The Student Room Group

Embarrassing things in every day life

Scroll to see replies

This happened to me today, full body aswell. :facepalm2:

Luckily it was already raining so I was already wet, and it was dark so hopefully noone saw. :ninja:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by CB91

Luckily it was already raining so I was already wet, and it was dark so hopefully noone saw. :ninja:

That's against the law :tongue:
Original post by Spoonforknife
That's against the law :tongue:

I dont think they did it on purpose, it was quite a narrow bit of road. I shouldnt have been daydreaming next to a giant puddle though. :facepalm2:
Original post by CB91
I dont think they did it on purpose, it was quite a narrow bit of road. I shouldnt have been daydreaming next to a giant puddle though. :facepalm2:

It's still against the law. Should've got their number plate. :tongue:
My long hair sometimes gets caught in clothes hangers at the shops . So embarrassing getting stuck and untangling myself from the hangers =(
Reply 585
I was paired up with my best friend using the sewing machines in textiles aged 13. The teacher had told us to tie our hair back, but I didn't want to. I leant forward while my friend was using the sewing machine and my long hair got caught up in a part of the sewing machine. My friend hadn't noticed so kept pressing the pedal until it had wrapped my hair up so tightly my head was touching the machine. Instead of just helping me out, the teacher called the whole class round to our sewing machine, pointed at me, and said 'this is why you must tie your hair back'. Everyone laughed, and I was just stuck there facing them all going redder and redder. THE SHAME.
Reply 586
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
Me too! I see people coolly standing without holding the rail and I've tried doing that before and I end up just falling into people.

Exactly! I always try to walk to the front really coolly and then the bus suddenly brakes and I get thrown into someone :tongue:
Reply 587
Original post by CB91

Why is it embarrassing if that happens to you? Annoying, yes. Don't see why you'd be embarrassed though :confused:
Reply 588
Original post by ily_em
Why is it embarrassing if that happens to you? Annoying, yes. Don't see why you'd be embarrassed though :confused:

if they did what i did and chased after the car..
Reply 589
Getting up for an award at a school assembly when they announce your name only to realise that the award isnt for you but for someone who has the same name as you !!
About a year back

Breaking heel on my sandals and strutting around like that a whole day on campus.

More recently

Having some blood from my period go on my white churridar

Not realising my skirt was collecting all sorts of grime from the ground on campus.

Rear ending my professor's vehicle on the road

Life long

Tripping from time to time and being rather clumsy.

Fools finding it funny to put gum in my hair. Actually that happens to all girls with really long hair
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 591
In a long line at subway, buy 2 footlongs and attempt to pay by card and then remembering i had no money in my bank but rather in the savings account and i had to tell the guy "sorry, can you keep it in the warm for 5 minutes whilst my sister comes with the money" and everyone in the queue looking at me... I WENT SO RED :/
Original post by CB91

Its happens to me sometimes but I do that as well when I get the occasion:biggrin:
Reply 593
Original post by eyre2
When ever something embarrassing happens to me, i always say to myself(after the humiliation) one day im going to look back and laugh...so this thread is just for that-laughing at your/and others embarrassing moments

Embarrassing things that happend to me :

* slipping on icy snow when i'm by my self, in front of strangers, then getting back up acting like nothing happend

* dropping ketchup at the front of my skirt in school, running to the toilet to wipe it of...then when getting to the toilet realising why all the teachers and the guys were giving me weird looks:colondollar:

* dad not really paying attention in parents evening...then teacher asking does she always talk alot at home, then he replies "oh yeah yeah"

* we had a supply teacher, and in my class no one was really paying attention, so eveyone is shouting so they could hear their own voice, my friend was telling me about how her dad was helping her lil sister at home make tiny animals then i said "your dad is soo cute" not realising that the head tecaher was in and the class was dead silent:colondollar: everyone looked and a few girls said ooooh.

sooo embarrasseing. :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:

i'll add more if other embarrassing things happen (and i know it will!)

tell me your embarrassing stories...

This is really tame stuff. I don't remember the really embarrassing things that happened to me, because I was too drunk at the time.

However, apparently: I fell flat on my back in front of a queue of people because I could no longer walk. Broke a cubicle having sex with a woman 10 years older (a friend came looking for me and was nearly flattened by the door falling off) dropped food all over the floor outside the warden's office in halls, then tried to pick it up, a grain of rice at a time whilst the people I'd brought over to party started kicking a football against said warden's door... then there was the time I got drunk at a gig and did a "Wedding Singer", telling a disgruntled patron that I had the microphone and he didn't, so he could listen to every word I had to say. Oh, and not so much embarrassing for me as the girl - a girl I was kinda seeing watched me kissing another girl while she was sat on her boyfriend's lap. Luckily, the boyfriend was looking the other way talking to someone.
Reply 594
Original post by Claire-H
I was paired up with my best friend using the sewing machines in textiles aged 13. The teacher had told us to tie our hair back, but I didn't want to. I leant forward while my friend was using the sewing machine and my long hair got caught up in a part of the sewing machine. My friend hadn't noticed so kept pressing the pedal until it had wrapped my hair up so tightly my head was touching the machine. Instead of just helping me out, the teacher called the whole class round to our sewing machine, pointed at me, and said 'this is why you must tie your hair back'. Everyone laughed, and I was just stuck there facing them all going redder and redder. THE SHAME.

oh my goddness...thats more scary then embarassing! bad teacher
Original post by IntelligenceArtifi
Its happens to me sometimes but I do that as well when I get the occasion:biggrin:

:zomg: why would you do that?
Original post by ForgettingWhatsername
:zomg: why would you do that?

Sometimes its just too late to change direction, sometimes its a bit fun.
Tapping somebody on the shoulder who you think you know
Then They tuRn around and they're a complete stranger
Reply 598
Original post by Profesh
Paying for anything in denominations smaller than 20p.

Or when your buying a bar of chocolate or something and realise you only have a £20 note and the guy just looks at you like "are you serious."
I go for a pee in the sink and my girlfriend walked in and she asked me what i was doing i told her i was washing my penis .

Which sounds worse and i learned again today that you should always tell the truth. haha

Quick Reply

Latest