The Student Room Group

Access to HE 2012-2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
My certificates came in yesterday which I collected and my exam board is ocnsw x

Posted from TSR Mobile
got mine today!!!!
Like a lot of people here I'm bricking it, having not received any correspondence from my uni regarding receipt of results. This is despite assurances from my college that results have been sent, and that access students ordinarily have their places confirmed before the mid-August A level students. I'll be ringing the uni student services tomorrow to get to the bottom of it. Appears to me like a standardised method is needed wherein all colleges send results by a certain deadline. I have heard nothing about having to send a certificate or whatnot myself - bit of a shambles really!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I scanned my letter I got from college and sent them that.
Reply 1324
Original post by roadrunner_300
I scanned my letter I got from college and sent them that.

Did the same. Got my UCAS confirmation the next day :sexface:
My awarding body is OCN London and I am still waiting for my diploma. Is anyone in the same situation?
Reply 1326
Original post by Wild_flower
My awarding body is OCN London and I am still waiting for my diploma. Is anyone in the same situation?

Exactly same here, OCN London awarding body. As far as I know none of my class mates received it yet.
Reply 1327
I am getting a bit worried, my uni choice have said that they now have my results through UCAS but still want me to post my official credit transcript once received and that they need it by Aug 31st at the latest. My awarding body is Agored Cymru.
Original post by FaraDai
I am getting a bit worried, my uni choice have said that they now have my results through UCAS but still want me to post my official credit transcript once received and that they need it by Aug 31st at the latest. My awarding body is Agored Cymru.

My Uni said that too. What Uni are you going to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm agored Cymru too.
Original post by Kio27
Exactly same here, OCN London awarding body. As far as I know none of my class mates received it yet.

I am going to call them today and ask when they are going to send our diplomas.
I phoned the OCN London and I was told that certificates have already been sent to my college:smile:
Hi,

I am starting a Access to HE Business course in September, and am really excited. Just a couple of questions:

I cannot make the enrolment date due to work, and the college have said I can attend an open enrolment next week to get everything sorted. Will I be at a disadvantage not going to the original event? ie miss out on meeting coursemates/timetable info.

And also, does anyone have any recommended reading list for the Business course, as I havent been able to find out any info.

Thanks
Matt
Reply 1332
Original post by FaraDai

Original post by Shelly1984
My Uni said that too. What Uni are you going to?
I'm agored Cymru too.

When/how did your Uni let you know? I'm also waiting for my results from Agored but I haven't heard anything at all from either my college nor my firm choice Uni....... :frown:
Original post by Think89
When/how did your Uni let you know? I'm also waiting for my results from Agored but I haven't heard anything at all from either my college nor my firm choice Uni....... :frown:

I phoned admissions and they confirmed. I also spoke to my college who said they will be ready Thursday so if they aren't I won't be happy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got my certificate, they're a bit rubbish if you ask me.

Anyway, one of the modules on it, says:
Study Skills GCSE Equivalence English - Speaking and Listening Skills.

I got a Distinction for this - What GCSE grade would this be?
I only got my college transcript with their official stamp. When do we get our proper certificates from the awarding bodies? Anyone have any idea?

Thanks
Original post by matt_brown67
Hi,

I am starting a Access to HE Business course in September, and am really excited. Just a couple of questions:

I cannot make the enrolment date due to work, and the college have said I can attend an open enrolment next week to get everything sorted. Will I be at a disadvantage not going to the original event? ie miss out on meeting coursemates/timetable info.

And also, does anyone have any recommended reading list for the Business course, as I havent been able to find out any info.

Thanks
Matt

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=42300094#post42300094

I wrote this a whilst ago.
I'm so angry! My university doesn't even have my results. My college hadn't even sent our diplomas out prior results day. I'm so annoyed i still don't have it.
Original post by Little Isis
I'm so angry! My university doesn't even have my results. My college hadn't even sent our diplomas out prior results day. I'm so annoyed i still don't have it.

I had the exact same problem.

I rang my firm choice on Monday to ask why my place still hadn't been confirmed. Turns out my college hadn't sent my access results they should've sent a month previous. Extremely annoyed and totally failed by the college. They could have cost me my university place.

Still! I've got my place now and can't wait to start uni! Hopefully you'll be the same soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Simonion
I had the exact same problem.

I rang my firm choice on Monday to ask why my place still hadn't been confirmed. Turns out my college hadn't sent my access results they should've sent a month previous. Extremely annoyed and totally failed by the college. They could have cost me my university place.

Still! I've got my place now and can't wait to start uni! Hopefully you'll be the same soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully! I had to go all the way to my college, pick up my diploma and scan it to my firm. They said they were going to post the diplomas today. Why would they even do that? Idiots.

I'm just waiting for my firm to get back to me. Hope i hear something today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending