The Student Room Group

my gcse predictions

i've seen a couple people doing this so i'm going to predict my realistic gcse predictions, despite wanting and aiming for all 9s.

also if you can, please drop revision tips for geography, french and music, and any others!

maths - 9
further maths - 9
physics - 9
chemistry - 9
biology - 9
rs - 9
english language - 8/9
english literature - 9
pe - 7/8/9
geography - 8/9
french - 7/8
music - 7
Reply 1
Those are good predictions if your aiming for those high marks! For french, use quizlet flashcards,duolingo or if you want make sure you know key vocab. Please don't overwhelm yourself as these can and I MEAN can make you overwhelmed.
Reply 2
As above reply said, French is all about practice. Quizlets, Duolingo test you regularly. Learn your tenses (make notes), practice writing answers to exam questions and get teachers to check them. I’m general you can try watching shows in French with subtitles or listening to French music, start to pick up on listening to French speaking because a word on paper can sound very different spoken in French. Then try past papers and see how you do. Speaking practice get a buddy and ask each other questions like qu’est-ce tu aimes faire chez toi? And do it back and forth on different themes to practice speaking and correct each other.
Reply 3
Plus Geography use a whiteboard to practise making diagrams, for the human geography it’s a bit easier to revise cause you can use some common sense . Memorise a few Case studies, and make quizlet on key terms like different types of erosion etc
Reply 4
Original post by Harfan654
Those are good predictions if your aiming for those high marks! For french, use quizlet flashcards,duolingo or if you want make sure you know key vocab. Please don't overwhelm yourself as these can and I MEAN can make you overwhelmed.

thank you so much!!
Reply 5
Original post by study23!
As above reply said, French is all about practice. Quizlets, Duolingo test you regularly. Learn your tenses (make notes), practice writing answers to exam questions and get teachers to check them. I’m general you can try watching shows in French with subtitles or listening to French music, start to pick up on listening to French speaking because a word on paper can sound very different spoken in French. Then try past papers and see how you do. Speaking practice get a buddy and ask each other questions like qu’est-ce tu aimes faire chez toi? And do it back and forth on different themes to practice speaking and correct each other.

thank youuu!
Reply 6
Original post by study23!
Plus Geography use a whiteboard to practise making diagrams, for the human geography it’s a bit easier to revise cause you can use some common sense . Memorise a few Case studies, and make quizlet on key terms like different types of erosion etc

thank you so much
Original post by Harfan654

don’t recommend duolingo
Reply 8
Original post by aidancooke_

don’t recommend duolingo

is it not good??
Reply 9
12 GCSE's - that is a lot! Do lots of past papers and look carefully at what they give marks for/don't give marks for. You have great grades there!
Original post by httpluuv

is it not good??

nah for acrually learning a language it isnt
Reply 11
is it not good??

Yeah structure wise it doesn’t match up properly to the syllabus, but I found it useful just practising 5 mins a day to learn new vocabulary and practise listening and speaking French in general
Hi! First of all, well done on your predicted grades! That's amazing for 12 GCSEs.

For Biology, I recommend the Amoeba Sisters.It's a YouTube channel that does animated educational biology videos. It might look like it's for kids at first, but it really helps you remember stuff! Just having a visual for each topic makes it much easier.

For Geography, try Seneca Learning. Most of it's free. They also do other subjects, but I found them particularly useful for Geography.

Science with Hazel is another great YouTube channel. Hazel does Chemistry, Biology, Physics and I think some maths too. She talks quite fast, especially if you're trying to take notes, but you can adjust the playback speed of the video on settings. She also does revision notes on her website.

Hope that helps and best of luck with everything!
Reply 13
Original post by pumpkin1308
Hi! First of all, well done on your predicted grades! That's amazing for 12 GCSEs.

For Biology, I recommend the Amoeba Sisters.It's a YouTube channel that does animated educational biology videos. It might look like it's for kids at first, but it really helps you remember stuff! Just having a visual for each topic makes it much easier.

For Geography, try Seneca Learning. Most of it's free. They also do other subjects, but I found them particularly useful for Geography.

Science with Hazel is another great YouTube channel. Hazel does Chemistry, Biology, Physics and I think some maths too. She talks quite fast, especially if you're trying to take notes, but you can adjust the playback speed of the video on settings. She also does revision notes on her website.

Hope that helps and best of luck with everything!

thank you so much!
i've seen a couple people doing this so i'm going to predict my realistic gcse predictions, despite wanting and aiming for all 9s.

Also if you can, please drop revision tips for geography, french and music, and any others!

Maths - 9
further maths - 9
physics - 9
chemistry - 9
biology - 9
rs - 9
english language - 8/9
english literature - 9
pe - 7/8/9
geography - 8/9
french - 7/8
music - 7

yess we love a smart, confident person with high hopes!! Hope u get everything u expect! :smile:)
Reply 15
Original post by hiimdelishaa

Also if you can, please drop revision tips for geography, french and music, and any others!

Maths - 9
further maths - 9
physics - 9
chemistry - 9
biology - 9
rs - 9
english language - 8/9
english literature - 9
pe - 7/8/9
geography - 8/9
french - 7/8
music - 7

yess we love a smart, confident person with high hopes!! Hope u get everything u expect! :smile:)

thank you sm!
Reply 16

also if you can, please drop revision tips for geography, french and music, and any others!

maths - 9
further maths - 9
physics - 9
chemistry - 9
biology - 9
rs - 9
english language - 8/9
english literature - 9
pe - 7/8/9
geography - 8/9
french - 7/8
music - 7

Nice job
Reply 17
Original post by Dufdufa

maths - 9
further maths - 9
physics - 9
chemistry - 9
biology - 9
rs - 9
english language - 8/9
english literature - 9
pe - 7/8/9
geography - 8/9
french - 7/8
music - 7