The Student Room Group

How fast can you down a beer?

Obviously not fast enough. My personal record is 11 seconds for a pint and I've friends who can down a pint in 6-7 seconds but this is another level.
Lad.
Reply 2
wow that is an impressive downing in the video...

personally about average time

I think the trick to downing it so quickly is just to open your gullet and just let it shower down without 'gulping' as it were.

I do wonder whether he was sick after that in the video....
Reply 3
There is probably about 3-4 pints in that pitcher too lol
Reply 4
Original post by cleashy
wow that is an impressive downing in the video...

personally about average time

I think the trick to downing it so quickly is just to open your gullet and just let it shower down without 'gulping' as it were.

I do wonder whether he was sick after that in the video....

Just tried that with water and failed miserably.
Reply 5
Original post by unidreams
Just tried that with water and failed miserably.

You need to learn to suppress your gag reflex, imagine the water flowing from the cup straight down to your stomach. It's very hard to master, even now I can barely do it but when you do learn to do it, you can literally down a pint in 2-3 seconds. Party trick :tongue:
About 7secs a pint if I'm really thirsty. Double/Triple this if I've already had a couple of pints. Gets too fizzy and bloated to gulp.

Trick is to open up your throat but I have no idea how I just try and take huge gulps and try not to inhale. :h:
Reply 7
A pint of bitter in about 2 seconds. Used to be able to do lager in the same but normally it is too fizzy and it burns so would take a few gulps (about 6 seconds).
Reply 8
This is a very useful skill.
Reply 9
The best part of that video is watching the guy in the background.
Reply 10
I like how they're Australian :rolleyes:
Reply 11
It's much easier to neck bitter than lager. I used to be sub 5 seconds when I was a 1st year, but now I struggle to break 10. my mate did a pint in less than 3s when we were on tour once.
My mate from uni, who I lived with in my 2nd year can down a bottle of wine strawpedo style in around 5 seconds or less. Needless to say both times I've known him do this he has disappeared when we've gone out to a club and when quizzed about what happened the next day he hadn't the foggiest.

Best downing I've ever seen.
Reply 13
Original post by Pyrao
Obviously not fast enough. My personal record is 11 seconds for a pint and I've friends who can down a pint in 6-7 seconds but this is another level.

That video is CRAZY man! :eek2:

I don't drink beer, so I have never tried to down it. I down vodka and orange/coke/cranberry/whatever and it takes me 6 or 7 seconds for a glass? :dontknow:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
8s is my personal best :colone:
can't do it man, as soon as I get a good gulp I just start gagging. can't down any drinks beyond shots really.
About 7 seconds. But I get screwed up if it's reeeally cold.
4.5 seconds for a pint of guinnesss, I have video for proof
Reply 18
I don’t even open my throat I don’t think and I can do about 3 seconds

Quick Reply

Latest