Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

anyone going Roehampton Uni 2012 ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Project AKO
I've confirmed my place at Roehampton and I'm studying Anthropology.

Just wondering, is there anyone here in their early 20's rather than 18/19? I'm a bit worried I'll be that random mature student lol

Hey, I'll be 21 when i start in september on the Theatre course, I know what you mean but I'm sure there will be more older students! :smile:

Are you staying in halls? Are you going to apply for the Mature students ones or just regular ones?
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 201
I've confirmed my place at Roehampton and I'm studying Anthropology.

Just wondering, is there anyone here in their early 20's rather than 18/19? I'm a bit worried I'll be that random mature student lol

I'm 23. I'm sure there will be a few of us.
Reply 202
so I'm joining Roehampton in september (fingers crossed) to study english language & linguistics combined with english literature.... I only know 3 other people going there but to do other courses am I the only one whose really nervous that I wont make any friends?? or am I just being paranoid??
Original post by ella.wr
so I'm joining Roehampton in september (fingers crossed) to study english language & linguistics combined with english literature.... I only know 3 other people going there but to do other courses am I the only one whose really nervous that I wont make any friends?? or am I just being paranoid??

Don't be afraid, Roehampton is a really friendly uni :smile: You staying in halls? I really enjoyed my time there, and there are plenty of chances to make friends via your course, halls, societies or sports. Because it's quite a small uni, by the time you get to 2nd or 3rd year you'll realise that friends you may know from your course may have somehow met friends you met via a sport (for example) and everyone just ends up becoming friends (or acquaintances rather) with everyone else. Just grab all the opportunities you get :smile:
`!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ablincoe
Hey, I'll be 21 when i start in september on the Theatre course, I know what you mean but I'm sure there will be more older students! :smile:

Are you staying in halls? Are you going to apply for the Mature students ones or just regular ones?

Yep, I've applied for halls, I don't know if they'll stick me in the Mature students ones or not. When I called a few weeks ago, they said to be classed as 'mature' you have to be 25...so maybe I'll get the regular ones. Probably comes down to availablility or something.

Is Theatre studies at Froebel College btw?
who's going in 2013?
Reply 207
I'm going in September to study Creative Writing (hopefully!) but I don't know anyone else on the course or even going to the Uni unlike my friends who all know at least 1 other who's going with them so I'm hoping to find some more people on here~
Yep, I've applied for halls, I don't know if they'll stick me in the Mature students ones or not. When I called a few weeks ago, they said to be classed as 'mature' you have to be 25...so maybe I'll get the regular ones. Probably comes down to availablility or something.

Is Theatre studies at Froebel College btw?

My friend is 22 and in mature halls in Whitelands now, so yeah guess it depends on availability.

Drama and Theatre is in Digby Stuart as it's in the School Of Arts, however Dance is in Froebel as Dance is classed as a school of it's own
Reply 209
A question to any current students.. Typically when do you finish for Christmas?
Reply 210
Original post by capaldi1
I'm going in September to study Creative Writing (hopefully!) but I don't know anyone else on the course or even going to the Uni unlike my friends who all know at least 1 other who's going with them so I'm hoping to find some more people on here~

I'm hopefully doing Creative Writing with Journalism and I don't know anyone. Plus it's not easy for me to get down for the days and stuff as I'm from York so I don't have much opportunity to meet them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 211
Original post by ella.wr

Im going to do English Lit and French, and don't know anyone really either. I think most people feel the same, I know I do. We'll all be fine, I'm sure :smile:
Original post by realiste
A question to any current students.. Typically when do you finish for Christmas?

Last year we finished December 16th :smile:
Reply 213
Hi!

I am from France and I am going to study English literature at Roahampton as an Erasmus student.
I will soon have to apply for an accomodation. The only thing I know is that ensuite rooms are too expensive for me! Can anyone give me an advice?
Original post by JoannaB
Hi!

I am from France and I am going to study English literature at Roahampton as an Erasmus student.
I will soon have to apply for an accomodation. The only thing I know is that ensuite rooms are too expensive for me! Can anyone give me an advice?

You could see if you are eligible for one of Roehampton's grant/bursary schemes. Also, there are a lot of great charities willing to help EU students/young people, look around.

Secondly, is it essential for you to have an ensuite room? If not the other forms of accomodation are cheaper!:smile:
Reply 215
You could see if you are eligible for one of Roehampton's grant/bursary schemes. Also, there are a lot of great charities willing to help EU students/young people, look around.

Secondly, is it essential for you to have an ensuite room? If not the other forms of accomodation are cheaper!:smile:

No, I don't need an ensuite room. I am just having troubles choosing my future residence hall, and this criterium excludes Lee House.
Thanks for telling me about the grant schemes, it is the first time I hear about it!
Reply 216
I am about to start my second year at Roehampton studying Business Management and Spanish. I have lived on campus for my first year and am also a flat rep next year, so if anyone has any questions I am more than willing to answer them. Also, I am the vice captain of the uni hockey team so if you anyone is interested please get in contact.
Reply 217
I have applied for an undergraduate place studying psychology and counselling. hopefully they will offer me a place as it is my first choice:smile:
Whats the internet connection like? Ive applied for Lee House :smile:
Original post by Benjaminwitc
Whats the internet connection like? Ive applied for Lee House :smile:

I lived in Lee House 4 years ago, you can either connect via wire or through wireless. At the time you could only get wireless in the kitchen in my flat, but I know it's improved since then so you'll probably be able to get it anywhere. It's generally quite good though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending