The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen Applicants 2012

There didn't seem to be a thread for applicants to the University of Aberdeen yet, so I thought I would make one so we could all discuss our application!!

What course are you applying for?
What Grades do you need?
What Grades do you have?
Did you attend the open day?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What course are you applying for? Sports and Exercise Science
What Grades do you need? BBB(however, I'm from Lithuania, another marking system here)
What Grades do you have? 9.1 average Year 11, 9.3 predicted Year 12
Did you attend the open day? No.

I passed IELTS with band 6, I needed 0.5 in any sub band to get 6.5 that guarantees no problems.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
What course are you applying for? Law
What Grades do you need? AABB
What Grades do you have? AABBB :smile:
Did you attend the open day? Nopees but im hoping for a post-application day to! (yn)

aberdeen's most likely my first choice! :biggrin:
Reply 3
What course are you applying for? Business studies/Management
What Grades do you need? Im not from UK, so the system here is different .
What Grades do you have? My grades are higher than what they ask anyway :P
Did you attend the open day? Nope
Reply 4
Original post by Emelynaki
What course are you applying for? Business studies/Management
What Grades do you need? Im not from UK, so the system here is different .
What Grades do you have? My grades are higher than what they ask anyway :P
Did you attend the open day? Nope

Hey, I'm applying for management too!!!! We might end up being on the same course!!
Reply 5
Hope i still apply to this thread as im applying to Robert Gordon Uni in Aberdeen. :smile:

What course are you applying for? Media
What Grades do you need? BBCC
What Grades do you have? BBBCC its close i know but i hope i get a conditional please!! (:adore: (studying media this year at higher)

Did you attend the open day? I went to both Aberdeen and RGU open day, both look great but Aberdeen dont do media courses apart from film and visual culture :frown:

Anyone else going to RGU?? (hopefully) :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Original post by CS_14
Hope i still apply to this thread as im applying to Robert Gordon Uni in Aberdeen. :smile:

What Grades do you have? BBBCC its close i know but i hope i get a conditional please!! (:adore: (studying media this year at higher)

Did you attend the open day? I went to both Aberdeen and RGU open day, both look great but Aberdeen dont do media courses apart from film and visual culture :frown:

I went to the RGU open day too, I thought it was a great uni!!! I went to the business school and was really impressed!!! I'm applying there too! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Alt__x
Hey, I'm applying for management too!!!! We might end up being on the same course!!

That would be really great although I bet I'm a bit older than you :tongue:

Btw, do you know which is better for business? Aberdeen or RGU?
Reply 8
That would be really great although I bet I'm a bit older than you :tongue:

Btw, do you know which is better for business? Aberdeen or RGU?

I'm not really sure, I mean in general Aberdeen does have a much better reputation. It's an old university, and is very well respected by employers.

On the other hand, the business course at RGU is fantastic, and offers a whole year of work experience, which can be extremely beneficial.

In conclusion, I'm going to sit on the fence and say both are great for business!
Reply 9
Original post by Alt__x
I'm not really sure, I mean in general Aberdeen does have a much better reputation. It's an old university, and is very well respected by employers.

On the other hand, the business course at RGU is fantastic, and offers a whole year of work experience, which can be extremely beneficial.

In conclusion, I'm going to sit on the fence and say both are great for business!

But I only have one spot left in my application for Aberdeen unis and I was thinking to apply in Aberdeen... now I'm not sure! RGU seems pretty good too :smile:

Which are your other choices btw?
Reply 10
But I only have one spot left in my application for Aberdeen unis and I was thinking to apply in Aberdeen... now I'm not sure! RGU seems pretty good too :smile:

Which are your other choices btw?

Well I would pick Aberdeen over RGU, just because of the reputation of Aberdeen. It looks good to employers over the UK, and internationally too, whereas the reputation of RGU is a lot more local.

I am also applying to Dundee, Stirling and Edinburgh.

Where else are you applying?
Reply 11
Im also applying to Strathclyde, Glasgow, Heriot Watt and Edinburgh Napier(I dont really want to go there but I was advised to put it as a back up and last option).

My top options are Strathy and Heriot Watt :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by CS_14

i'm applying there too!, but i think i'll probs pick aberdeen over rgu basically cause of reputation! but its a very strong backup! :smile:
Reply 13
What Grades do you need? ABBBB
What Grades do you have? AAAAB
Did you attend the open day? Yep, and loved every second of it!

Safe to say that Aberdeen is probably my first choice! :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by madmancg
What Grades do you need? ABBBB
What Grades do you have? AAAAB
Did you attend the open day? Yep, and loved every second of it!

Safe to say that Aberdeen is probably my first choice! :biggrin:

we might be future class mates! :biggrin:
Reply 15
hey guys sorry maybe it is off topic but can you tell me is shipping of prospectus free in EU?
Reply 16
Original post by missMegi
hey guys sorry maybe it is off topic but can you tell me is shipping of prospectus free in EU?

it was free for me but i live in glasgow! haa, im sure it will tell you on the website if there was any charge :smile:
Reply 17
What course are you applying for? Forensic & Analytical Science (at RGU)
What Grades do you need? GCE A Level: CCC
What Grades do you have? German Abitur (next Year, between 2,5-2,7)
Did you attend the open day? Going on Nov. 5th

So nervous yet. When do the Universitys answer? Will they wait til after 15th January or will they answer earlier if you have sent your application yet?
Original post by Alt__x
Well I would pick Aberdeen over RGU, just because of the reputation of Aberdeen. It looks good to employers over the UK, and internationally too, whereas the reputation of RGU is a lot more local.

That's ridiculous advice. :lolwut:

Go wherever your heart guides you.
Reply 19
What course are you applying for? Psychology (MA)
What Grades do you need? BBBB
What Grades do you have? ABBB
Did you attend the open day? Yes! I really loved the buildings, though if I'm honest the head of psychology appeared to be attempting to put people off the course and she didn't seem that enthusiastic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending