The Student Room Group

Access to HE 2012-2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
I also received my diploma yesterday despite my college saying mid august. Uni have emailed me also to say they have my results. It is such a relief.

My diploma is OCN
Reply 1301
This waiting for certificates business is so stressful! :biggrin: I can't confirm my offer or sort out my accommodation until it arrives. I actually got excitedwhen I saw the postman had delivered a big A4 brown envelope this morning. It turned out to be from the tax man . . . talk about getting kicked when you're down!
Still waiting to either receive mine or to hear my university have received my results (diploma awarded by Ascentis). I was hoping to get it by now so my offer would become unconditional before accommodation opened up for my uni, but that doesn't look likely now.

Maybe it will arrive tomorrow!
So we get our diploma by post but our unis already have the results? Thought we had to send them our diploma....
Reply 1304
Original post by Little Isis
So we get our diploma by post but our unis already have the results? Thought we had to send them our diploma....

I don't think our universities get the routinely; we have to send them on as far as I'm aware. Only A Level and IB etc go to the universities as far as I know...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by euphful
I don't think our universities get the routinely; we have to send them on as far as I'm aware. Only A Level and IB etc go to the universities as far as I know...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I thought but I spoke to my exam board because my college said they wont get the certificates until 19th at the earliest (had a small panic attack!). he said that ucas and unis have access to their results on Friday online and that's when certificates are sent out. My exam board is agored Cymru so might be worth phoning them to find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1306
My college sent me a letterheaded piece of paper with my results which I forwarded by email to Sheffield. Within a day they updated my ucas with my place :smug:
Original post by AaronC11
My college sent me a letterheaded piece of paper with my results which I forwarded by email to Sheffield. Within a day they updated my ucas with my place :smug:

Congratulations! Did the letter provide a breakdown or just x distinctions x merits?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went and got my certificate yesterday, I got a letter confirming I had finished the course and emailed it to Staffs on Friday I think it was....and I got my place confirmed and accommodation yesterday. :smile:
Reply 1309
Original post by Shelly1984
Congratulations! Did the letter provide a breakdown or just x distinctions x merits?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It broke my scores down into subjects but not units. Eg maths x distinctions IT x distinctions etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1310
Still haven't recieved my results yet, I'm eagerly anticipating the moment that they do. You can't do anything until then, my board is OCN so I'm surprised to read that some of you have recieved your results already.
Original post by mickel
Still haven't recieved my results yet, I'm eagerly anticipating the moment that they do. You can't do anything until then, my board is OCN so I'm surprised to read that some of you have recieved your results already.

I'm still waiting for mine too. I hope they arrive soon, as the uni's deadline to receive results is the 31st August and I'm getting a bit nervous. My awarding body is OCNOTC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1312
Original post by Lethorio
I'm still waiting for mine too. I hope they arrive soon, as the uni's deadline to receive results is the 31st August and I'm getting a bit nervous. My awarding body is OCNOTC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let me know when your results do your arrive :smile:
Hi! I'm in Bristol and we've been informed by the college that all our results were sent electronically to the universities but we don't receive our certificates until at least the 14th Aug. We then get our places confirmed on 15th Aug. Anyone else having this, agonising, problem?

The awarding body is OCRSWR
(edited 10 years ago)
I got mine the post this morning :biggrin:
My awarding body is OCN and a few weeks ago I received a letter from my college saying that my results will be sent to UCAS by 8th August. I checked Track to see if, perhaps, my results were on there but there was nothing. Exactly how long does it take for UCAS to process our results???
I still haven't received my formal certificate, but I forwarded a transcript of my results from my college to my uni. They wouldn't accept it, as it wasn't a verified document, but I gave them a call yesterday to clarify the matter. I received an e-mail today saying that they're going to make my offer unconditional, but they still need to see my certificate as soon as possible. It might be worth other people that are waiting on their certificates forwarding a copy of their transcript from their college to see if their university will accept it.
Reply 1317
I got my results yesterday, decent overall, my focus now is to get in contact with as many Universities as possible.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1318
Original post by euphful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most Access results are now also forwarded through UCAS the same as A-Level results are but they also want you to send your credit transcript/dipoma as well.

Source: http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/results/how-your-exam-results-get-your-unis-and-colleges
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1319
Original post by FaraDai
Most Access results are now also forwarded through UCAS the same as A-Level results are but they also want you to send your credit transcript/dipoma as well.

Source: http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/results/how-your-exam-results-get-your-unis-and-colleges

The link does say that only some are sent, which is why, I'd imagine, they ask for college-confirmed transcripts or certificates also... I think we will be at the stage where all are sent but obviously we aren't there yet; my offer went unconditional only after my college tutor had emailed my admissions tutor, and my college tutor told me out results were not sent to UCAS. If other people have easier stories to tell then great; far better than chasing tutors to send results :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending