The Student Room Group
Reply 1
mandy1987_6
i'm a Frech GCSE student and i need to know how to use the pluperfect cos i find it really hard, can anyone help me please?
lots of love
mandy

Sorry...it's been awhile since i did french...about two years to be precise....but if you could give me examples of the pluperfect...i'll do my best to remember enough to help you...though there are no guarantees!! :tongue:

G
Reply 2
i never used the pluperfect tense at gcse and i got an A*, you only really need to be able to use the present, passe compose, and futur to get a really high grade (e.g. A*), most people don't even do these and get an A....
Reply 3
Me2
i never used the pluperfect tense at gcse and i got an A*, you only really need to be able to use the present, passe compose, and futur to get a really high grade (e.g. A*), most people don't even do these and get an A....

Yeh....i don't ever remember learning about the pluperfect to be perfectly honest with you....and I got an A* :biggrin:

G
Reply 4
you dont need pluperfect for GCSE but :

pluperfect is 'one before the past' so - I had eaten, I had washed the car. usually followed by something 'i had eaten when something happened'.

pluperfect is formed by taking the passe compose, and puting the auxiliary in the imperfect.

'j'avais mange'
Reply 6
kikzen
you dont need pluperfect for GCSE but :

pluperfect is 'one before the past' so - I had eaten, I had washed the car. usually followed by something 'i had eaten when something happened'.

pluperfect is formed by taking the passe compose, and puting the auxiliary in the imperfect.

'j'avais mange'

thats it! yeah we were taught it, and told that if we used it correctly in the writing we'd be on track to an A* and i think i used it a couple of times, but its my no means necessary.
Reply 7
thanx a lot
helped me out big time
luv mandy
Reply 8
mandy1987_6
i'm a Frech GCSE student and i need to know how to use the pluperfect cos i find it really hard, can anyone help me please?
lots of love
mandy

Sorry luv its been ages since i done French aswell.....wish i could be of more help!

Latest

Trending

Trending