The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Portsmouth Applicants 2012

So for all the unis I applied to, there was a thread for 2012 applicants. But not for Portsmouth! So I've started one!
Put your course, GCSE results, AS results, A2 predictions, why you wanna go to Portsmouth and the other unis you applied to, and of course whether you got an offer or not :biggrin:
Have fun!

I'm applying to do Mathematics with Statistics, got a conditional for 280 points, and have not checked out accomodation as yet! It's gonna be my insurance though.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Applying for History, got BBC at A-level (so hopefully an unconditional offer). Hoping to get into Trafalgar or Margaret Rule in terms of accommodation.
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
I'm applying for Portsmouth too, the offer is 300 ucas points, hopefully I'll get an offer :smile:
I've not been to an open day but ive applied ! if anybody has been what did they think of the campus ??
Reply 4
I'm applying for 'human resource management and psychology' and have got a conditional offer :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Hey everyone , I'm not applying to Portsmouth but I have lived there all my life so if you want to ask any q's on the city or anything then Feel free to message me :smile: x
I've applied for Journalism & Journalism with Media Studies, but my application hasn't been sent by my college yet, so fingers crossed :smile:
I've applied for Pharmacology as well as Biochemistry and Genome science. Both courses are what I wanted to do and when I went to Portsmouth I loved the place.
Reply 8
I've already applied and got a confirmed spot as I am currently taking a gap year. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by xXedixXx
I've already applied and got a confirmed spot as I am currently taking a gap year. :smile:

Have they told you what happens with accommodation? I'm in a similar position (but haven't yet sent off my application).
Original post by Tom B.
Have they told you what happens with accommodation? I'm in a similar position (but haven't yet sent off my application).

Yeah I phoned them up about it. They said we get an accommodation pack in March and we'll be the first to get it because we deferred a year and we're already on their database or whatever. :P
Reply 11
Original post by NorwichtoBristol

I've applied for Pharmacology as well as Biochemistry and Genome science. Both courses are what I wanted to do and when I went to Portsmouth I loved the place.

I'm going for Pharmacology too, got an offer yesterday. Might see you in October!
My application got processed yesterday, and today Portsmouth not only acknowledged me for Journalism single honours today, and asked me to submit five pieces of work, but also gave me an unconditional offer for Journalism with Media Studies (applied twice 'cos I love Pompey so much and it's possible to transfer to single honours at the end of the year)!

So definitely going to Portsmouth either way :love:
Reply 13
Original post by ironandwine
My application got processed yesterday, and today Portsmouth not only acknowledged me for Journalism single honours today, and asked me to submit five pieces of work, but also gave me an unconditional offer for Journalism with Media Studies (applied twice 'cos I love Pompey so much and it's possible to transfer to single honours at the end of the year)!

So definitely going to Portsmouth either way :love:

Oh wow! Congrats on the offer!! :smile:
Original post by DrPeanuts
I'm going for Pharmacology too, got an offer yesterday. Might see you in October!

Definitely, as I just got the offer for Pharmacology as well as Biochemistry!
Original post by VneetaB
Oh wow! Congrats on the offer!! :smile:

Thank you! :h: Well done with your offer too, are you gonna firm Portsmouth or are you undecided? :smile:

Definitely, as I just got the offer for Pharmacology as well as Biochemistry!

Well done duuude :h:
Reply 16
Thank you! :h: Well done with your offer too, are you gonna firm Portsmouth or are you undecided? :smile:

Well done duuude :h:

I think i'm going to confirm it but still slightly undecided! It's between Portsmouth and Hertfordshire!:confused:
Original post by VneetaB
I think i'm going to confirm it but still slightly undecided! It's between Portsmouth and Hertfordshire!:confused:

Ahaha, well, I'm ridiculously biased because I have some mates there, but last week when I went up to Portsmouth I fell in love with it all over again. Had such a good night out there and they get so many good bands for gigs and everyone's ridiculously nice... y'know you want to choose Pompey :wink:
Reply 18
Ahaha, well, I'm ridiculously biased because I have some mates there, but last week when I went up to Portsmouth I fell in love with it all over again. Had such a good night out there and they get so many good bands for gigs and everyone's ridiculously nice... y'know you want to choose Pompey :wink:

I'm sure i'll end up choosing it! So Portsmouth it is :biggrin: :h:
Original post by VneetaB
I'm sure i'll end up choosing it! So Portsmouth it is :biggrin: :h:

Yaaaay! :bigsmile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending