The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Qub nursing intake 12/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Lilly Rose
I got my interview for magee mental health! on the 14th of march :biggrin: so happy still waiting for queens though :s-smilie:

Congratulations! :smile: I'm still waiting on queens too :smile:
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 101
Hey, Congratulations to all who have received their letters for interview and good luck to everyone still waiting (including me)!!

Just wondering whether I am the oldest person to apply, and I'm male - will be 40 in September - Adult first choice, Mental Health Second.

To all those nervous at interviews, get some rescue remedy and go and see your doctor and say you are really nervous, beta blockers work a treat!
Reply 102
Original post by am40
Hey, Congratulations to all who have received their letters for interview and good luck to everyone still waiting (including me)!!

Just wondering whether I am the oldest person to apply, and I'm male - will be 40 in September - Adult first choice, Mental Health Second.

To all those nervous at interviews, get some rescue remedy and go and see your doctor and say you are really nervous, beta blockers work a treat!

I think there is a big age range so I wouldn't worry about being the oldest (I'm 27 nearly 28) my first choice is mental health.
I live on rescue remedy! Lol! Not sure about beta blockers though lol! Good luck hope you hear soon :smile:
Got my interview for queens :biggrin: 13 of march!
Reply 104
ahhhhh dayum, jus got an unsuccessful for mental health!! but got the interview for adult nursing! strangggeee!

:frown::frown: really gutted!! xoxo
Reply 105
hi folks, im a mature student and in my second year on the access course(social sciences) i had an unsuccessfull app for magee this morn (sad:frown: ) but an interview for adult nursing at queens on the 12th march. Any1 no or heard of some of the questions we could be asked, or interview tips?
Reply 106
Original post by emmam
hi folks, im a mature student and in my second year on the access course(social sciences) i had an unsuccessfull app for magee this morn (sad:frown: ) but an interview for adult nursing at queens on the 12th march. Any1 no or heard of some of the questions we could be asked, or interview tips?

emma wich college r u studying in?? im in my second year of social sciences! did you apply for both adult and mental health for magee?? or just the one?

xo
Reply 107
Original post by nicoleio
nurse2 when is your interview????

congrats too youu :smile: xoxo

queens is on thursday and magee is on 8th march . SOO scared but happy at the same time lol. Thankyou so much :biggrin:!!
Reply 108
Original post by am40

hi am40 would not worry about your age i am 40 my freind done queens nursing mental health few years ago and he was 43
Reply 109
Original post by nicoleio
ahhhhh dayum, jus got an unsuccessful for mental health!! but got the interview for adult nursing! strangggeee!

:frown::frown: really gutted!! xoxo

That is really strange! But at least you got adult! :smile:
Reply 110
Just discovered I am going to have to get the train at 06:50!!!!! To get to Magee for 10:45! Will be sitting about for over and hour and a half! The. After that have to float about until next interview at 2pm!! Fri 9th March is going to be a long day! Soooooo nervous!! Really have to do more driving lessons! Hope I get queens don't fancy going from Belfast to Londonderry everyday, especially with three kiddies to get sorted for school :frown:
Reply 111
Original post by Nurse2
queens is on thursday and magee is on 8th march . SOO scared but happy at the same time lol. Thankyou so much :biggrin:!!

Congratulations! Your the day before me at Magee! Still haven't heard from queens yet though :frown: good luck! :smile:
Reply 112
Got my interview for QUB!! So excited & nervous!! Good luck everyone!!!
Reply 113
Original post by emmam

Hey,
Well done on getting your interview, questions for me were like: tell me about two difficult situations in your life, and how you overcame them?; why did you choose [children's] nursing?; what is the role of the nurse?; what role does literacy play in nursing?; and something else, can't remember. There's five questions, and my advice would be to take your time, breathe!, ask them to repeat the questions or tell if you're unsure of what they're asking, smile and be warm and friendly. I thought i'd done awful but i'm in my second year now, and loving every minute.
Good luck x
Hi Kat33 are you currently studying childrens nursing I have my interview on monday at 9.00 with my first choice as childrens nursing. thanks for the great advice above will need it. did they ask you about current issues?
Reply 115
Original post by Lilo27
Congratulations! Your the day before me at Magee! Still haven't heard from queens yet though :frown: good luck! :smile:

Ill try let u know what i get asked before your interview the next day lol. Hope you find out v.soon, people are still getting letters so im sure you'll hear very soon. thank-you & good luck for magee!! :smile:
Reply 116
hi well done! i got my letter yesterday ive an interview on tue 13th march i am so excited but sooooo nervous. my first choice was childrens but the letter says nursing? is everyones letter the same?
Reply 117
Original post by davy121
hi am40 would not worry about your age i am 40 my freind done queens nursing mental health few years ago and he was 43

Hi Davy,
Have you applied for nursing as well?
Reply 118
Original post by Nurse2
Ill try let u know what i get asked before your interview the next day lol. Hope you find out v.soon, people are still getting letters so im sure you'll hear very soon. thank-you & good luck for magee!! :smile:

Thanks :smile::smile::smile: got my letter for queens! 27th march!! Could I be any more excited and nervous at the same time?!! I want this more than anything in the world!! Good luck everyone fingers crossed we all do well :smile:
Hi Kerso22 mine interview letter says nursing and I put childrens nursing as my first choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending