The Student Room Group

Racism on the Tram!!! Appalling!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by viffer

#8 ya Muppet :rolleyes:

Nice answer. Have a gold star
Original post by effofex
I am an EU citizen now so have indefinite access to the European labour market. But the Dutch consider me as a 'niet-Westerse allochtoon' since I was born outside the Western world (The Dutch government defines the West to include Western Europe, Japan, Indonesia, Aruba, Suriname, Canada, the United States and Australia) so there are tax allowances to incentivize people whose skills are deemed to be lacking in the Netherlands.

But the point is that 'hordes of unskilled people' from any EU member state are able to work in the Netherlands (as is the case with Britain). Likewise the only 'unskilled' people who can access the labour market in the UK are those who are EU citizens. Non-EU nationals must be highly-skilled to access the UK labour market. This appears to be lost on the Western female poster whom I quoted originally. Certainly the idea of an incident like this happening on a train in the Randstad region of the Netherlands would be unheard of.

It's a shame that this wasn't the case when the UK opened her borders to people from former colonies etc.
Reply 62
Original post by lulubel
i have some sympathy for this woman. she has probably watched on dumbfounded as her community has literally been colonised by people not of her kind. she has probably seen massive levels of crime and anti white racism and no one is there to help her escape. she is probably stuck in a community that no longer feels like home and she is not able to eascape. people forget what multiculturalism has done to tarditional ethnic communities. she is understandably angry and because she is not able to express that justifiable anger as she has also probably been abaandoned by the education system because of her skin colour--the white working class are left behind in modern britain in favour of the ethnic minorities.

while i do not agree with her language i agree with her sentiment and quite simply she is correct. mass multiculturalismand immigration on tehs cale which has been seen in the last few decades literally has ruined britain. especially london.

i hope she can find a way out of that community. i think a organisation needs to be set up to help these stranded white working class people eascape the horrors of the rapid effects of mass immigration.

You'll probably get some good takes with that bait [ s]fishing[ /s]
Reply 63
Original post by viffer

#8 ya Muppet :rolleyes:

It's very depressing to see someone think like this; that somehow skin colour equates to one's complete identity, rather than a set of values or beleifs. Yet, I don't entirely blame her for this, because I've met a lot of people who do think like this. The reality is that many of these people have had a lacklustre education, poor home life and being raised in an environment where they see themselves as victims. That, combined with a superficial media that can manipulate its followers- namely tabloid newspapers and organisations that are willing to exploit such people for their own aims and goals, work to create these types of monsters- ones who consistently blame others for their failures, even going as far as blaming a whole race for their failures.

and who hasnt seen the stuff shes said written on TSR or on Facebook ? This is a virus that has been created by people who have no grip on the world, and nothing to hold onto except for the fact that they are 'English' and as a result hate everyone that does not equate to their perceptions of 'being english'. Such nationalism has also existed in Africa and India, where countless minorities have been persecuted because of such a dangerous idea.
Reply 65
Original post by PendulumBoB
Clearly you don't know what China's doing in Africa right now.

I agree what the Chinese are doing is very admirable and it shows that the fact one's great, great, great grandad's father was a victim of colonalism is no excuse for a nation being poor.

Actually, I do know. But they are also spending money on infrastructure and development in the countries they have business with. Yes, they deal with some pretty nasty regimes in Africa in order to gain access to resources. But you could argue that this is amoral, for the sake of their development, rather than the immoral actions of invasion, occupation and resource theft, which they could theoretically carry out.

Besides, I don't see India or Brazil developing at the expense of others.
Reply 66
Original post by smashah
Nice answer. Have a gold star

You said I should answer the question. Just pointing out that you clearly hadn't read the one I had already given. [ s]musttryharder[ /s]
Original post by lulubel
infrestructure.

:doh:
Reply 68
Original post by AkaJetson
What the..is it something to do with Netherlands once colonising them?

I expect so. They are basically Nederlanders when in Nederland.
Reply 69
Original post by PendulumBoB
It's a shame that this wasn't the case when the UK opened her borders to people from former colonies etc.

Those borders were open in the 1750s though. And UK government officials actively recruited people from poorer backgrounds in the Subcontinent (e.g. Mirpur). It is of course, not like that today.
Reply 70
Original post by viffer
You said I should answer the question. Just pointing out that you clearly hadn't read the one I had already given. [ s]musttryharder[ /s]

I actually read that before but I didn't look at the poster, my bad, you were right.
Original post by Kiss
I allow her to have an opinion because she's entitled to it, no matter what the opinion is.

but should she be doing it in what is certainly a threatening, provocative way ? If I went to a church full of worshippers and talked about how christians are all evil and trying to destroy our great planet etc, would that be justified ? Sure, i have a right to hold the beleif, but I don't have a right to deliberately provoke people for my own agenda.
Original post by Phantom_X
but should she be doing it in what is certainly a threatening, provocative way ? If I went to a church full of worshippers and talked about how christians are all evil and trying to destroy our great planet etc, would that be justified ? Sure, i have a right to hold the beleif, but I don't have a right to deliberately provoke people for my own agenda.

Is the tram public? A church is certainly private property.
Reply 73
Original post by Phantom_X

To be honest (and this will sound stupid) I didn't watch the video. I'm in the library at the moment and I don't have ear/head phones lol. I'm assuming she starts a ruckus and starts yelling over at people??

If that's the case then I think that's more rudeness/impolitness, so yeah you're right, you don't have to be aggressive. But I think the example you gave about the church is more cultural/opinion imposition.
Original post by poolopis01
Is the tram public? A church is certainly private property.

I think the point is that you should retain a certain sense of decency depending on your location, after all that is a very 'British' way of doing things. Whether the tram is public property or not (I don't think it is but I am not sure), the reality is that going to a place filled with a certain group of people and then shouting abuse at them because of a particular characteristic (esp skin colour) is rude and out of order in the same way that if someone was to insult a minority group in any other location; for example insulting jews at the holocaust memorial or even closer to home, insulting the families of fallen soldiers at war memorials or military burials. Have your opinion, fine. But have some class as well.
Reply 75
Original post by lulubel
spain became a world power less than a hundred years after defeating finally the 800 occupation and colonialism of the arabs.

i think your warped view of history is very anti white and racist. the west rose to the tope because of its superior technology. the empires were burdens and drains on the resources. china is stealing that technological infrestructure.

Oh shut up. How is stating historical facts anti-white? Here's another fact for you. Pre-British rule India was the richest nation on earth with a 22% share of the world's wealth and 25% share of industrial output (yes, India had industry before the British arrived) reduced to under 4% wealth and 2% industrial output post-British rule.

At the same time Britain rose from a regional European power to a super power with 20% of the worlds wealth. It's no coincidence that Britain's decline came when India gained it's independence. It no longer had access to forcibly cheap raw materials from India to fuel its industrial output. And the industry the British dismantled in India and other colonies was free to grow again providing competition.

Far from your ignorant opinion, it was the empire that drained resources from India and others to the benefit of Britain's economy. Everyone with even a little bit of intelligence knows that.
Yeah, she's entitled to her own opinion, even if I don't agree with it, but there's much better ways she could have expressed it. Shouting and swearing about in public with her own child on her lap, let alone other people's around, is pretty unacceptable. She just made herself look like some typical stupid idiot chav, it was actually pretty laughable watching that video.
Original post by bolly_mad
Actually, I do know. But they are also spending money on infrastructure and development in the countries they have business with. Yes, they deal with some pretty nasty regimes in Africa in order to gain access to resources. But you could argue that this is amoral, for the sake of their development, rather than the immoral actions of invasion, occupation and resource theft, which they could theoretically carry out.

Besides, I don't see India or Brazil developing at the expense of others.

Britian also spent money on infrastructure.
What a ****ing imbecile.
Reply 79
That woman is despicable and all I can say is I pity that poor child that is with her - he doesn't even bat an eyelid at her, he must be so used to it = him growing up with the same ignorant views = vicious circle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending