The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

No offers -_- All my acknowledges came in though, here's a breakdown of when if anyone cares

Oct 12 - Application sent
Bath ack
York Ack

Oct 13 - Durham Ack

Oct 14 - Cardiff Ack

Oct 17 - Oxford Ack

I just want to know if I'm going to get rejected or not, the waiting is driving me mad, hopefully I'll get used to it in a few weeks...
Original post by Charlesworth
Same - not too surprised to be honest but quite annoying, I just want to know if I have been rejected or accepted now! I have a feeling I will be waiting a long time for offers :rolleyes:

May I just say, your sig is epic :biggrin:
Original post by TheJ0ker
May I just say, your sig is epic :biggrin:

Haha thank you very much :biggrin:
3 acknowledgements so far and one invite for interview at Manchester :woo: just got the letter in the post today.
Original post by PhysChemGirl
3 acknowledgements so far and one invite for interview at Manchester :woo: just got the letter in the post today.

Congratulations on the interview!
Congratulations on the interview!

Thanks! :biggrin: I'm a bit nervous though -it's in less than two weeks :eek:
Original post by PhysChemGirl
Thanks! :biggrin: I'm a bit nervous though -it's in less than two weeks :eek:

Really :redface: what is it for? My your user name is it Chemistry of Physics by any chance? :tongue:
Really :redface: what is it for? My your user name is it Chemistry of Physics by any chance? :tongue:

Perceptive! :wink: It's for a masters in Physics. At the time when I made my username I couldn't decide between the two subjects. :colondollar:
Reply 268
I'm waiting for my old school to add my reference, they are on half term for two weeks and have a very bad feeling it won't be done till after that damn it :frown:
Original post by oxymoronic
Remember that your schools will have been busy dealing with the early deadline applicants for the last few weeks. These people HAD to get their applications done whereas you guys have got another three months.

If it were the other way around I highly doubt you'd be impressed as an Oxbridge/medicine candidate if your application ended up being late or your teacher had less time to help you because they were prioritising people who still had months to apply. Remember, teachers have so much other stuff going on in their professional and personal lives. Your UCAS application is one tiny part of all of the responsibilities they have and when it comes down to it, whether your application goes now or in a few weeks doesn't make any difference. If your PS is good then it will always be good. Even when it does get sent all that will happen then is that you'll spend the next 7 months refreshing track for 5 words to change. Its a long long process - if you stress yourself out now before you've even begun you will not survive in a healthy way until next August.

I know its difficult and feels like its the end of the world. But it isn't - good luck :smile:

You're a wonderful person.:smile:
Original post by TheJ0ker
I still have no offers

:nothing:

This is very normal for this time of year. Try not to get too stressed about it right now - there'll be plenty of time for that later. Go off and do fun teenaged things.:smile:
does anyone know how long nottingham/southampton take on average to send out offers? i'm slowly going mad and its been about... ten days :colondollar:
Reply 272
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
does anyone know how long nottingham/southampton take on average to send out offers? i'm slowly going mad and its been about... ten days :colondollar:

This year, Notts are NOT sending out acknowledgments, they will either - interview straight, or accept/reject. A few people got offers from Notts within around a fortnight of applying but didnt recieve any acknowledgment emails or letters.

not sure about the others e.g. southampton
Original post by carnationlilyrose
This is very normal for this time of year. Try not to get too stressed about it right now - there'll be plenty of time for that later. Go off and do fun teenaged things.:smile:

I've planned my university application the way most teenage girls plan their wedding... I'm not sure what 'fun teenaged things' are... Haha XD
Original post by NaturalAndReal
I've planned my university application the way most teenage girls plan their wedding... I'm not sure what 'fun teenaged things' are... Haha XD

Well, I certainly don't know, being of your parents' generation, so I thought I'd best be vague.
Reply 275
I haven't even gotten ANY confirmation that they've got it D: .
Reply 276
ahhh this is killing me, and ive only just sent it away!
Reply 277
Original post by laurie:)
ahhh this is killing me, and ive only just sent it away!

It's been a whole working day for me! How do you think I feel!!!
Reply 278
Original post by JohnJoe
It's been a whole working day for me! How do you think I feel!!!

It's been 12 days how do you think I feel :P
Reply 279
Original post by AmberCD
It's been 12 days how do you think I feel :P

Did you get err.. confirmation your Unis got them already?
(12 days way too long they aint gonna take you sob!)

^That's how I feel anyhow D: Why can't they decide right away! It's cruel!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending