The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway 2012 entry applicants

I noticed there's an offer's thread for RH, but after a few weeks of waiting for a Royal Holloway 2012 Applicants thread to spring up, I thought I may as well do it myself!

So...

Ancient History: littlehedgehog (interview)
Biology: RyAnMcK (interview), jpeacock7 (interview), emmaarr (molecular)(interview), Ohlavelle (offer), hornlemo (interview) Chuck1993 (interview)
Biology with Psychology: mid112358 (unconditional)
Biomedical Sciences: Luckyk (offer), Evie94 (UCAS day)
Classics: Wilsherefanx, ndx (interview)
Comparative Literature and Philosophy: chavalis
Computer Science: exam2k10
Creative Writing and Drama: icbilling
Criminology and Sociology: sam_11 (offer)
Drama and Creative Writing: icbilling
Economics and Mathetics: neverloggedin (offer)
English: Visions-of-Johanna (offer), Obsidian (offer), Daniel, (offer), musik+junkie (offer), librarian_chick (offer), LeSacMagique (offer), LDJK (offer)
English and Drama: olivia_28 (offer)
English and French: KatieSinclair (offer), Zu! (offer)
English literature and Classics: The_Super_Nerd(: (offer), tigerlilygem (offer)
English Literature and Philosophy: Oh Hi (offer)
European Studies and French: RebeccaRat (offer)
Financial and Business Economics: Naomi (offer), CCKD (offer)
French and Spanish: Stormageddon (offer)
Geography: sadsnail (offer) student1234567891 (offer), Helpful_Charlie, JulietAlphaGolf, g33 (offer)
Geology: mkirke (offer)
German: Tara09 (offer)
History: bron-winnie (offer), Niki-girl (offer), NapoleonDynamite (offer), Ladyliesel (offer), HopefulHistorian (offer), Katherinejd
(Modern) History and Politics: 05emunt (offer), Vek (offer)
Maths: fsmith32 (interview), banu (interview)
Maths with philosophy: unity93 (offer)
Management with HR: swbp (offer)
Management with marketing: EternalSpotlight (offer)
Management with International Business: Annie-Bananie
Media Arts: metric, knbdxb13794 (offer)
Politics: ohohnicolio (offer)
Politics with French: Magikus
Politics & IR: alex3218
PPE: HyperInSugar
Physics: AppleSauceTrauma (interview), jhtachyons (interview)
Psychology: Mmrawrr (offer), DeelyBopper (offer), BexyBear, DriBblz, Soule (offer), lanaD (offer), f.chowdhury (offer), Debrawr (offer)
Spanish with German: Loeszie. (offer)

anyone else? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Applying for media arts :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by metric
Applying for media arts :smile:

Awesome! Have you been on an open day?
Reply 3
Original post by bron-winnie
Awesome! Have you been on an open day?

yeah went back in june/july whenever it was an loved it!

have you?
Reply 4
Want to do Computer Science at Royal Holloway, if I don't get offers from City & KCL. :biggrin:

BTW, is that beautiful ancient building the campus or the accommodation????
Reply 5
Original post by metric
yeah went back in june/july whenever it was an loved it!

have you?

Me too, loved it as well... so beautiful!

Original post by exam2k10
Want to do Computer Science at Royal Holloway, if I don't get offers from City & KCL. :biggrin:

Both I think- It's the Founder's building, I know there is definitely accomodation in there, but I think there's some Admin and a dining hall in there as well!
Reply 6

It's accommodation for about 400 students, and there's also a library, a lecture theatre, and, as the above poster said, a dining hall. :biggrin:
Reply 7

Also not very ancient, late victorian in fact. Based on what Thomas Holloway thought a french chatauex should look like. He was a tad eccentric. Very beautiful though, it also has a bar in it that does amazing wedges. :biggrin:

Also I'm in the odd position of being both student and applicant as I'm applying for the Medieval Studies MA.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by LizB
Also not very ancient, late victorian in fact. Based on what Thomas Holloway thought a french chatauex should look like. He was a tad eccentric. Very beautiful though, it also has a bar in it that does amazing wedges. :biggrin:

Also I'm in the odd position of being both student and applicant as I'm applying for the Medieval Studies MA.

Its actually based on the Chateau de Chambord in the Loire Valley and looks pretty similar in places. And if we're being anal then its what William Crossland (the architect) thought a french chateau should look like and not thomas holloway :-)
Reply 9
I am applying for geography ba :smile: x
Reply 10
I'm applying for Psychology :smile:
Reply 11
I'm applying for Biology :smile:
English Lit. applicant here! :-)
Has anyone got notification yet?
I've got acknowledgements from all my other 4 choices but so far there's not been a peep from RHUL!
Original post by LizB

Well so far I've seen the words 'Victorian', 'chatauex', 'eccentric', 'beautiful' and 'amazing wedges' - you have sold it to me 5 times over within 4 sentences. :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by dmoorcroft
Its actually based on the Chateau de Chambord in the Loire Valley and looks pretty similar in places. And if we're being anal then its what William Crossland (the architect) thought a french chateau should look like and not thomas holloway :-)

Haha true though Holloway did have overall say surely, also you can't deny the man was a bit out there. What with the decision to have a picture collection when the building was already mostly done. Caused quite a stir in the art world by buying paintings at auction rather than from the artists studios.
Reply 15
Original post by Visions-of-Johanna
English Lit. applicant here! :-)
Has anyone got notification yet?
I've got acknowledgements from all my other 4 choices but so far there's not been a peep from RHUL!

As a rule of thumb, RHUL doesn't acknowledge applicants, so you've got nothing to worry about. :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by LizB

Oh my goodness, those wedges...They're heavenly.

Plus, pro. tip to EVERYONE: ask them to make you a hot chocolate and add a shot of Bailey's. It's only £2.30, and with a plate of wedges creates a meal fit for kings!
Reply 17
Original post by LizB

Can I ask what you thought of the history course? I'm guessing you rather liked it as you're applying for an MA there? :biggrin:
Reply 18
Royal Holloway just gave me an offer! :biggrin:
Original post by llacerta
As a rule of thumb, RHUL doesn't acknowledge applicants, so you've got nothing to worry about. :biggrin:

Ahh! That's brill. Thank you! :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending