The Student Room Group

Steve Jobs is dead

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Contributed immensely to this world.

RIP.
Original post by CondensedMilk
Apparently he went for some time after the initial diagnosis refusing proper treatment and insisting on a 'special diet' to fight the disease. That was years ago though, he had proper treatment sometime around 2005. I don't think anyone can accurately say that badly judged start really affected the final outcome.

Not apparently, that was proven fact... the diet was just salad basically which made it a lot worse than it turned out to be had he actually gone for proper treatment from the start.

I am really sad that he has passed on but you have to wonder what was going through his head when he first found out he had cancer as if he had the treatment he could still be alive today :smile:
A great inventor and visionary, I'm still sad that he passed away and even for someone who is so young. RIP Steve Jobs
Even knowing he was ill, this still came as such a shock :sad: Incredibly inspirational man, RIP.
He's probably trying to hock Apple products to Lucifer and his motley crew.
Reply 105
I wasn't very shocked but I have the same weird feeling I have when someone who I admired but never knew dies.

RIP :frown:
I really thought that he was a survivor of pancreatic cancer. A cancer that apparently has a 25% survival rate on initial diagnosis.

Requiescat in pace.
I think Obama put it best when he said his greatest legacy is that much of the world heard the news using a device he created. It's truly incredible how one person has defined today's technology landscape. And he was, and always will be, an inspiration.

If there's one thing we can take from his untimely death it's that more money needs to be spent on cancer research.
Reply 108
R.I.P Steve - Just glad I lived in the same era as him. What a great guy, a true game changer. x
I don't care if you were a fan of Apple or not, this is just so sad, the man revolutionised the field of technology.
Reply 110
All I see are armchair doctors. Let him rest in peace and store your negativity somewhere else.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 111
A true innovator has passed away. :frown:
Does this mean my ipod is a collector's item now?
Reply 113
“because almost everything all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. remembering that you are going to die is the best way i know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. you are already naked. there is no reason not to follow your heart.” - Steve Jobs

A true inspiration to the world
Wow. Why do the best people in the world have the worst luck? I bet ijustine is so upset :frown: it's weird to think that we were really at the beginning when it was truly amazing, and have the products show it. in 50 years time I wonder how many people would have kept these 'Steve jobs era' products and compare them to what they create at the time.

I wonder how much they will keep the companies ethos to Steve jobs' ethos or whether they will slowly but surely take it in another direction? Dont think they would dare to...
Reply 115
RIP Steve :frown:
I feel sad about it. I respect the man for the contributions he did for creating superb technology and creating millions of jobs and as well because of Apple many companies came up in competition with it.
omg shocker!! R.I.P.
R.I.P. Steve Jobbs.
Reply 119
He was a brilliant man. RIP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending