The Student Room Group

opinion on JMU pharmacy

hey guys,
I need some honest opinions on this university. I'm from Canada so i know absolutely nothing about UK universities and nobody i know has a clue about them. But i applied to JMU because they came to my university to talk about their pharmacy program and I think i might be accepted as one of the international students. Can you guys give me an idea on the ranking of this university, as well as general impression and whatever you know really. It'll help me alot cos i cant just up and leave to go to some university i know nothing about. thks!
Reply 1
JMU is 22nd out of 33 for Pharmacy and Pharmacology (Source), but I think any accredited pharmacy degree will get you a good job after you graduate.
Reply 2
I am at Bath, but i had JMU as my second choice. JMU are not a "prestigious" uni, and aren't famed for pharmacy research. However, they are a very friendly department, and are certainly not the worst UK school of pharmacy.
Reply 3
So which is the "worst" UK school of pharmacy..?
Reply 4
hey guys, thks for replying. yea, i got the idea that JMU wasn't high for their academic ranking. but its not just academics for mi, i really want to study at a place that has good ppl and a good environment...and i haven't been to europe let alone UK, at all so im not sure ill adapt.

Latest

Trending

Trending