The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

You do realise this isn't an electronic process.

For 2010 entry only 35 institutions receiving 311150 application choices received the applications electronically. The other estimated 2,409,348 application choices were printed out and mailed by UCAS to the universities.
Original post by TobeTheHero
don't unis love taking their time...no?

Dude, your sig just made my day :cool:
Reply 1902
Original post by ch0llima
Universities are notoriously slow, disorganised and inefficient - particularly when they are doubtless swamped with piles and piles of UCAS applications. Treat this as a warm-up :smile:

I just hate the thought that I was not good enough to be a definite candidate and send it straight away. I know some, like Durham, wait regardless. But others, evidently, are very quick.

I know it's a slow process, it's just dealing with the silly constructions you make in your mind.
Original post by ThisIsOurDecision
No, at night. I don't think 8:30am would ever qualify as a late Track update.

Well it could have been the latest one she had=-O
Original post by Pensivedore
Well done!!!!!!!!!

Why didn't you tell me? :biggrin:

lol it's not really the Uni I'm hoping to go to :tongue:
Have you got any yet?
Reply 1905
Finally got my application sent off today and I'm getting nervous and impatient already ... the waiting is going to be awful and I'm going to be having interviews added into the process as well -_- Scary stuff! x
49 days in and I have finally got an offer from King's for International Politics, so so so happy!
Original post by britchick

Original post by britchick
My UCAS was sent to my 5 uni's on 20th October.

1. Conditional offer (Anglia Ruskin, Cambridge) - 25th October (5 days; but I know someone who got an offer from the same uni for the same course this year within 45 minutes :|)
2. Rejection (Plymouth) - 1st November (12 days)
3. Conditional offer (Aston) - 8th November (19 days)
4. Conditional offer (City) - 10th November (21 days)

What are you wanting to study at Anglia Ruskin?? I'am waiting to hear from them, i only sent it on friday though.
After saying 'relax, dont worry' for a month a am now nurvous myself after sending the thing off last week :P

Good luck all!!
Original post by LifeIsGood
lol it's not really the Uni I'm hoping to go to :tongue:
Have you got any yet?

Oh, which one is it?

No I haven't, my reference hasn't even been written yet :?
Original post by TheSownRose
Always love it when people justify a choice like this.

Quality comment
Original post by ConnorB
Dude, your sig just made my day :cool:

It's a pleasure:smile:
The three I've had so far were at 4.45pm, 5.16pm and 5.02pm :smile:
Original post by strawberryjellybaby
49 days in and I have finally got an offer from King's for International Politics, so so so happy!

hey, i saw u were applying politics with a year abroad at durham. do you know where the overseas universities are?
Original post by Jabberwox
Just had an unconditional offer from Gloucestershire :biggrin: :biggrin: my first offer wooooo so happy :biggrin: :biggrin:

woah congratulations!!! :biggrin: are you on a gap year?
Reply 1915
I sent mine off on the same day and haven't heard anything yet either! I know what you mean, it's difficult to wait but it just depends from Uni to Uni and department to department.
Original post by strawberryjellybaby

wow!! congratulations!! I can imagine the excitement :biggrin: is King's your first choice or..?
I'm sick of waiting!
There are so many people that sent their application off after mine, but have received at least 1 offer and in some cases all offers by now!
Getting nervous!

Mathematics admissions tutors need to get their **** together...
My best friend got 2 offers today... I want some offers now :fuhrer:
Original post by maxcartwright
hey, i saw u were applying politics with a year abroad at durham. do you know where the overseas universities are?

•University of British Columbia, Canada
•University of Hong Kong, China
•Boston College, USA
•University of California, USA
•National University of Singapore

Basically I want to spend a year in America :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending