The Student Room Group

English and Drama Applicants 2012

Where's everyone applying? Anyone got any offers? I thought us English and Drama applicants should have our own thread :smile:

I applied to:

Oxford - English Rejected
Leeds - English and Drama Conditional AAB
UEA - English and Drama Conditional AAB
Kent - English and Drama Conditional AAB
Warwick - English and Drama Conditional AAB
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So happy to get an audition at UEA, it's my first choice for English and Drama :h:
Hi! I'm also applying to Leeds and UEA for English and drama - I have an audition for UEA on November 30th :s-smilie:
I'm also applying to Cambridge for Education with English and Drama, Birmingham and Hull for English and Drama.
Reply 3
Original post by meganabanana
Hi! I'm also applying to Leeds and UEA for English and drama - I have an audition for UEA on November 30th :s-smilie:
I'm also applying to Cambridge for Education with English and Drama, Birmingham and Hull for English and Drama.

Hiya! I have my UEA audition on the 7th of December :smile: I also got offered that date but it's the day before my drama exam at school, so I put down the December one instead :smile: I looked around Birmingham and was impressed by the facilities and close proximity to the BBC but wasn't as inspired by the English talk as I was at other Universities :smile:
Original post by Joell3
Hiya! I have my UEA audition on the 7th of December :smile: I also got offered that date but it's the day before my drama exam at school, so I put down the December one instead :smile: I looked around Birmingham and was impressed by the facilities and close proximity to the BBC but wasn't as inspired by the English talk as I was at other Universities :smile:

That's interesting about Birmingham. I haven't looked round the unis yet, figured I would have a look when I go for interview. Is UEA your top choice over Oxford?
I really like the look of the UEA course but obviously Cambridge has the reputation! But obviously, have to try and get some offers first before I make any decisions!
Reply 5
That's interesting about Birmingham. I haven't looked round the unis yet, figured I would have a look when I go for interview. Is UEA your top choice over Oxford?
I really like the look of the UEA course but obviously Cambridge has the reputation! But obviously, have to try and get some offers first before I make any decisions!

If I got into Oxford I'd definately go there! I did absolutely love the course at UEA though... I think I'd be really happy either way :tongue:
I just got an AAB offer from Birmingham! :smile:
Reply 7
I just got an AAB offer from Birmingham! :smile:

Congratulations! :smile:
Reply 8
Bristol - interview 08/02/12
Leeds - interview 03/02/12
York - interview 01/02/12
Queen Mary, Uni of London - AAA/A*AB
Sussex - AAB/A*BB

I still haven't had the email from Sussex acknowledging my application, but I'm not complaining :wink:

I was going to apply to Warwick, but looked so difficult to get in!

My interview at Queen Mary went really well, at the end he said he would definitely recommend I be offered a place :smile:

Roll on interviews!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Just got an offer for Drama and English at Sussex!
Original post by icbilling
Just got an offer for Drama and English at Sussex!

Congratulations! I'm still waiting on Sussex. What date did UCAS receive your appliation/how long did Sussex take to get back to you?
Reply 11
Original post by gemnomnom
Congratulations! I'm still waiting on Sussex. What date did UCAS receive your appliation/how long did Sussex take to get back to you?

Thanks! It is the first and only place I have heard from so far.
I sent it about three weeks ago and they got back to me last thursday.. so it took two weeks.
I was surprised because I heard they wanted interviews. I'm more into the creative writing than straight english though so I don't know if it is my first but I think I got a place because Sussex are trying to bring in more creative writing.
What other places you looking at?
Im trying for Drama and English at Bristol
Scriptwriting and Performance UEA
Writing, Directing and Performance York
Creative Writing and Drama Royal Holloway
are you applying to any of these? good luck with Sussex!
Hi guys, just thought I'd give you a heads up on the UEA audition day. I went to mine on Wednesday. It was a really great experience, all of the current students were so enthusiastic about the course and the teachers seemed very good. In my audition we spoke a little bit about my personal statement and then spent about 20 minutes on the piece in which my interviewer redirected me. They got back to me the very next day to let me know I got an AAB offer! Very pleased!! I was impressed they got back to me so quickly!! Good luck to everyone else applying there!
Reply 13
Hi guys, just thought I'd give you a heads up on the UEA audition day. I went to mine on Wednesday. It was a really great experience, all of the current students were so enthusiastic about the course and the teachers seemed very good. In my audition we spoke a little bit about my personal statement and then spent about 20 minutes on the piece in which my interviewer redirected me. They got back to me the very next day to let me know I got an AAB offer! Very pleased!! I was impressed they got back to me so quickly!! Good luck to everyone else applying there!

Sounds good! I went to visit and they told me a little bit about the interview. They haven't given me a date yet but they said there is a seperate interview date for deffered entry candidates. What sort of pieces did you get to choose from? All Shakespeare right?
Sounds good! I went to visit and they told me a little bit about the interview. They haven't given me a date yet but they said there is a seperate interview date for deffered entry candidates. What sort of pieces did you get to choose from? All Shakespeare right?

Yes they were all Shakespeare, I did a monologue from Viola in Twelfth Night. There was also one from A Winters Tale, Macbeth, As You Like it and some others but I can't remember.
Reply 15
Yes they were all Shakespeare, I did a monologue from Viola in Twelfth Night. There was also one from A Winters Tale, Macbeth, As You Like it and some others but I can't remember.

Thats the one I want to do! Haha :smile: Thanks for the info
Reply 16

Congratulations on your offer! Were there any specific question they asked you? :smile:
Thats the one I want to do! Haha :smile: Thanks for the info

No problem. Good luck!
Original post by Joell3
Congratulations on your offer! Were there any specific question they asked you? :smile:

Thank you! I was very pleased! No, my interviewer kept it fairly broad. Although he did say his first question would be "what would be a good question to ask someone who was applying for drama?" So maybe have an answer prepared for that! He never asked me it though, I think he forgot! lol!
He asked a bit about my personal statement, but mainly about what things I enjoyed and found interesting rather than knowledge based questions.
Good luck!
Reply 19
Thank you! I was very pleased! No, my interviewer kept it fairly broad. Although he did say his first question would be "what would be a good question to ask someone who was applying for drama?" So maybe have an answer prepared for that! He never asked me it though, I think he forgot! lol!
He asked a bit about my personal statement, but mainly about what things I enjoyed and found interesting rather than knowledge based questions.
Good luck!

Ahhh that's good to hear! I'm very nervous! I was just wondering what sort of things people wore? Were people mostly smart? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending