The Student Room Group

Embarrassing things in every day life

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordanS94
I don't get embarrassed ^^ I don't care what people think :biggrin: so if a friend pisses me off I make a big scene. Like when my friend was annoying me in town so I decide to shout in a crying voice 'please don't leave me for him' they just look at me all confused and then I grab their legs and and pretend to cry. They reply 'stop it everyone it looking' XD They get so embarrassed :h: I'm such a good friend aren't I :biggrin:

Thats not an embarrasing thing...gtfo.
I fall over on the stairs in college on a daily basis. It's the most embarassing thing especially when everyone is walking back to lessons and loads of people see.
Reply 982
I went to the cinema to see avatar with some of my m8s, for the banter I decided to get a bottle of diet coke and memtos. In the cinema screen room (as everyone was watching the adverts) I preceded to place the memtos in the the bottle, expecting that I would be able to stop the slight fizzing with my mouth. But alas no.... The bottle exploded onto me, spray went as far as 4 row in front of me, A man even turned around and scowled at me. luckily I was able to cradle the bottle and collect most of the liquid on my crotch and seat, whilst the entire cinema turned to watch me. Luckily however there were two spare seats next to the isle that I could move to (the other side of the group of my 8 m8s) . So I walked over and sat in the seats. In what now was a packed cinema. However the embarrassment was not over!!! A couple walked in and started looking for seats, and (what are the chances) the pretty much soaked coke covered seat and the one next to it, were the only available pair. Me, being a kind gentlemen gave up my dry isle seat and the one next to it and then proceeded to move back to the wet puddle of a seat, amongst the geers of fellow viewers. To watch the rest of the film in a squelchy sticky mess.
Reply 983
Telling a story and then realising that noone is listening... should i finish it or?...
Reply 984
Original post by JonDawe
I went to the cinema to see avatar with some of my m8s, for the banter I decided to get a bottle of diet coke and memtos. In the cinema screen room (as everyone was watching the adverts) I preceded to place the memtos in the the bottle, expecting that I would be able to stop the slight fizzing with my mouth. But alas no.... The bottle exploded onto me, spray went as far as 4 row in front of me, A man even turned around and scowled at me. luckily I was able to cradle the bottle and collect most of the liquid on my crotch and seat, whilst the entire cinema turned to watch me. Luckily however there were two spare seats next to the isle that I could move to (the other side of the group of my 8 m8s) . So I walked over and sat in the seats. In what now was a packed cinema. However the embarrassment was not over!!! A couple walked in and started looking for seats, and (what are the chances) the pretty much soaked coke covered seat and the one next to it, were the only available pair. Me, being a kind gentlemen gave up my dry isle seat and the one next to it and then proceeded to move back to the wet puddle of a seat, amongst the geers of fellow viewers. To watch the rest of the film in a squelchy sticky mess.

you have a very very low level of intelligence
Trousers or jeans breaking whilst at work :frown: how humiliating haha
I was reading this thread, chortling about how I can't remember anything as embarrassing as some of the stuff that's been posted. ...Then I remembered. :|

1. Having a sock stuffed in my mouth in fifth grade by a boy who "liked" me. Let me give you some advice: socks taste like how they smell. Do not eat.

2. Having to kiss possibly the most hated and awful boy in school for a musical performance... at least six times. For my first (six) kisses.

3. Being left in a Pageone bookstore in Hong Kong after getting four teeth pulled out in preparation for braces when I was about thirteen. My gums were still numb, which meant I was drooling everywhere. I was wearing a mouth-mask, so my dad somehow seemed to think it was utterly fine to just leave me there for an hour without any tissue. Cue me trying to wipe my drool discreetly in random places without alerting the staff or any passerby people... the agony!
A member of staff didn't turn up today and boss phoned up to check where she is. He said "you could watch Jeremy Kyle". I was stood near him and just laughed. oops.

Having to ask someone what money it is they gave me - could see it was a £5 note of some sort. I then had to phone up my boss to check whether they're acceptable.
Reply 988
when thanks to crappy invigilators you look like a fool in front of your whole course due to the **** poor way they handle the extra time for disability students....
Reply 989
Original post by cyfer
smacking my teacher with my lunchbox in the face when I was 5 because I was swinging it too hard

another embarrassing moment was me laughing out loud to this in the library at school, where everyone can hear..:colondollar:
Loving this thread. The following have happened to me in the past week:

- Stood up to do a presentation at Uni. Did it and was rather pleased. Sat down and the tutor said 'that was great, except you didn't mention Primary Schools at all. And the task was called teaching in the primary classroom.'

- nearly fell asleep in a lecture and woke up with my lecturer asking me a question. Responded by saying 'well what do you think in your opinion?' Then I just agreed with him.

- Ate a sweet that my tutor handed out. Then whilst I was munching away he said it was to be used as a metaphor for self discipline and not eaten.

- A pupil asked me to talk about Shakespeare's life and I ended up on the topic of black holes. No idea how that happened.
Reply 991
Original post by Mr. Approachable

- Ate a sweet that my tutor handed out. Then whilst I was munching away he said it was to be used as a metaphor for self discipline and not eaten.

sounds exactly like something i'd do :smile:
Reply 992
Dropping a drum stick while performing and not having enough time before the next hit to pick up a new stick. :redface:

Happened to me twice yesterday, thankfully it was in the studio so no crowds, lmao.
Last year I was on the bus home from college and a man got on it with a pram and he parked it in the fold-up seats at the side and his wife was sat there opposite him and all was well. That was until the baby decided to throw it's toy out of the pram so the guy got up to get it and retrive it, didn't realise his seat had folded back up and landed smack on his arse. I started sniggering to myself rather discretely, or so I thought at least. His wife is in hysterics and points at me shouting EVEN SHES LAUGHING AT YOU at which point I laughed so loudly I ended up snorting. The shame.

Also, can't be forgetting back in the school days! I was an absolute horror for chewing on my sleeves of my jumper but this was a habit that was quickly kicked out of me due to the introduction of braces! I will say no more. Lesson learnt.
My stomach rumbling in a quiet room. I don't know why but I always find this disproportionately embarrassing!
I had teeth out some years ago. I couldn't speak properly and dribbled everywhere.

Talking and having hiccups at the same time.
Reply 996
this thread is jokes

As for me ... I was naked in a park and had a boner. I was running after this girl through the park and everyone saw me.
I bought some condoms in a shop as my girlfriend was coming around and the guy on the counter says " ay ay someones getting lucky tonight". I made the mistake of saying hopefully.

He then shouts across the shop, hey mike! this guys hoping to get laid
The guy looks at me and shouts back "ha he's hoping, you sure you know which hole to stick it in buddy?"

I just stood there while everyone in the queue was smirking and secretly laughing at me

Then I tripped up as I walked out the door :facepalm2:
Reply 998
Sitting on the top deck right at the back of the packed bus and you've got a raging hard on. Getting off and trying to hide it. Ohhhh challenge.

I used to have to wear a tracksuit at work and loads of fit girls would come in .. used to constantly get boners, not sure how I hid it tbh.
Reply 999
When you sneeze and you know a fair bit of snot went on your hands and you try to subtly put it on the bus seat or something.

Quick Reply

Latest