatting to you all.
Original post by Ropey1
Thanks. I didn't see my comment had gone live on bbc until now - but I, like Mandy, thought that people out there should know about our little community! It's been really fun (despite the agonising!) chatting to you all.

just saw your comment, awesome!!!

Still so excited to wait and hear that everyone else has a role (those still waiting and reserves), i'm sure you will have!
ropey, did you just get a call from a woman at the BBC? Lol
Reply 1592
I couldn't take it anymore and have emailed them again to see if the wait is going to be much longer. It will be ten weeks tomorrow since my 2nd audition!!!
Original post by Mandy_Panda

OOOOO, are you going to be on the telly???? Good practice for July ....... hahahahaha!!
Reply 1594
wishing you a speedy recovery! x

All the best Mandy - you really have kept this whole thing alive and been very inspiring to us 'reserve's' and those still waiting. Once I'd received my reserve email I lost heart and was going to try and forget the whole thing. But I am totally addicted to seeing how everyone else has done!:tongue:
OOOOO, are you going to be on the telly???? Good practice for July ....... hahahahaha!!

haha, no, I missed the call. She left me a voicemail and email asking when I'd be free to chat. I just emailed back and thanked her for the interest but we're sworn to secrecy/still in the dark. I confirmed auditions were fun and a mammoth task and that people had started hearing back with sketchy role details and auditions are I going.
Original post by Eve 58
All the best Mandy - you really have kept this whole thing alive and been very inspiring to us 'reserve's' and those still waiting. Once I'd received my reserve email I lost heart and was going to try and forget the whole thing. But I am totally addicted to seeing how everyone else has done!:tongue:

I too am addicted to seeing how everyone gets on. I'm certain the reserves will get in too. If not, we'll smuggle you all in in suitcases :wink:

Seriously, we'll arrange a big meet up once people have heard :biggrin:

You lot have kept me sane for the past 2 weeks. I've been driving my colleagues crazy! They didn't get it! So thanks loads guys! I'm worried I have become a 'respected member' though. ADDICT!
At Stratford!
Fast running out of Fairy Dust! and headache meds!
Sound like we are in a category of our own! The Helds?

EG
Reply 1598

Nope but then I didn't leave my phone number. I'm always slightly concerned that it might get published somewhere!!

My colleagues that all now have mental images of us dressed in our pineapple outfits (pineapple in a pink tee??!!)
Reply 1599
I haven't been as obsessed today. Perhaps because I've have lots of work to do, perhaps because surreptitiously checking the tennis scores gave me another page to refresh at every opportunity, perhaps because it's starting to feel like it'll be next week now. I''m competing in a trampoline competition this weekend so at least that'll keep me occupied. Can't check e-mail while somersaulting!

Latest