The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

WTF does this mean :P

First I got the standard acknowledgement 5 days ago (the day after I sent my UCAS):

'Many thanks for applying to UCL and the School of Slavonic and East European Studies. We were pleased to receive your application which is now being considered for the BA Politics and East European Studies programme.

Our degree programmes attract a large number of well qualified applicants so it may be some time before we can give you a decision. We shall, however, endeavour to consider your application as quickly as we can.

You will be contacted again regarding the progress of your application. This may take the form of a request for further information, an invitation to an Open and/or Interview Day, or notification of our final decision. In the event that your application should prove to be unsuccessful, this notification will come direct from UCAS.

Please do not reply to this email. In addition, please do not send or email any further information or documentation unless requested to do so by the School.

Once again, thank you for your interest in studying at UCL.

With best wishes.'

All normal there.

But now I have this today:

'Thank you for your application to study with SSEES at UCL on the following programme:

LR27 BA Politics and East European Studies

Due to the overwhelming demand for this programme, we are operating a long-list system whereby candidates will be considered as one overall cohort once all the applications have been received on 15th January. I am pleased to be able to inform you that you have made it past the first phase of this process and your application will go through for consideration by the Admissions Tutor.

I anticipate that you will have a decision on your application by the middle of February at the very latest and we will let you know via UCAS. In the meantime, please feel free to ask any questions you may have but please do not send any additional information unless there has been a mistake or omission on your UCAS form.'

What does this mean? Is it a good thing or not? I mean, it seems like it's a good thing, but is it just a normal thing, or have loads of people been rejected? O.o Confusing :P
Original post by Maddog Jones
First I got the standard acknowledgement 5 days ago (the day after I sent my UCAS):

'Many thanks for applying to UCL and the School of Slavonic and East European Studies. We were pleased to receive your application which is now being considered for the BA Politics and East European Studies programme.

Our degree programmes attract a large number of well qualified applicants so it may be some time before we can give you a decision. We shall, however, endeavour to consider your application as quickly as we can.

You will be contacted again regarding the progress of your application. This may take the form of a request for further information, an invitation to an Open and/or Interview Day, or notification of our final decision. In the event that your application should prove to be unsuccessful, this notification will come direct from UCAS.

Please do not reply to this email. In addition, please do not send or email any further information or documentation unless requested to do so by the School.

Once again, thank you for your interest in studying at UCL.

With best wishes.'

All normal there.

But now I have this today:

'Thank you for your application to study with SSEES at UCL on the following programme:

LR27 BA Politics and East European Studies

Due to the overwhelming demand for this programme, we are operating a long-list system whereby candidates will be considered as one overall cohort once all the applications have been received on 15th January. I am pleased to be able to inform you that you have made it past the first phase of this process and your application will go through for consideration by the Admissions Tutor.

I anticipate that you will have a decision on your application by the middle of February at the very latest and we will let you know via UCAS. In the meantime, please feel free to ask any questions you may have but please do not send any additional information unless there has been a mistake or omission on your UCAS form.'

What does this mean? Is it a good thing or not? I mean, it seems like it's a good thing, but is it just a normal thing, or have loads of people been rejected? O.o Confusing :P

It's definitely a good thing, but I doubt it's a majorly amazing thing - it just means you've made it past the first phase, but that probably only got rid of those obviously unsuitable, e.g. because of obviously insufficient grades, or other such requirement. All it means that your application will be properly looked at and then you can expect a decision by mid-Feb :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by logiadoevus
It's definitely a good thing, but I doubt it's a majorly amazing thing - it just means you've made it past the first phase, but that probably only got rid of those obviously unsuitable, e.g. because of obviously insufficient grades, or other such requirement. All it means that your application will be properly looked at and then you can expect a decision by mid-Feb :smile:

Fair enough, thanks :smile: I still doubt I'll get an offer though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending