The Student Room Group

Personal Statement

I'm in the midst of writing my personal statement, I have already done my first draft and I'm looking to pad it out with some more online work experience to do with my application for Ancient History. I already volunteer for a charity to do with Cuba, written articles on historical and current events, and entered an essay competition (results in September). I am also deputy head student and run an academic support scheme in my college commencing in September.
I'm looking to apply for St. Andrews, Edinburgh, Durham, Liverpool and another I haven't decided on, I'll hopefully be predicted A*, A*, A. I'm unsure on how best to improve this. Any help is welcome!
Original post by Elliee.o
I'm in the midst of writing my personal statement, I have already done my first draft and I'm looking to pad it out with some more online work experience to do with my application for Ancient History. I already volunteer for a charity to do with Cuba, written articles on historical and current events, and entered an essay competition (results in September). I am also deputy head student and run an academic support scheme in my college commencing in September.
I'm looking to apply for St. Andrews, Edinburgh, Durham, Liverpool and another I haven't decided on, I'll hopefully be predicted A*, A*, A. I'm unsure on how best to improve this. Any help is welcome!

Make sure that all of your experience links back to help with your skills needed for ancient history, like how the skills gained from volunteering for the charity will help with your studies within ancient history. For this maybe look at the things you would study or the modules you will do and link them to the skills needed for that. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending