The Student Room Group

changing uni insurance

so i have until wednesday to change my insurance if i want, currently i have a firmed bath (ABB with A in the EPQ) and made warwick my insurance (BBB), however with how my a levels are going im worried im not going to get the grades and was wondering if it was worth changing my insurance to portsmouth who want 128 ucas points with 40 points in bio and chem, i also feel like they may be more leniant on the results day maybe comapred to somewhere like warwick? im just not sure how good portsmouth is for biochemistry and haven't heard much about the uni in general

or should i just keep things as it is with my cuurent choices and if worse comes to worst i can go through clearing/take a gap year to resist (since i had my heart set on bath) because even though i don't think these tests are going great, there could still be an ounce of hope

my other option (which may make no sense) was to change warwick to cardiff (BBB with an A in the epq), this is only because i was quite stuck between cardiff and warwick and i don't want to regret keeping warwick in case i manage to get into my insurace, i don't know i thought cardiff may be a more 'student friendly' place

anyway yeah im not sure what to do my head is already so occupied with revision, but i also don't want to neglect my uni application so thought i should get opinions on what i should perhaps do? thank you!
(edited 10 months ago)
Warwick's biochem course is in clearing every year, I'd probably stick with them tbh.
Stick with Warwick and keep an eye on Portsmouth's course to see if it is in Clearing, just in case you need to use it on results day.
Reply 3
Original post by scientist223311
my other option (which may make no sense) was to change warwick to cardiff (BBB with an A in the epq), this is only because i was quite stuck between cardiff and warwick and i don't want to regret keeping warwick in case i somehow get into my insurace, because i thought cardiff may be a more 'student friendly' place

?? 🤨🤨
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending