The Student Room Group

Dentistry Interviews 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JattSingh
when was your interview mate? academics?

Interview was 30th of November
UKCAT 710
AS - A A A A
Predicted A* A* A A
GCSEs A* A* A* A* A* A* A A A A
Original post by braithwaite888
Interview was 30th of November
UKCAT 710
AS - A A A A
Predicted A* A* A A
GCSEs A* A* A* A* A* A* A A A A

awesome ukcat score !
Original post by EmmaW94

Original post by EmmaW94
Has anyone heard anything from Sheffield yet or are they waiting until jan/feb to give out interviews?

I emailed them, they said they'll give notices mid jan
Reply 983
Original post by kathrose33
ah no when did they tell you that?? at an interview? :frown:

Yeah I was told by 5th year students giving the interviewees a tour of the uni at the interview. Sorry to have to break the news... :frown: good luck anyways
Reply 984
Original post by braithwaite888
Yeah i got an offer about 2 hours ago :smile: conditional AAA

Hey, where did you get your intervieww also what sort of things did they ask! im a gap year student reapplying for dentistry as i didnt gt ny interviews the first time! n ive just got an interview bham!! so this is my first inteview and i have no idea what to expect!!!!
Just accepted the interview at Kings, mine is Jan 30 at 12pm~ anyone on the same day as me?

So excited! preparing now~~
Original post by Mintforest

Original post by Mintforest
Just accepted the interview at Kings, mine is Jan 30 at 12pm~ anyone on the same day as me?

So excited! preparing now~~

You must be from SEA too! Same day :smile:
And I just had my Cardiff interview!
Reply 987
is it a video and interview at BARTS.......OR A DIFFERENT FORMAT....THANKS
Reply 988
Also, ppl who got cardiff interviews.....pls what were your stats.....thx
Original post by open wide
Also, ppl who got cardiff interviews.....pls what were your stats.....thx

Look on the wiki
Reply 990
Original post by Kartace
They interview about 1 in 5 applicants, 1 in 3 of those will get offers. Statistically they interview less than most. At the open day the admissions tutor said that if you get an interview you'd have to do quite poorly not to get an offer.

oh right I didnt know that :smile: I was just assuming from how many sessions per day and how many interview days there were last year when I went for an interview. And also from my school out of 13 people that applied 13 got interviews! dont really know about the stats! :smile:
Original post by delarosa
Hey, where did you get your intervieww also what sort of things did they ask! im a gap year student reapplying for dentistry as i didnt gt ny interviews the first time! n ive just got an interview bham!! so this is my first inteview and i have no idea what to expect!!!!

What were your A-level grades
Original post by LiveLifeFit

Original post by LiveLifeFit
You must be from SEA too! Same day :smile:
And I just had my Cardiff interview!

how was your interview at Cardiff? challenging?
Reply 993
Original post by EmmaW94
AHHHH CONDITIONAL FROM LIVERPOOLL!!! AAA
even though they said ide have to wait till March to find out!!!! SOOO happpy :biggrin:

Ah well done

What were your stats like?
Original post by gepdent2013
I thought Cardiff weren't interviewing until February?

I think she ment she's just got an interview invite
Reply 995
has anyone received rejections for liverpool, newcastle or leeds?
Reply 996
Original post by open wide
is it a video and interview at BARTS.......OR A DIFFERENT FORMAT....THANKS

There is a video that last about 5 minutes and your allowed to make notes, then they take you down and you have an interview. The first part of the interview is about the video then its just a normal interview. I would advise against takin notes though, you might miss some important details while writing, i personally chose not to make notes however the rest of the applicants did :tongue: Mabye i'm just rubbish at multitasking.
week commencing 2nd jan...nerve-racking week!! xx
ps well done to all thos with cardiff interviews!
Sooo scared for 2nd Jan (well, the whole week) I'm in Aus so it's going to cost me so much to check my emails on my phone so do you think Leeds will send us emails or letters?? :biggrin: *crosses fingers and toes* <--- I sure loooooved Leeds:smile:
Also, is there anyone here who has not applied to Leeds??
Reply 999
HI, thanks for the format for barts kartace......

Quick Reply

Latest