The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nedyalkova
I received a letter (via post) about two weeks ago. Theysaid they give me an offer. They actually didn't say what kind of offers, but I suppose it's conditional. And the decision hasn't appeared on my UCAS Track yet.

I've sent my application on the 29th of November.
Okay thanks, I sent mine off on 2nd of december and since then they've sent me a prospectus and asked me to come to their visit day, so i assumed they were interested or something, but wasn't entirely sure.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 181
Original post by matthurry

ok, thing is i got A*AAAAAABBC for gcse, if i get AAAA at AS and AAA A2 predicitions, what are my chances being accepted into newcastle for Economics?

Got an offer for Economics quite quickly and I got exactly the same at GCSE. Only got ABBC at AS aswell but predicted A*AA but if u get AAAA at AS and are predicted 3 A's, as long as subjects are relevant, you should be absolutely fine. What are you taking at A Level?
Original post by joshadams

Original post by joshadams
Got an offer for Economics quite quickly and I got exactly the same at GCSE. Only got ABBC at AS aswell but predicted A*AA but if u get AAAA at AS and are predicted 3 A's, as long as subjects are relevant, you should be absolutely fine. What are you taking at A Level?

biol, chem, economics, maths so it will be really tough to get A*AA at A2. Btw, did you find you did poorly on your unit 1 exams? any tips on how to get A's? (im only predicted ABBC)
Hey guys, I got an offer for CS: Software engineering, however it hasn't updated on my ucas and in the letter they sent, it doesn't have the grades required. Any ideas?
Original post by Unspecified
Hey guys, I got an offer for CS: Software engineering, however it hasn't updated on my ucas and in the letter they sent, it doesn't have the grades required. Any ideas?

Just wait =)
I got such a letter two weeks ago, but my Track was updated only today. They ask for 8.5/10 and 85% in my State Exams and 6.5 (with no less than 5.5) for the IELTS.
Reply 185

biol, chem, economics, maths so it will be really tough to get A*AA at A2. Btw, did you find you did poorly on your unit 1 exams? any tips on how to get A's? (im only predicted ABBC)

yeah, incredibly hard set of A levels though so that will be taken into account! did better on unit 1 than 2 i think, ended up with an A on Unit 1. Most important things are to absolutely nail definitions as u can pick up upto 12 marks through the paper and helps alot with the multiple choice. Then on the 25 mark question make sure the analysis is laid down enough before starting evaluation. Don't spend too long on the shorter questions, be concise to leave enough time for the 25 marker!
Anybody for Nutrition and psycology? :smile:
Applied for Politics at Newcastle. Anyone had an offer for Politics yet?
Computer science I've applied for, going to the admissions day in feb, but still waiting on an offer.
Reply 189
Got an offer in November maybe :smile: Newcastle University (N21). Computing Science with Industrial Placement (Software Engineering) (G603).
This offer is subject to you obtaining Award ofLithuanian Brandos Atestatas8:5 AVERAGE AND 85% IN STATE EXAMINATIONS and Pass at IELTS with overall band score of 6.5
Reply 190
Applied for 'Japanese and Cultural Studies', and still waiting for an answer :tongue:
Reply 191
Got a conditional offer for English literature today :biggrin:
Reply 192
On 6th got an email saying they would consider my application after the January deadline.Has anyone got an email like this? I wonder if they mass send it.
Conditional for Computing Science :smile:
Reply 194
aah id love to join you all in newcastle!! i have an interview in a couple days, very nervous! what are some good things about newcastle? incase they ask me why this uni/city? id really appreciate your opinions!
Reply 195
I got an offer for 2 courses.

Internation business managment - 280 points

Business with marketing - 280 point

Does anyone know if they accept AS general studies? I know they used to, i found a thread on here from a couple of years ago and people said they accepted it.

It doesnt say wether it does or doesnt accept it?
Original post by wa'gwarn
I got an offer for 2 courses.

Internation business managment - 280 points

Business with marketing - 280 point

Does anyone know if they accept AS general studies? I know they used to, i found a thread on here from a couple of years ago and people said they accepted it.

It doesnt say wether it does or doesnt accept it?

Look at the conditions of your offer on Track - if it doesn't explicitly say 'excludes General Studies' then they accept it. :smile:
Reply 197
Original post by Liam6993
Look at the conditions of your offer on Track - if it doesn't explicitly say 'excludes General Studies' then they accept it. :smile:

It doesnt say it anyone on track on my offer.

Woo, i hope you are right! Dont want to get too excited, how sure are you?

If its true then i only need 220 ucas points from 3 a levels, good times!
Original post by wa'gwarn
It doesnt say it anyone on track on my offer.

Woo, i hope you are right! Dont want to get too excited, how sure are you?

If its true then i only need 220 ucas points from 3 a levels, good times!

I'm very sure. It's just as good an A-level as any unless they explicitly exclude it from your offer. :smile:
Reply 199
Original post by Liam6993
I'm very sure. It's just as good an A-level as any unless they explicitly exclude it from your offer. :smile:

Thanks!

Wow, that was some good news that I didnt expect. Good times! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending