The Student Room Group

How accurate are predicted grades?

Today I was issued with my predicted grades and my exams are in 11 days. I must admit my predicted grades are terrible:

English A1 HL - 4
French B HL - 3
Geography HL - 3
Environmental Systems SL - 4
Math Studies SL - 3
Visual Arts SL - 4

TOK - B
EE - C
Total: 21 points out of 45

I completely bombed in all my internal assessments too :frown:

I was wondering if there was still hope of me obtaining my diploma, I would love to get 28 points.
Reply 1
Predicted grades are only predicted, don't give into thinking that you will fail with your predicted grades- Then you really will!!! Make up your time by revising HARD with the eleven days you have left. No slacking off! This is the only way to pass. Ask your teachers for extra help and sort out some time management for your revision. Pay particular attention to your HL as universities seem to pay most attention to them more so than the SL. Although, congratulations on your EE and ToK! C and B are not bad!
They are as accurate as you make them. If you want them to reflect your ability then put in the same amount of work. If you want to do better then work harder

I reckon you could push up your studies, but you try putting in more effort because hard work beats talent if talent doesn't work hard.

I'm not sure if what i just said made sense but good luck :smile:
How accurate are predicted grades?

100% depends on the teacher and their methods, hence they are a largely unfair and easily corrupted system... But they're all we have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending