The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Occupational Therapy students past and present- help?

If you are currently/ever have been/ever applied for Occupational Therapy at UEA is there any chance that you could contact me as I'd like to speak to you and ask a few questions- it would greatly appreciated!
Original post by Grund
If you are currently/ever have been/ever applied for Occupational Therapy at UEA is there any chance that you could contact me as I'd like to speak to you and ask a few questions- it would greatly appreciated!

i just applied :smile: i have an offer and have put UEA as my firm :smile: xx
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
hey, i have an interview for OT at uea nxt wednesday! Could u tell me what to expect from the interview? Im abit nervous to say the least! :smile: xx
Hello, I am a second year OT MSc student, so I had my interview a little while ago, but since then I have worked at open days and interview days, so have a few ideas about what they are looking for, a few of the questions they might ask and know what the first year of the course is like.

Here are a few I know I was asked at the interview:
1. What is occupational therapy/what do you think occupational therapy is?
2. Why do you want to come to UEA?
3. If you have done any shadowing, they asked me to talk about anything that had stuck in my mind, or that I thought was particularly interesting.

At the open day Maggie (the course director) also said if you had a non-traditional 1st degree (e.g. science based) how what skills have you gained that could be transferred to OT. Although if you are applying to the BSc then this is could be an example from work experience.

I think that the most important thing you need to know about the MSc course is that it is VERY self-directed. You have to find the information you need to know, independently learn it and then demonstrate this knowledge in class. If you aren't very self motivated then this can be tricky. Anatomy feels scary at first, but it's not that bad. The first time you cover a joint there are so many new terms etc, but they repeat all over the body. Also UEA have dissection with cadavers, you don't touch them but you observe an anatomist and get to look at all the structures in place. It's not as bad as you might imagine, and you only see what you need to.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions.
Reply 4
Thank you so much, this is really helpful :smile: How many people are/were there on your Msc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending