The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I had no idea your avatar was Old Gregg. I feel like I've stolen your idea. :mmm:

Your costume is great! I haven't had the opportunity to dress up as him yet. :frown:
Reply 101
THE OP's a TROLL and talking a lot of nonsense. She's just saying that coz she's a Hindu and wants to make Muslims look bad and unhygienic. That has nothing to do with religion or any culture for that matter and if ppl like that exist it's just a personal oddity (their own lack of hygiene) In fact in Islam you have to shower when you're on the period!
Original post by Ali1991
THE OP's a TROLL and talking a lot of nonsense. She's just saying that coz she's a Hindu and wants to make Muslims look bad and unhygienic. That has nothing to do with religion or any culture for that matter and if ppl like that exist it's just a personal oddity (their own lack of hygiene) In fact in Islam you have to shower when you're on the period!

I can easily believe that OP is a troll, however people have actually posted replies saying they don't wash on their periods either....
Original post by Anonymous
Not trolling. What I have to say, in reality, almost made me gag out loud when someone told me this. It is filthy.

A Muslim colleague told me today that she doesn't shower at all when on her period, for 4 days straight+. She said it is disgusting that I do, as the blood would go everywhere. Goes how she doesn't know anyone who showers when on their period. So I asked if it is a cultural thing? She said no, not only muslims do it, she knows Hindu Indians who do that too... So I said, hmm are you sure? Never heard such crap. Then she goes how I'm absolutely disgusting showering on my period. I thought and said, so how long do you go without showering, that's disgusting! Surely you would if anything, need to shower more when on period... I don't know anyone of my culture who does that, it is unhygienic and noone would wanna be in a square mile of her if they knew.

So she's on her period, I walk to the bathroom after and from the floor above I can smell nasty smell when walking down the stairs to the bathroom of work. I walk into the lady's room after she went and used it to change her pad (she told me this), finding that that's where the horrible smell was coming from. It literally stank even the stairs up. Glad she didn't tell me whilst I was eating, gross... :mad: Then I thought no wonder she doesn't come in at times due to period even, everyday she has an excuse for feeling ill.

Anyone know anyone else who doesn't shower when on their period? Nonsensical to say the least...:s-smilie:

I've actually never come across somebody who doesn't shower and wash themselves on their period. Strange cultural belief of hers, maybe, but to an extent, I believe this to be very selfish when making other people aware of her unhygienic nature, as well as exposing people to the smell of herself. I, personally, shower twice a day when I'm on my period; once in the morning and once in the evening. Otherwise I would just feel dirty and wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing how disgusting it is; having the blood soak into my skin and the smell would knock me sick.

I don't understand why she would let you into her unhygienic period ritual, because it would surely just make her seem dirty, and prone to bullying in the workplace (or College place). I went to the toilet today at Sixth Form, and noticed somebody had gone into a cubicle, had a dump, and not used toilet paper or even decide to flush it; the smell was horrific. Men, yes I can understand to do that (disgusting even for a man), but for a woman, I find that sick beyond belief.
People are such pussys, lots of girls have sex on their periods.
Yea, I try to ignore most people from my poor chavvy area/ people from my ****ty high school who aren't educated and are full of stupid crap. She's falls in both criterion unfortunately, my girl's highschool that I went to and area...

I'm not a practising Hindu at all nor that cultural. The way am brought up at home is v. liberal, Western approach. She's Muslim Pakistani, 22 and most people in my high school/ crap area are like that. So it is like being on a different planet. I felt woozy, sick thinking about how this is even possible, to not wash for that long, let along when not on period. I wash once a day in the morning, wash hair every 3/4 days. When on period, make sure to thoroughly wash myself longer, each time using toilet paper/ changing pad use tissues and wet wons properly.

I looked at her fingers and she had chewed them, even the skin on all her fingers including nails was gone, I told her wtf that's gross?! Your skin is hanging, she said she likes chewing on her finger skin. :s-smilie: I put two and two together, from her not washing when on period and thought, well I can't imagine the amount of germs on you. She's always claiming to be sick practically everyday, takes sickies loads and is always late. I'm going to stop sharing food with her, freaks me out how many more people do this though too. Ew!

Dad said that's ****ing gross. He said though that in our religion/ culture, the woman are seen as inferior though when on period etc. He said our religious isn't AS silly as Islam but some parts are as with most religions, if you really read into religious books but they're old fashioned. Even Mum was like, don't listen to stupid people who come out with crap, that's gross but just leave it be and don't pay attention to that sort of dumbness.

Why are you being so bitchy? Yes it is gross that she does not wash etc but was there really a need to show her up on this thread and talk about things she does? You're spending a lot of time judging her and humiliating her (telling your dad??) it's really sad. I say live your life and stop spreading embarrassing stories about others.

"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."

I'm going to get off my high horse now :tongue:
Original post by Mel20
No idea. I agree it's twisted. But when muslim women are on their period, they can not pray. They claim it is because Allah is trying to help them as they it will cause too much discomfort to pray, however, Allah has instructed that even ill people must pray if they can. Even very ill people are given a choice,whereas women on their periods are outright forbidden as they are considered to be 'impure' and dirty at that time

It's actually very simple. Cleanliness is a very very very integral part of the religion (which is why what the girl said is so contridictory) so much so that in order to pray, one must be in a state of cleanliness. This means if you go to the toilet, you must wash down there with water. If you're on your period, you wash down there...not much changes, you're still bleeding. Religionwise you're not "clean" so you can't Pray.

Also I agree with the being too uncomfortable to pray. Who says there has to only be one reason why women do not pray whilst on their period?

Ill people can pray sitting down as long as they are able to leave the bed/move. If not they are not required to.
I can't remember which culture it was, but I remember hearing that women were not allowed to tend crops while they were on because they were thought to kill them all off. xD This was in the olden days though. :P
I don't shower the first day or two because mine's too heavy, I would never make it without plastering the walls. Sorry to be so visual.

:lolwut:
That's bull****!

I shower everyday anyway, but twice when I am on my period.

The girl is an idiot.
Girls are weird. Period.
Original post by Dekota-XS
Girls are weird. Period.

Nice pun.
I like how you had to go anon to post this lol.... Oh and i think shes pulling your leg... Not literally.
YES I DO!
shes jewish and its against her religion
aaghghgh i hate the idea of it. i shower twice a day when im on mine :s-smilie:
That sounds gross!
Tell her keep a tampon in whilst in the shower, that way the blood won't trickle down with the water even if she has a heavy period.
twice/three times a day seems quite excessive... i mean what about water conservation?
Reply 116
oh that is just disgusting!
Does she have some sort of constant waterfall like stream coming out of her constantly when she's on or something? I don't think I've ever got blood on me whilst showering.
Reply 118
No. I don't and would never tell anyone at work. My boss has a big humidifier, air freshener fetish, opens windows and doors with AC on even if it is freezing in office as they say it always smells funny...

I went to the toilet again today, she goes to it lots, it stank again heavily of period blood. There's no other men in our office. Smelled so bad that I was thinking of not using it.

After work, I subtly clarified with her and she said she doesn't wash as the blood would go everywhere and that's gross. So I said that's v. unhygienic as regardless of periods, should always wash atleast once a day, besides more water would clean it. She said she doesn't like washing it down there. I said you would stink and everyone would be able to smell it. I've never heard of anything like this, asker her who else do you know that does it? She said lots of her Asian friends from the girl's high school we went to/ area don't wash when on. At which point, I just stopped and left it be. I even said, if I smelled of period then I hope someone tells me, as I hope I don't, would really worry me if people thought that way and could smell it. She's always daily moaning about feeling sick, the not washing thing is just gross but to each our own I guess. :s-smilie:
I don't even want to know how the conversation even led to that...

Latest