The Student Room Group

How much does it cost to get your nails done (on average)?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nicobrad123
YER that's what I thought as don't want to charge to much , in some case I'd go to £30 depending on what is used

I get my nails done very often, but have moved away from acrylics and more to gel/shellac.

Take into account any local competition though. I'm loyal to the nail parlour I visit, however when a new salon opened up close by, they offered cheaper prices and had a student discount etc, which is helping them to build a customer base. So consider doing something along those lines to start getting customers through the door?
Original post by sleepinglions
I get my nails done very often, but have moved away from acrylics and more to gel/shellac.

Take into account any local competition though. I'm loyal to the nail parlour I visit, however when a new salon opened up close by, they offered cheaper prices and had a student discount etc, which is helping them to build a customer base. So consider doing something along those lines to start getting customers through the door?

Thanks yer I was thinking about that 😊
Original post by sleepinglions

Yer I was thinking of things along them lines ,
I'm doing my market research at the min and all the help I've got so far is so appreciated 😊
Reply 43
I've just checked and you're only a six hour drive away. Maybe it could be worth the trip. I could get there and back in a day :wink:
Reply 44
Original post by chocolate buttons
I'm thinking about going to get some acrylic nails put on. I have very short nails due to biting them all the time and they look really unattractive and grubby. I've never got them done before. I want the short ones so I can get used to them. I was also wondering if getting them painted would add to the cost? Thanks xx

I used to bite my nails really badly and I did consider acrylic nails but found out that they can weaken your nails alot and almost make the problem worse.
What I went for instead was to have Calgel nail polish put on as this means that your nails can still grow underneath but the nail polish makes the nail harder to bite. I saw the difference almost immediately and since having them done once a month for at least a year, my nails are much longer and are looking alot more healthy.
So instead of acrylic, I would suggest gel nail polish.
It cost me £15 each time I went.
Good luck with nails!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy182
I've just checked and you're only a six hour drive away. Maybe it could be worth the trip. I could get there and back in a day :wink:

Only if u r happy with the drive and I'll have t let u no when I get sorted as well still need a few bits n bobs in x
Reply 46
Original post by Nicobrad123
Only if u r happy with the drive and I'll have t let u no when I get sorted as well still need a few bits n bobs in x

Do you think that you might offer other services like waxing, eyebrow shaping, semi-permanent make-up etc?

If I'm going to make a six hour drive (x2), I want to get as much as possible done.
Original post by Andy182
Do you think that you might offer other services like waxing, eyebrow shaping, semi-permanent make-up etc?

If I'm going to make a six hour drive (x2), I want to get as much as possible done.

Well I've got a course for eyebrow on Sunday so after that I'd be able t offer eyebrows (tinting, waxing , threading , plucking)
Reply 48
where is this place
Reply 49
i;ll try to find somewhere local to me.
I also bite my nails and got them done before depending how they do it (tape cones or extension like things) it can be difficult. But I loved the experience and am wanting to get them done again.
Is the price any different with children ?
Reply 52
it also depends on the quality of the salon you go too.. you can find cheap manicures in london for 15 pounds. go on groupon and discount websites as they usually have offers on manicures
Reply 53
Sometimes I make my mani for free. As a model during the master-classes. Last time she chose the corral design, red merged with silver, like here https://naildesignsjournal.com/summer-nails-colors/.
(edited 5 years ago)
i pay around £250 on average
How much are the French manicure
Reply 56
I normally pay about £25 for a French manicure.
Reply 57
średnio kosztuje około 25-30 funty
=)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 59
If I want to get plain nails how much would you say it costs

Quick Reply

Latest