The Student Room Group

Scottish Uni Offers

Hey guys,

I've been looking at an English thread for the past few days and loads of them are getting offers for uni already! Has anyone here recieved offers or do our unis not offer places until later in the year/early 2012?

Cheers Lads
Reply 1
Original post by aroy45
Hey guys,

I've been looking at an English thread for the past few days and loads of them are getting offers for uni already! Has anyone here recieved offers or do our unis not offer places until later in the year/early 2012?

Cheers Lads

I don't know about this year, but it varies between universities and courses when offers are sent. My old school didn't normally send its applications until around November and the earliest offers were probably December - with a lot coming in January/February.
I sent my applications about this time (3 years ago) and got my first offer in mid November. I was at the Edinburgh open day a few weeks ago, and the admissions talk for CHS mentioned that they would make the great bulk of their offers after the January deadline. I really wouldn't worry. :smile:
Original post by TheUnbeliever
I sent my applications about this time (3 years ago) and got my first offer in mid November. I was at the Edinburgh open day a few weeks ago, and the admissions talk for CHS mentioned that they would make the great bulk of their offers after the January deadline. I really wouldn't worry. :smile:

yeah, Edinburgh is notorious for being slow. It's fair enough I suppose, they have a high applicant : place ratio so they don't want to give out half their offers and then find out there are loads of good applications being sent in December/January.
(edited 12 years ago)
St Andrews also do (or, rather, did - and I have no reason to expect this to have changed) something similar.
Reply 5

you coming to Edinburgh for postgrad?

my offers were slow indeed. sent mines off in December and Glasgow got back to me a few weeks later. Edinburgh/Heriot-Watt/St Andrews didn't reply til March/April.
Original post by Dado Prso
you coming to Edinburgh for postgrad?

Ha, no. I suspect the only place I'll be post-grad is the dole queue. Younger brother.
Reply 7
Ha, no. I suspect the only place I'll be post-grad is the dole queue. Younger brother.

it scares me what awaits if you were unable to conquer it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending