The Student Room Group

Uni choices

i am picking what universiteis to apply for and I feel like I don't have enough safety. my predicted is A*AA and I have applied to three A*AA one AAA and one AAB. my teachers say I need another safety but I have picked the unis I think are best for me. should I worry or will I be fine (my personal statement is pretty average, nothing wrong but nothing special).
Nobody can tell how accurate your predictions are. Most students dont reach theirs. The question of what grade universities depends on how certain you are of reaching your grades. Discuss this with your teachers as they know you better.
Reply 2
This depends if your teachers mean you need to go down even lower, or just pick another AAB. If they want you to go lower, begs the questions why they are predicting you A*AA. I suspect they just mean pick another AAB choice, in case the one you've picked doesn't give you an offer. In which case it's more about how strong your application is (GCSEs, personal statement) and how selective that AAB uni is.
Original post by roh73
i am picking what universiteis to apply for and I feel like I don't have enough safety. my predicted is A*AA and I have applied to three A*AA one AAA and one AAB. my teachers say I need another safety but I have picked the unis I think are best for me. should I worry or will I be fine (my personal statement is pretty average, nothing wrong but nothing special).

A “safe” choice that you wouldn’t want to attend is a wasted choice. If your choices are all universities that you would be happy with (and you’re fine to have clearing and a gap year as a backup option if you don’t get the grades or offers you hope for) then they’re the right choices.

If your school are being unreasonably over-controlling then change one of your choices for now to somewhere they approve of and then substitute it back as soon as your application is processed by UCAS when they can’t stop you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending