The Student Room Group

How difficult is Higher BIO NAB?

I was wondering how difficult the higher bio unit 1 nab is approximately, because for example in chemistry, it is very easy, but she hasn't really told us or shown us any mock nabs in bio :/ Does anyone have any advice or know how hard it is?

Any info would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
I did it last year so I can't remember exactly what it was like, but I can remember there usually being a fairly simple percentage question that you can rely on, and generally the NABs aren't very hard, pretty much anyone who failed always got it on the resit :smile:
Reply 2
Nice! :biggrin: thanks. Some people did badly in the october test, so she said she would give us the easiest nab she could find xD
Reply 3
That's similar to the class doing higher bio this year. A few did badly on the test, but I think they did alright on the NAB (there were a few exceptions obvi)
Reply 4
I think biology is far easier than chemistry for unit 1, but maybe that's just me. Chemistry has little tricky bits that can trip you up and lose you marks. Biology is just remembering stuff.
Original post by Crazifox

Original post by Crazifox
I was wondering how difficult the higher bio unit 1 nab is approximately, because for example in chemistry, it is very easy, but she hasn't really told us or shown us any mock nabs in bio :/ Does anyone have any advice or know how hard it is?

Any info would be appreciated :smile:

Just did it this morning and got 40/40. It was quite easy (I think the questions are supposed to be set at C grade so you should be Ok). Mostly remembering stuff and one or two very easy problem solving questions.
Also a graph question but just make sure you don't fall for the trick when drawing it: You will be going up in fixed increments and then suddenly it will jump up by 100 or something.

Hope this makes sense and all the best! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Got it back the other day, got 38/40 :smile: top of the class. 2 stupid errors, but nvm ill never do them again lol.

Incase it helps someone else; if you are doing a graph and you label the axis, make it the EXACT words in the table. You would get it in the final exam but because of the strict marking in the NABS you dont get the mark, even if you have written 'percentage change in mass (%)' and it should be 'percentage change in mass of carrot tissue (%)'.

Thanks again btw people :]
Reply 7
Well done!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending