The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston English Applicants 2012

Has anyone heard anything back or had any offers? I've applied for English Literature. :smile:
Reply 1
!`
(edited 11 years ago)
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Original post by NikkiDreamer
Has anyone heard anything back or had any offers? I've applied for English Literature. :smile:

Hi, ive also applied for English Literature and ive heard back from Kingston for an "open day" future students can get a taster lecture and then followed by an "informal interview" which i'm dreading¬¬. If ur a mature student u should b expecting an interview/open day =]
Reply 3
Original post by MisterBlake
Hey, I'm hoping to get into Kingston to study a joint Business + English Language degree. I've got to admit it's taken awhile for me to decide to actually go for it as i would now be considered a "mature student" at 22 (23 by the time we'd start) and don't know what Kingston's like for the "mature's" so to speak. I'm kind of panicking as I'm unsure what chances I've got gaining a place as I haven't got any concrete qualifications past GCSE, attended 2 college's and ended up dropping out of both due to circumstances at home (much better now but i'll be living on my own in private accom if i get a place)! i've worked for some really good companies since being out of education all customer facing, sales/admin, target based (Bmw, Ford, Virgin Megastores (when it used to be in Piccadilly Circus) amongst others. So my main question to everyone is what du think my chances are? is it worth calling the course tutors and discussing it with them? or should I just work on ensuring my personal statement is a powerful one? Any help would seriously be appreciated, if not, hope u at least enjoyed the read. Regards, Blake.

Hi i'm also a mature student, and your chances of getting into your course are good if u put the effort to get in. Calling the head of courses, your personal statement, work experiences since should show ur motivation to get in. I myself havent achieved the best of grades but im guessing they acknowledged my personal statement because theyve asked me to attend an interview. So despite past education universities make their final choice by meet and greet i guess. Positive thinking only :]
Reply 4
!.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending