The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Hey I went the other week to one by myself, but everyone else had their parents with them and they were allowed to stay for all the talks and go on all the tours ect
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 361
Original post by Lizzie9393
Hey I went the other week to one by myself, but everyone else had their parents with them and they were allowed to stay for all the talks and go on all the tours ect

Brill thanks :smile:
Reply 362
Original post by weirdwakkidolli
Sorry it's been so long! I've been offline for a while coz I went to Germany :smile:

On the 7th? Yeah :smile: I went to the Open Day in October, but didn't get to see all the accommodation and stuff. I didn't see those two, but I saw Castle Court, which from what I gather is a more upmarket version of Castle Leazes. I want to see St Mary's ideally - I'm looking at cost. As much as I'd love an ensuite, or to be near the campus, I can't turn down just £75 a week. And I've seen a few pictures and stuff and it looked nice, and the rooms looked quite large for student rooms haha

No worries! Yeah Im trying to keep my costs down for accomodation too, but I dont mind having a shared bathroom so hopefully it wont be too expensive :/
Original post by gonchanya
Yeah im not too keen on bournemouth either haha. although it seems lovely, i want to go up north too :P please let me know what the bournemouth open day is like though! anddd im starting in 2012 :smile: what about you? xx

Hey! Although I did really want to go up North, I really enjoyed Bournemouth! I think its one of the best versions of the course I want to do I've seen, although I havnt seen Newcastle yet, and have got Newcastle and Leicester visit days next week so will have a better idea then :smile: I'm starting in 2013! going on a gappz :smile: hows your application going? xxx
Original post by JSam1994
I was in the first, there was about 8 or 9 in the first group i think. She didnt seem too enthusiastic with us either :s-smilie: What did you look like? just so i have an idea of who you were haha! i know, i'm so worried about the grades :frown:

she said she only taught the history modules or something though so hopefully wouldn't have much contact with her! lol. Ermm, I can't even remember what I was wearing! haha, quite short, mediumish brown hair, think i had a purple coat and jeans on :s-smilie: haha. Me too :frown: it's Spanish that I'm seriously worried about getting a A/B in, think I'm going to get a tutor! Is your offer AAB too?
Original post by Targaryan
No worries! Yeah Im trying to keep my costs down for accomodation too, but I dont mind having a shared bathroom so hopefully it wont be too expensive :/

I've never really shared a bathroom with randoms before - when I was in Uni accommodation before it was ensuite. But I think I could cope - I share a bathroom in my house at the moment, the only difference being my housemates have been my best friends now for like 18 months so it doesn't really feel like a shared bathroom haha

But cost is definitely my main reason for putting my first choice down as St Mary's. Nice rooms, nice place, bit far out and shared bathroom, but all good in the long run I hope!
Original post by MathematicsKiller
The place is brilliant and the university is well respected. I visited a number of universities in the UK and my favourites were Bristol and Newcastle. But I'm choosing to go to Newcastle because the city itself is more favourable to me. The feeling and the people. I can't really explain it, it is just the overall feeling you get from being in a place.

I really like the place too =) The main issue for me is that it's soo far away from where I live! I think I just need to do a bit more uni research lol
Original post by PurpleJazzHands
I really like the place too =) The main issue for me is that it's soo far away from where I live! I think I just need to do a bit more uni research lol

That's a shame. I think that even though it would be further away, it is worth it. Unless, of course, you want to travel home very frequently.
Then again, the ideal university experience would be one of independence.
Is anyone still waiting to hear from the history and politics departments?
Officially my firm choice for speech and language sciences. Very excited :smile:
Set my firm to Business Accounting and Finance (BAF) with PwC. Still can't believe I got an offer! Anyone else get an offer? :smile:
Reply 371
Original post by JackSterne
Set my firm to Business Accounting and Finance (BAF) with PwC. Still can't believe I got an offer! Anyone else get an offer? :smile:

I firmed that course a couple of weeks back. Chosen Castle Court for accommodation too!
Original post by Choppyy
I firmed that course a couple of weeks back. Chosen Castle Court for accommodation too!

Castle Court? Aw dude you'll never get in! Everyone was all like "lmao nobody gets in there soz too few rooms lol" and everyone applies there... Although they are the nicest I'd say! I went for Central Link. :smile:
Just firmed for modern languages :biggrin: Ridiculously nervous I won't get the grades though, gunna have to work my butt off! haha, I applied for Windsor terrace accomodation :smile:
Reply 374
Original post by JackSterne
Castle Court? Aw dude you'll never get in! Everyone was all like "lmao nobody gets in there soz too few rooms lol" and everyone applies there... Although they are the nicest I'd say! I went for Central Link. :smile:

Yeah that's why I went for them, just really like the location as well. Hopefully I've applied early enough to at least be considered. Otherwise I think I put down Windsor/Central so we shall see!
Received my History and Politics offer AAB - so happy :smile:
Original post by MathematicsKiller
That's a shame. I think that even though it would be further away, it is worth it. Unless, of course, you want to travel home very frequently.
Then again, the ideal university experience would be one of independence.

It's not really just about family and friends being close by, I live in London and London is awesome =3 Although I think it's really important for anyone, no matter how independent, to have some kind of support.
Reply 377
Biology C100 offer, definitely my firm choice :biggrin:
Reply 378
Original post by micky_usa
Got an offer of AAB for Biology (cellular and molecular) :biggrin:

Doesn't seem to be too many people either applying for biology or getting offers though which is fairly odd :confused: anyone else doing bioloogy ??

Me!!!
Is newcastle going to be your firm?
Reply 379
Going to the open day on Wednesday, looking forward to actually seeing the uni!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending