Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Ancient History 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJGamble)
    Congratulations

Sensible spread of choices, unlike many Oxbridge applicants I've seen
    Thanks.

I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so I wanted some lower offers in case I ended up missing a lot of lessons like I did last year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sosotalk)
    Thanks.

I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so I wanted some lower offers in case I ended up missing a lot of lessons like I did last year.
    Are you serious? So do I...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious? So do I...
    Really?

Wow. That's a real coincidence!

Are you in university? If so, how do you find it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sosotalk)
    Really?

Wow. That's a real coincidence!

Are you in university? If so, how do you find it?
    Last year of school actually doing A2's atm, then I'm heading up to Uni to study Ancient History

Depends on the day to be honest, affects me worst between around 3 - 6, but its gotten a lot better since I started drinking lots of water, working out and eating healthily

How about yours?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from Durham, not really bothered though, as I've got an offer from Bristol which is my first choice

Just got to choose between Manchester and Birmingham for no.2 now...thoughts?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from Durham, not really bothered though, as I've got an offer from Bristol which is my first choice

Me too ... got it this afternoon. My first choice is King's .. but considering it was my first response from a university, it's definitely put a downer on things lol
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:

Bristol is fantastic (better than Durham IMHO) Well done. Don't know much about Manchester so off the top of my head I'd say Birmingham. It won't matter though 'cos you'll be off to Bristol anyway!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catoswyn)
    Bristol is fantastic (better than Durham IMHO) Well done. Don't know much about Manchester so off the top of my head I'd say Birmingham. It won't matter though 'cos you'll be off to Bristol anyway!
    Birmingham!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:

Aemiliana should know more on Manchester

(Original post by Aemiliana)
    x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My friend got rejected for classics from st andrews about 2 weeks ago and I just got a rejection today for ancient history because of the ammount of applicants. Weirdly I'm so happy about it, it feels like a pressure off my mind from all the competition. Newcastle firm, Manchester insurance
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eamanexancalime)
    My friend got rejected for classics from st andrews about 2 weeks ago and I just got a rejection today for ancient history because of the ammount of applicants. Weirdly I'm so happy about it, it feels like a pressure off my mind from all the competition. Newcastle firm, Manchester insurance.
    That's a pity but I understand exactly what you mean! Newcastle and Manchester are very good universities for the study of the Ancient world, so congrats on getting in there!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sappho)
    That's a pity but I understand exactly what you mean! Newcastle and Manchester are very good universities for the study of the Ancient world, so congrats on getting in there!
    Thank you!! I hope your applications are going well
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:

Manchester's pretty good, it's raining here at the moment mind so I'm not in the mood to say the wonderful things about it when I'm freezing my arse off at work. I chose not to choose Birmingham because when in applied, the average offer was BBB and when I got my offer, it came with a letter stating that they'd upped the average offer to ABB . Not only did this piss me off, I was never all that keen on Birmingham anyway.

Just out of interest, who is your 5th choice? :ninja:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Still no news from Newcastle or Bristol and I sent my application in on the 2nd of Dec! Going out of my mind about Newcastle!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eamanexancalime)
    Thank you!! I hope your applications are going well
    Oh, I'm already at uni, but yes, my application went well last year
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sappho)
    Oh, I'm already at uni, but yes, my application went well last year
    Haha!! whoops XD in that case very well done with last years application and hope uni is going well for you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applied to and had offers from King's College, Manchester and Birmingham for Ancient History - as well as Leeds(History and Roman Civilization) and Newcastle(History).

My first choice is King's and haven't decided on my insurance but is anyone else planning on going there or to any of the others I mentioned?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kclayton93)
    Applied to and had offers from King's College, Manchester and Birmingham for Ancient History - as well as Leeds(History and Roman Civilization) and Newcastle(History).

My first choice is King's and haven't decided on my insurance but is anyone else planning on going there or to any of the others I mentioned?
    Hey when did you get your offer from King's? I'm still waiting on mine :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic8BallKR)
    Hey when did you get your offer from King's? I'm still waiting on mine :/
    Umm I got it on the 7th it was really out of the blue since I expected them to reject me since i'm only predicted ABB and I have no A's at GCSE so i'm sure that if someone with as terrible a profile to apply to King's as mine can get an offer, i'm sure you will.

The offer was AAA rather than the AAAb they advertised aswell 0_o I hope you get an offer and I bet the only reason you haven't yet is because they're sifting through all the applications. So goodluck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kclayton93)
    Umm I got it on the 7th it was really out of the blue since I expected them to reject me since i'm only predicted ABB and I have no A's at GCSE so i'm sure that if someone with as terrible a profile to apply to King's as mine can get an offer, i'm sure you will.

The offer was AAA rather than the AAAb they advertised aswell 0_o I hope you get an offer and I bet the only reason you haven't yet is because they're sifting through all the applications. So goodluck
    I've had rejections from Durham and Kent ... so I'm not holding out any hope to be honest.

It was 6 years ago I did my A Levels and I ended up with god awful results. I'm hoping my life experience and the SAT's I took at the end of last year are going to pull me through this one.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 20, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.