The Student Room Group

Access to HE 2012-2013

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys! I am just passing to leave a feedback on my course.
Last year when I was choosing it I came here for feedbacks about Access courses online. So since then I enrolled Access to He Health Professions with Distance Learning and I am very happy with their services so far.
My tutor is very helpful I get all the work online ,I have deadlines once I complete a module then they give a password for the assessments .I am not going to say it's easy because we know it's not! it's a lot of work and you have to have discipline ;0) So far I got few distinctions and hoping to have many more .
Good luck all :wink:
Hey all,

I'm on an access course at the moment and thought I'd take a sec to say it's really not something you should dread or be nervous about :smile:

It can be difficult at times to wrap your head around certain bits, but for the most part it's not too difficult at all. I find it more tedious at times than anything else. So long as you're turning up though, doing your assignments should be pretty straightforward. I've managed to keep my head above water thus far and should be finishing this course in June/July.

A lot of good unis will accept the qualification too, which was my biggest worry, but I've been invited to interview by both York and Lancaster so it's clearly not bad at all.

Definitely make sure your access pathway applies to whatever you're applying to though! I've seen a few people get blanket rejections for having subjects irrelevant to what they applied for through UCAS.
Original post by TechnikAli
Hey all,

I'm on an access course at the moment and thought I'd take a sec to say it's really not something you should dread or be nervous about :smile:

It can be difficult at times to wrap your head around certain bits, but for the most part it's not too difficult at all. I find it more tedious at times than anything else. So long as you're turning up though, doing your assignments should be pretty straightforward. I've managed to keep my head above water thus far and should be finishing this course in June/July.

A lot of good unis will accept the qualification too, which was my biggest worry, but I've been invited to interview by both York and Lancaster so it's clearly not bad at all.

Definitely make sure your access pathway applies to whatever you're applying to though! I've seen a few people get blanket rejections for having subjects irrelevant to what they applied for through UCAS.

Not always the case bro, I am studying a "generic" access course to HE, and have been accepted by University of Birmingham to study Law. However that might have given me a better chance, depends on the subject you want to study at University.

I feel like we only have a few months left and we have so much left to do.

:biggrin:
I've got an idea for my Unit 3 research project, and I'm thinking about setting up a survey. However, I only need to send the surveys to a certain demographic in a specific location. How do I go about doing it? It would have to be online as I'm looking to set it somewhere abroad. Advice please.

Thanks.
Reply 1184
Original post by Mr. Frying Pan
I've got an idea for my Unit 3 research project, and I'm thinking about setting up a survey. However, I only need to send the surveys to a certain demographic in a specific location. How do I go about doing it? It would have to be online as I'm looking to set it somewhere abroad. Advice please.

Thanks.

I used survey monkey for mine

Not sure if that's any good for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kellie_
I used survey monkey for mine

Not sure if that's any good for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Looks like a good place to start.
Reply 1186
I'm doing access to nursing and I love it! The works what I expected - challenging! And I'm applying for uni at the mo, only heard off 2 so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1187
Hi guys,

I just found this thread and i am a bit new to using this forum but I wanted some feedback on your interview experiences for the Access to HE health professions course..I have been contacted about my first interview and any tips would be great! .. anyone studying towards becoming a speech and language therapist would be even better :smile:

Thank you.
Reply 1188
Eeeeee

I have my offer!!!! I need 30 credits at a merit as well as passing my health check :smile:
Original post by Kellie_
Eeeeee

I have my offer!!!! I need 30 credits at a merit as well as passing my health check :smile:

congrats Kellie thats great news,i bet u over the moon:biggrin:,can i ask what health degree u are applying for and what access course u doing?thats if u dont mind me asking
Original post by itskimmy
I was in the same exact boat earlier! I finally got an email form UCAS about 2 hours ago saying it's been sent on. I had to badger Mike and Stuart because I was so concerned about it. Hull College take the cake with everything.

Is Mike in charge of the Access course now at Hull College, he was just the law teacher last year when I did the course and we had the lovely David Wood doing our references who I have heard has sadly left.

I had a great year there though and it has prepared me very well for my History degree at Hull Uni.
Reply 1191
Original post by Charliemouse
Is Mike in charge of the Access course now at Hull College, he was just the law teacher last year when I did the course and we had the lovely David Wood doing our references who I have heard has sadly left.

I had a great year there though and it has prepared me very well for my History degree at Hull Uni.

Yeah, I think Mike is in charge now.

I've had some ups and downs but no regrets at all. It has given me the chance to go to University, I'm so thankful. :smile:
Reply 1192
Original post by wizardtop
congrats Kellie thats great news,i bet u over the moon:biggrin:,can i ask what health degree u are applying for and what access course u doing?thats if u dont mind me asking

I wouldn't class it as health, children's inter professional studies and I'm doing the humanities side of the access with psychology, social work and sociology, however there is some people in my classes who do both sides of the access course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kellie_
I wouldn't class it as health, children's inter professional studies and I'm doing the humanities side of the access with psychology, social work and sociology, however there is some people in my classes who do both sides of the access course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

well congrats on the offer Kellie_.I always found Psychology as well as Sociology both interesting and enjoyable.I got my sub degree in Sociology many years ago.All the best to u ^_^
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1194
Original post by Kellie_

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in sociology on a monday morning at Hull College with Lisa.
Reply 1195
I'm in sociology on a monday morning at Hull College with Lisa.

I'm Wednesday afternoon with Sara. What did you think of you're own pilot study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1196
Original post by Kellie_
I'm Wednesday afternoon with Sara. What did you think of you're own pilot study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not so bad, I've not handed it in yet though. It was due in last Friday but I'm not in on that day so I was just going to hand it in on Monday. I then realised it was half term. How did you find it?
Reply 1197
Not so bad, I've not handed it in yet though. It was due in last Friday but I'm not in on that day so I was just going to hand it in on Monday. I then realised it was half term. How did you find it?

Not bad, thought I was gonna love it but ended up disliking it a little, just felt I was repeating myself, prefer being given topics and reaching and knowing its right lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1198
Original post by Kellie_
Not bad, thought I was gonna love it but ended up disliking it a little, just felt I was repeating myself, prefer being given topics and reaching and knowing its right lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know what you mean. The whold valid, reliability and representativeness was a bit of a ball ache to write lol. How do you think you will do? I'm hoping to get a merit.
Reply 1199
I'm hoping the same, I kept up to the guided word counts for each section so fingers crossed. The exam is meant to be easy too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending