The Student Room Group

Access to HE 2012-2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
Original post by itskimmy
I ended up with 15 merits, 6 distinctions and the rest at pass. I could of done better but unfortunately had family distractions.

I've not met my offer but hoping to be put on the foundation year as opposed to re-doing the Access Course.

Does anyone know when we get our certificate and portfolios back?

We can pick them up from next Monday in the office, think the certificate gets posted August, not a 100% on that one tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1281
Handing my portfolio in today. 27 distinction, 6 merit and 24 at pass, with 3 level 2 credits in ICT. All my passes are from late submissions in the final deadline; my house got burgled and laptop stolen so I had to start all my research projects again, both of which were worth 12 each. I was given an extension of 7 days but it wasn't much help. Still, I've met my offer at University of Nottingham for Politics; needed 30 credits at merit or above, 12 of which needed distinction.

My college offer a statement of results to supply to universities whilst waiting certificates from the awarding body, due in August I think.

Well done everyone x

Posted from TSR Mobile
We had a leaving ceremony at our college Monday and where given our certificates :-) well chuffed came out with 24 merits 24 distinctions and 6 passes (those where my first assignments). I although I have the certificates, it doesn't go onto ucas to the uni until august like the a levels. But I'm scanning a copy to Cardiff met later so hopefully they'll update my offer to unconditional :-)

Unfortunately I was made unsuccessful from nursing due to better competition and lack of care experience but thankful through extras I'm doing a health and social care bsc.....though unsure whether to apply for 2014 intake or stay the 3 Years and do post grad nursing.....who knows.

Any way well done everyone!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my Access Course results through the post today, I've met my firm offer IF I pass two examination resits in August (one Maths exam and one Sociology exam). I'm not sure whether I'm happy or not.
Well done everybody who passed Access. It was definitely hard for those of us who've been out of education for a while! I managed to get all distinctions but now have to wait for the results of a Maths GCSE, which i'm dreading :frown:

Do any of you know what the case is if you need to send results in order to receive accommodation? I need to apply for accommodation by July 31st but we don't receive the certificates until August. We had our leaving day on Friday and we got pieces of paper with our results written on. Should I just send this off?
Original post by mrjoshua88
Well done everybody who passed Access. It was definitely hard for those of us who've been out of education for a while! I managed to get all distinctions but now have to wait for the results of a Maths GCSE, which i'm dreading :frown:

Do any of you know what the case is if you need to send results in order to receive accommodation? I need to apply for accommodation by July 31st but we don't receive the certificates until August. We had our leaving day on Friday and we got pieces of paper with our results written on. Should I just send this off?

If it's a pretty official looking piece of paper, then I'd send that, yeah. I am supposed to receive a letter in the post with all my grades, which I can then forward to the university, but I haven't yet, although I have applied for accommodation. I'd suggest you do the same.
Hmmmm i'm not sure if you'll receive something similar but mine doesn't look official at all haha. It's literally like a spreadsheet with subjects and units and a P, M or D in each box.
Reply 1287
Hello, I am just about to start an Access to HE Health Professionals to study speech and language therapy at uni, has anybody on here been studying towards this and did they find any of the uni interviews hard? I have been told stories of people not having sufficient entry requirements and although i have done my reasearch i was curious to hear from someboddy who has been through this and come out the other side. Many Thanks Zoe.
Original post by mrjoshua88
Hmmmm i'm not sure if you'll receive something similar but mine doesn't look official at all haha. It's literally like a spreadsheet with subjects and units and a P, M or D in each box.

I seen a temporary result sheet. I was told by my teacher that every college has their own style and everyone's is different.

However, we will all have the same criteria on there. A spreadsheet, with a list of all the modules which were taught and P,M,D in each box. There will also be a total of how many level 3 credits and level 2 credits achieved.
Reply 1289
Does anyone know the date of when the official results (certificates) are sent out?
Original post by helpplz1
Does anyone know the date of when the official results (certificates) are sent out?

No idea, but I'm getting impatient now. It's only a month until the deadline.

I received a letter with all my grades on it, which I was instructed to forward to the university. They said they couldn't accept it as it wasn't verified by the awarding body.

I'm now waiting for my certificate, so I can guarantee my spot.
Original post by helpplz1

Original post by Lethorio
No idea, but I'm getting impatient now. It's only a month until the deadline.

I received a letter with all my grades on it, which I was instructed to forward to the university. They said they couldn't accept it as it wasn't verified by the awarding body.

I'm now waiting for my certificate, so I can guarantee my spot.

Its August probably mid August.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EMassey
Its August probably mid August.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Talk about cutting it fine.
Reply 1293
Talk about cutting it fine.

Which body is awarding your Diploma? I have my certificate.
Original post by Hasty
Which body is awarding your Diploma? I have my certificate.

OCNOTC. I got in contact with them today, and the lady told me that they'd be sending out formal results certificates to our college 'soon'.
Reply 1295
OCNOTC. I got in contact with them today, and the lady told me that they'd be sending out formal results certificates to our college 'soon'.

Aw. Luckily my university were happy with college interim statement anyway. Hope it comes soon!
Original post by Hasty
Aw. Luckily my university were happy with college interim statement anyway. Hope it comes soon!

Me too, mate. I just want to get everything sorted and finalised now. It's so frustrating.
Reply 1297
Could any past Access students help with the date of when they received their certificates?
Hi folks, I'm an access student who finished in June and I received my diploma in the post today. If it helps my awarding body was ocnnw.
Original post by willmac72
Hi folks, I'm an access student who finished in June and I received my diploma in the post today. If it helps my awarding body was ocnnw.

Lucky!!! I'm Agored Cymru and have been told by my college they won't have the diplomas until 19th August!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending