The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Aemiliana
This is not a place that I would recommend at all any more. I don't think a single tennat from the last two years would either, from what they've been saying.

Just wondered why that was?
Reply 21
I applied for uni last year I have an unconditional offer I applied for my accom through mmu accommodation website the day after it opened only to see a message they put on facebook today stating we have to check our junk mail. checking my junk mail I received a email stating my offer has expired I had no offer in the first place I rang up they said they rang me I had no phone call or voicemail so how could I have replied if I didn't know I had an offer in the first place. they now say that they cant do anything for me other than go to private accom. has this happened to anyone? any recommendations as to what to do or can anyone inform me on private accommodation. so stressed out!!!!
Reply 22
Hi, please could you tell me what was the problem with The Old Church? I am considering it but I could not find any reviews apart from this sentence of yours that makes me worried. Thank for the reply :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Aemiliana
ETA: This is not a place that I would reccommend any more I'm afraid.

could you please specify why ?

edit: sorry I did not see your message
(edited 8 years ago)
So what was the reason the Old church isnt recommended? I chose it and Im.worried now
Original post by emmaci
could you please specify why ?

edit: sorry I did not see your message

Could you tell the reasons please?
Reply 26
I decided to choose The Odl Church anyway, so I will be coming there in September. Although, Aemiliana said that there were some problems with the owner visiting ofter and commenting on stuff.... Hopefully we will get talong.
I know this thread is 2 years old, but is anyone who chose the old church around etill? Would you recommend it or not - it looks super cute but can't find any reviews online
I went to view it today. Of the no frills en-suite rooms its the best. I can see that the owner would come in and comment about stuff as she cleans all the communal areas herself (keeps the cost down which is passed to students in the cheap rent) She mentioned that all the people currently on the second floor are staying this year and she often has people staying for all their years and then when they do postgrad. I will say that the Old Church has two very firm policies:1, No first years 2, No parties 🥳 Everything else is as you would expect. Laundry on site costs £1 a load for washing and £1 for drying. Hope that helps!
Hey emmaci, how did you find this property / have you rebooked for this year? Would you recommend it?

Original post by emmaci
I decided to choose The Odl Church anyway, so I will be coming there in September. Although, Aemiliana said that there were some problems with the owner visiting ofter and commenting on stuff.... Hopefully we will get talong.

Latest

Trending

Trending