The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot-Watt applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grazie
I do have an offer, but the event is described as Applicant Visit, so I dunno...

I'm sure it won't be too much longer before they start making most of the decisions, as they'll want to give everyone the opportunity to visit. BTW, my offer was for maths.

I have a feeling.

My decision will be imminent. Some time in the next week.

Hope so anyway.
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Reply 181
I have an unconditional for Economics and Accounting. I recieved an email about the applicant day but it doesn't mention when it is, do we find this out by filling in the booking form?
Original post by jmg94
I have an unconditional for Economics and Accounting. I recieved an email about the applicant day but it doesn't mention when it is, do we find this out by filling in the booking form?

Yeah. You need to fill in your details before it offers you dates.
Reply 183
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Yeah. You need to fill in your details before it offers you dates.

Thanks
Reply 184
Original post by jmg94

How did you get an unconditional? Really good predictions or something? I am an i.B student by the way, could you sort it out for me? Thanks
Nothing to do with predictions, it's on last year's grades
Reply 186
Nothing to do with predictions, it's on last year's grades

So you can actually have a secure position on a university just because of first years grades? Sounds unrealistic
Has anyone heard from Architecture? :smile:
Original post by Kost_119
So you can actually have a secure position on a university just because of first years grades? Sounds unrealistic

It's because Scottish courses are four years, so they're easier to get into(1st year at uni in Scotland = Last year of sixth form in England.)
Reply 189
It's because Scottish courses are four years, so they're easier to get into(1st year at uni in Scotland = Last year of sixth form in England.)

So that means that the first year at uni is piece of cake? :tongue:
Got an offer last week for computing science:smile:
Need a B in Advanced Higher Maths and another B in any subject:biggrin:
Waiting on a reply from Edinburgh before I make my decision^^

Anyone else doing computing science?
Also wondering if any girls doing this too, dont know any other girls from my year who want to do this and dont want to be alone:s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Conditional for Actuarial Science.

Need a B in AH Maths.

Confident but I really wanted an unconditional.
Unconditional for Economics & Marketing. Wooooo :wink:
Reply 193
Offers:
Financial Mathematics - B in AH maths and A in a Higher
MSAS - B in AH maths and B in a Higher

3/5 replys. Now to just wait on Edinburgh and Glasgow...
Reply 194
Anyone doing I.B has got an offer from Heriot-Watt for Economics (L100) ??

Thanks!
Architecture? no-one?
Reply 196
Original post by marie antoinette
Architecture? no-one?

I had a friend last year who was accepted for Architecture at Dundee
Says its great but the clubs in the town are closing very early and generally its a really quiet city.
Reply 197
Original post by awoogaaa
Anyone still waiting on an acknowledgement? I sent UCAS at least two weeks ago and still haven't heard anything from heriot-watt yet.

I have the same problem, I sent my application ten days ago and still haven't heard anything from choices (included heriot-watt). :frown:
Reply 198
Received an offer for maths: need an A in AH maths and Bs in higher physics and computing. I wish I wasn't such a lazy boy last year now. :tongue:

Still, since it was likely to be my first choice and it's not at all conditional on the soul-sucking demon that is known in the human real as Advanced Higher English, I might have to bail on that.
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm an welsh/english student. I applied for L100 economics at HW in nov and got my offer a few days later.
My offer is BBB and my offer for level 2 is ABB.

I have decided on entering at level 1 just because I like the idea of four years at Uni, but wondered what others were doing?
Who's entering at level 1 and who at level 2 and why?

Quick Reply

Latest