The Student Room Group

Need help with GCSE French!

Hi,
I got a grade 3 for my year 10 higher French mock which will result me moving to foundation. I want to move to higher and get a grade 6 but I don't know how to revise French. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.
Original post by 9vdl
Hi,
I got a grade 3 for my year 10 higher French mock which will result me moving to foundation. I want to move to higher and get a grade 6 but I don't know how to revise French. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

I did GCSE German, so it isn't exactly the same but a lot of the advice is the same. I would make sure you know your vocab, probably using flashcards on sites such as Quizlet or StudySmarter. Practise questions are also very beneficial, the more practise you can do, the better. Make sure you know grammar such as irregular verbs, tenses that kind of thing, maybe through using flashcards and grammar exercises. If I have forgotten anything, please feel free to ask :smile:.
Reply 2
Hi,
I would also say have a few different sentence structures in different tenses memorised - helps with the writing exams to get structure and tense marks :smile:
Hi, I did GCSE French last year and did quite well. I tried to familiarise myself with a few different tenses by learning the basic structures and comparing them, and I memorised the recommended vocab on the exam board website using Quizlet. This meant I understood a lot of what was going on in the exam questions which really helped.

Quick Reply

Latest