The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by brokenlogic18
Almost a month since I submitted my application and nothing more than a couple of acknowledgements. Now the wait is getting to me :tongue: just one offer to keep me happy please! :biggrin: everytime I see Inbox (1) I eagerly check, only to find an automated email from Tesco offering me discounted wine...

EDIT: Hang on not a month! :tongue: I guess it just feels that long!

Hahaha same, every email I get lately is from something I´ve unknowingly subscribed to ages ago and they decide now is the time to bombard me with their advertisements :colonhash:
So annoyed, I've done all my UCAS and sent it to my college, but they'll do nothing until after half term, saying they'll send it by the 9th of November. I just want it to be sent off so I can feel a little less stressed.
Reply 582
Original post by bjaman
When did you send off the app? Just curious 'cause I'm applying to Liverpool too :smile:

I sent my app off on the 30th Sept :smile: Good luck!! What are you applying for?
Reply 583
Original post by cinquee
I sent my app off on the 30th Sept :smile: Good luck!!

Have you already heard from any of your choices yet?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by FinalMH
wow lool calm down

woah, a CS student! at which uni, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Original post by Besakt
I was like that for like the first 24 hours. Now I just think **** it, and check it twice or three times a day. When I wake up and before bed and sometimes in the middle of the day if I'm bored.

same here... I was so crazy before getting my Oxford acknowledgment. but after receiving my Oxford one, I calmed down a lot and now check my email at a normal rate only. feels a lot better.

Original post by -Illmatic-
Can you log in to track without getting your welcome letter thingy :eek3: ?

yes, just click at the forgot login details thingy and they will email you your Track Personal ID.
Original post by aurcen
I actually emailed them about this from a pseudo email address (I've gone mad, I know) and they said they don't send acknowledgements, which made me feel a whole lot better. :smile:

nice :biggrin: which university is that, if I may know?

Original post by britchick
Pahaha I would do the same too, creating an anonymous e-mail account :L

me too xD btw two days is rather short, be more patient! some unis take less than one day to reply but some other unis take ages to reply D:

Original post by mpc1
Sometimes the anxiety increases with time especially when nothing is heard yet :frown:

and go exponential :O and to infinity >.<
Reply 586
OFFER FROM LIVERPOOL wooooooooooooooooo.

ABB (including Bio/Chem) - Microbiology.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
Reply 587
Sent off my application just a week ago, and got an offer yesterday! I feel so relieved!
Original post by i Pav i

CONGRATULATIONS :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Original post by aneduce
Sent off my application just a week ago, and got an offer yesterday! I feel so relieved!

CONGRATULATIONS :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: from which uni??
Reply 589
Original post by aneduce

What course?? Aaah, SO nervous now.
Reply 590
Original post by i Pav i

Great! Did you get this on a Saturday?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 591
Original post by aneduce

Great!!!! That is really fast response. Which uni?
Original post by mpc1
Great! Did you get this on a SUNDAY?

Today is Saturday.. :curious:
Original post by TheJ0ker
Yes offer from warwick

:woo:

Excellent news!
Original post by JohnJoe
**** yes.

Conditional offer from portsmouth!!!!

Excellent news!
Reply 595
Original post by desy.kris
CONGRATULATIONS :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

CONGRATULATIONS :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: from which uni??

thanks kriss! :smile: was bareee happy.

Original post by mpc1
Great! Did you get this on a Saturday?

ermm i got it at 9pm on friday loool.. was kinda shocked..
Seems pretty unfair if they do so before considering the entire spectrum of candidates. Or is it only the very best (e.g. top 10%) who get offers early?

Just wondered cos I sent mine off today and wondered how worried I should be if I have no reply in a month's time.
Has anyone made an open application to Oxford...I seem to have been forgotten! They said they'd tell me the college name on Friday but they still haven't been in touch. I want to fill out my cover sheets and send them off!
Reply 598
Now the problem is, if I get another offer I wont know which to take :/.
Original post by jesusofsuburbia
Seems pretty unfair if they do so before considering the entire spectrum of candidates. Or is it only the very best (e.g. top 10%) who get offers early?Just wondered cos I sent mine off today and wondered how worried I should be if I have no reply in a month's time.

Yes they always give out offers as soon as applications start to arrive. Some unis wait til october, some til january, some til march. Otherwise if they waited until all applications were in (january deadline) before filtering them down to offers and rejections, it would take forever to get it all done in time.

Regarding the bit in bold - no, because how would they know the early candidates were the top 10%?

Theres no need to worry if you dont get offers quickly. As I said some dont give offers until january. I havent even sent my application yet (well i have but my school havent attached the reference, grrrr). Sometimes its better to hear nothing because if it was an instant rejection you would hear fairly quickly (though there are some exceptions), it might be that you are put into the 'maybe' pile and so your offers/rejections may come in later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending