The Student Room Group

Olympic Monument: what does everyone think of it?

Scroll to see replies

Looks like a rollercoaster which has fallen apart. Horrible :frown:
Reply 21
It looks like a helter skelter on steroids
Reply 22
Original post by Drewski
As a concept it's ok [the 5 olympic rings, intertwined, with a viewing platform so that visitors can view the entire park], it just lacks something in execution. Will probably grow on people and be considered relatively normal by next summer...

What the hell does the designer having an OBE have to do with it? Are you really that paranoid as to think anyone who's been given an honour is part of some international conspiracy to come and get you in the night? Any idea how many perfectly normal people have won MBEs and OBEs? I know a few myself. Take off your tinfoil hat, get off the internet, live a little. It'll stop you dying of an heartattack before you're 40.

We are no longer supposed to be living in the British Empire. And the British Empire was instituted under the auspices of secret societies that we now know are conducting affairs on the world's stage today. Hence why I felt it necessary to relate the designers OBE status in lieu of the notion that we could have had a masonic pyramid with Zion scrawled upon it in big letters.

Read before you comment, or remain forever ignorant.
I think it looks pretty good. You people are quick to hate.
It's ****ing hideous.
Reply 25
It's a piece of crap, what a waste of money.
(edited 12 years ago)
Ugly. Pointless.

I swear they only ever make things just to please critics, which in these days of "modern art :rolleyes:" all you have to do is make something crap, useless and ugly and critics will fawn over it.

/rant
Reply 28
It looks like ****?

All these mock up's of the Olympic parks and grounds all look nice enough, with people walking around everywhere, but will they really look like that?

Actually, just looking at that, who let them build it?!
Reply 29
I went to the new Westfield in Stratford 3 days ago and you could just about see it from the train station.

I pointed it out to my sister, 'Look, it's the olympic monument!'

She said she couldn't see it, so I said 'The red tower that looks like scaffolding.'

She replied 'Oh I thought it was just scaffolding.'

I think that about sums it up.
Some people can't be pleased with anything. I think it's good, adds a bit of variety and a viewing platform.
Reply 31
It's interesting but I would prefer a classical monument rather than modern art. It is going to look very dated soon because it is fashionable but not stylish.
Reply 32
Original post by Martyn*
Read before you comment, or remain forever ignorant.

Believe me, of the two of us, I am not the ignorant one.
Reply 33
It's disgusting.
Reply 34
Original post by Drewski
Believe me, of the two of us, I am not the ignorant one.

I beg to differ.
Reply 35
Original post by Martyn*
I beg to differ.

Imagine my surprise...
Reply 36
I couldn't tell whether the cranes were meant to be part of it.
Looks ****; this country really is experiencing the last days of its greatness.

This said if they put one of those curly slides on it I'll be very happy. :biggrin:

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by PendulumBoB
Looks ****; this country really is experiencing the latter days of its greatness.

This said if they put one of those slides on it I'll be very happy. :biggrin:

That should be implemented as part of the Olympic legacy programme.

World's crappiest observation tower/monument? Meh
World's most awesome slide? Yeh!
Reply 39
They should have kept it at its original size:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending