Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Ancient History 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irosebud)
    Hi, hope you don't mind me asking, but what sort of grades are you hoping to get? My friend is stressing about her application for Swansea for ancient history and is predicted BBC and she's doing an EPQ. Do you think she'll be alright?
    Erm I'm predicted ABBB, but they've made me an offer of BBB. I know people that have been given offers above what they've been predicted so who knows. Might get credit for EPQ too, my one friend did applying for normal History at Sheffield.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLD93)
    Nope just the 4. Not even an acknowledgement from Royal Holloway no idea what's going on with them ha.
    I just got an interview from Royal Holloway
    they don't acknowledge btw, if that helps
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tashaa18)
    I just got an interview from Royal Holloway
    they don't acknowledge btw, if that helps
    Yup I've got an interview now too
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLD93)
    Yup I've got an interview now too
    when's yours?
    also offer from swansea
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Bristol and Exeter
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    when's yours?
    also offer from swansea
    nice one ermm i havent replied yet that reminds me! Think it'll be the 22nd Feb yours?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLD93)
    nice one ermm i havent replied yet that reminds me! Think it'll be the 22nd Feb yours?
    I did the 1st feb, later in feb I've got mocks so wanted to do it before then
    last one is Bham now, which I haven't heard from yet.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did the 1st feb, later in feb I've got mocks so wanted to do it before then
    last one is Bham now, which I haven't heard from yet.
    Oh really? I've got exams in January and going into early Feb and wanted to catch up on reading and stuff for the interview so there was no chance I was doing it that early!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for Royal Holloway too I got offers from Birmingham and Warwick!!! So happy!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying - glad I'm not the only one xD

I've applied to Birmingham, Bristol, Durham, Manchester an Nottingham - and have so far got offers from Birmingham, Manchester and Nottingham Hope to see some of you next year
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJGamble)
    Thanks for replying - glad I'm not the only one xD

I've applied to Birmingham, Bristol, Durham, Manchester an Nottingham - and have so far got offers from Birmingham, Manchester and Nottingham Hope to see some of you next year
    yaayy, yeh I got birmingham too
    that's gonna be my firm now
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i sent mine off on the 13th of october and so far have got offers from manchester (ABB), Newcastle (AAB) and Leeds (ABB) but i'm not bothered about leeds, now i'm just waiting for an offer from St Andrews. (FYI. I applied to Newcastle twice, for Ancient history and Ancient History + Classics, because i loved it so much XD)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eamanexancalime)
    i sent mine off on the 13th of october and so far have got offers from manchester (ABB), Newcastle (AAB) and Leeds (ABB) but i'm not bothered about leeds, now i'm just waiting for an offer from St Andrews. (FYI. I applied to Newcastle twice, for Ancient history and Ancient History + Classics, because i loved it so much XD)
    Leeds don't do Ancient History though, so did you apply for classical civilisation then? or something similar?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Leeds don't do Ancient History though, so did you apply for classical civilisation then? or something similar?
    Sorry just to correct myself, I applied for Classical Studies as a second choice for Newcastle, and for Leeds specifically I applied for russian civilization and roman civilization because it just fitted in with my personal statement
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eamanexancalime)
    Sorry just to correct myself, I applied for Classical Studies as a second choice for Newcastle, and for Leeds specifically I applied for russian civilization and roman civilization because it just fitted in with my personal statement
    that sounds awesome : )
    where's your first choice?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If i get an offer probab;y St andrews, but for the moment Newcastle as first and Manchester as my second
    Do you know what your choices are yet?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ive applied to do ancient history at bristol but havent heard anything back yet. starting to worry a lil bit now but hopefully i'll get in.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    good luck to all
    i got offers to for Ancient History!! xD
    Manchester - ABB
    Liverpool - ABB
    Birmingham - ABB
    Swansea - ABB
    Royal Holloway - Interview (don't kno if am gnna go though)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview from Royal Holloway, offers from Warwick and Birmingham.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Manchester: ABB
    Cardiff: ABB
    Liverpool: ABB

And am still waiting for Newcastle - my top choice, and Bristol.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 20, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.