The Student Room Group

Dentistry Interviews 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Ayshizzle
Yeah it's got a nice community feel, we have our own bar in the dental school and regular socials on a Friday night!

I went via grad entry so my questions were probably a bit different to what yours will be!

The advice I give to everyone is to be as honest as possible, and don't rehearse your answers too much as it's very obvious to the interviewers when you're being fake. Also, giving them answers that are close to the truth means you're not as likely to forget them- under a stressful situation very little comes out exactly how you want it to, and if you've completely made something up or have embellished a lot it's much more difficult to relay this than something that's not very true!

Also, try and lead the interview as best you can- the interviews here are very friendly and can become quite conversational, so if you keep dropping things in you want to talk about they're quite likely to take your lead and ask you about it. The longer you spend talking about things you want to, the less time they have to ask you difficult questions :smile:. At the same time, be careful what you say; don't mention something that sounds interesting but you don't know much about- if they question you further on it it might trip you up (I monumentally put my foot in my mouth with this one- easy mistake to make!)

Apart from that- do a bit of reading on current problems in dentistry -enough you can talk about if they ask you about it. The interviews are quite PS- focused so be prepared to talk about that. Oh, and mention our dentsoc in your Why Newcastle answer, we're rather proud of it :wink:

I have heard that about the dentsoc place but I will be sure to mention it. - Thanks for you advice that's a great help! Well, fingers crossed! - Good luck with the rest of your course!
Reply 301
Anyone has a Birmingham interview tomorrow? :smile:
Reply 302
ME!!
Original post by karo16
Anyone has a Birmingham interview tomorrow? :smile:

Mee :smile: I'm starting to feel very nervous !

A general question : Are you meant to ask questions at the end of the dental interviews in general. I dnt really have much to ask :/
Original post by katec13
I have heard that about the dentsoc place but I will be sure to mention it. - Thanks for you advice that's a great help! Well, fingers crossed! - Good luck with the rest of your course!

Thanks, good luck with the interview! Hope to see you next year :smile:
Reply 305
Original post by amar24
Hiii
When do liverpool start giving offers... pretending that my interview went well..:P :smile:

I got my offer Christmas eve BUT most offers given out last year on 31st march as well as rejections! Good luck
Interview at KCL!!!!!!
Original post by Patchey1000
Interview at KCL!!!!!!

Well done!! Was it updated on their application tracker? might have a look

:O me tooooooo :biggrin: got an interview!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by marijuana

Yeah no email just logged in saw it
Reply 309
Interview at KCL!!!!!!

Well done guys!
Interview at KCL!!!!!!

congrats mate

wtf why the neg rep!!!
(edited 12 years ago)

Awesome!
Reply 312
I GOT AN INTERVIEW AT DUNDEE!! GOT THE EMAIL 10 MINUTES AGO! OOMG! :d GUYS CHECK UR MAIL!!!
Reply 313
Original post by pb101
I GOT AN INTERVIEW AT DUNDEE!! GOT THE EMAIL 10 MINUTES AGO! OOMG! :d GUYS CHECK UR MAIL!!!

OMG ! Was it given through the portal ?
Reply 314
Original post by SRK.
OMG ! Was it given through the portal ?

yes but u get an email too! they seem so strict.. 10 mini interviews :frown:
Reply 315
Original post by pb101
yes but u get an email too! they seem so strict.. 10 mini interviews :frown:

dont worry I'm sure it wont be too bad ! Congrats :biggrin: is this your first interview - ( so far:wink:) ?

forgot to ask the most important qu. When is it !?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 316
Original post by SRK.
dont worry I'm sure it wont be too bad ! Congrats :biggrin: is this your first interview - ( so far:wink:) ?

forgot to ask the most important qu. When is it !

im a reapplicant just so you know :smile:

ive got a newcastle iv in a few days

dont know the date for the dundee one because i have to book it yet
thanks and goodluck to you, have you heard from anywhere yet? xx
Reply 317
Original post by pb101
im a reapplicant just so you know :smile:

ive got a newcastle iv in a few days

dont know the date for the dundee one because i have to book it yet
thanks and goodluck to you, have you heard from anywhere yet? xx

yeh I seem to remember from previous posts.

thanks but Still waiting for interviews :redface:
Reply 318
Original post by ali_92
I have an interview at Newcastle

what date is it?
Original post by barzy_j
Dundee applicant here, have you heard anything?

Got a confirmation e-mail the other week.. thats about it wbu? btw are u from england or from scotland/ireland

Quick Reply

Latest