The Student Room Group

Can anyone correct this sentence please? (French)

Hi,

I'd be really grateful if someone could correct this sentence for me. My teacher wasn't allowed to because it was a controlled assessment, though he gave me a hint that 'partir' should be replaced with another word beginning with p, and sounds like an english word.

The sentence is:

Bien que le trajet soit tres long, j'espere tirer parti de celle experience pour travailler avec eux a l'avenir.

(apologies for lack of accents, typing from a phone)

I meant: Although the journey was long, I hope to build upon this experience in order to work with them in the future.

Thanks in advance :biggrin:
Reply 1
*Bump* Can anyone help please?
Reply 2

profiter
Bien que le voyage était long, je l'espère, de s'appuyer sur cette expérience pour travailler avec eux à l'avenir.

- i am not french so double check that haha :P
I'd phrase it that way:

Bien que le trajet ait été très long, j'espère tirer profit de cette expérience pour travailler avec eux à l'avenir.
Reply 5
Original post by the bear
profiter

That's the word! I literally shouted at my teacher in the corridor "Is it Profiter?" And he nodded :smile:

Original post by lionelmessi2
Bien que le voyage était long, je l'espère, de s'appuyer sur cette expérience pour travailler avec eux à l'avenir.

- i am not french so double check that haha :P

Original post by 'Shadowplay'
I'd phrase it that way:

Bien que le trajet ait été très long, j'espère tirer profit de cette expérience pour travailler avec eux à l'avenir.

Thanks guys for replying. I would take your advice, but my assessment is tomorrow, and I can't really risk adding in something that he hasn't checked. Thanks anyway :biggrin:
I highly recommend you make an account on http://www.lang-8.com

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending