The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

University of the Arts - London 2012 Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Kaytee-ox
Did you get like an email with everyone elses email at the top? or was that just me?

Yep ditto - im guessing its all the other menswear applicants because alot of them appear to be guys. Love seeing the embarrassing ones people obviously made when they were like 13
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 101
Original post by thepwince
Yep ditto - im guessing its all the other menswear applicants because alot of them appear to be guys. Love seeing the embarrassing ones people obviously made when they were like 13

I know haha, i thankfully made a new "professional" email address, the world doesn't need to know what i though was a cool email address at 13. Kinda worried about it though, as its possibly a breach of confidentiality...but ah well
Atleast we've heard something now
Reply 102
I know haha, i thankfully made a new "professional" email address, the world doesn't need to know what i though was a cool email address at 13. Kinda worried about it though, as its possibly a breach of confidentiality...but ah well
Atleast we've heard something now

Yeh, when i saw the email i thought, this looks so dodgy and stuff :s-smilie:
Anyone applied for FdA Fashion Design and Marketing at LCF? Got an interview/assesment on 13th feb anyone got the same? :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by thepwince
Yeh, when i saw the email i thought, this looks so dodgy and stuff :s-smilie:

I'm not going to lie, when i got it i did check the email address it was sent from as i didn't believe it was 100% genuine. Compared with emails from other uni's that have the logos on them and pretty much look like a letter, the csm email literally looked like an email anyone could of sent in 5 minutes, it wasn't even punctuated correctly. It just seems a bit odd to receive something like that from a professional institution.

=/
I don't really know what to think about CSM anymore :frown:
I'm not going to lie, when i got it i did check the email address it was sent from as i didn't believe it was 100% genuine. Compared with emails from other uni's that have the logos on them and pretty much look like a letter, the csm email literally looked like an email anyone could of sent in 5 minutes, it wasn't even punctuated correctly. It just seems a bit odd to receive something like that from a professional institution.

=/
I don't really know what to think about CSM anymore :frown:

I have clearly missed something here xD i think you both have applied to the same/similar course to me...whats happened?

and yh I'm rather put off and disappointed in csm :/
Original post by katieeleanor
I'm applying to LCC for photography, I applied in December. My friend got an interview (she applied on deadline) for my course this morning, my UCAS track is still blank - do I still have hope?! Argh I'm so nervous!

I got my invitation for LCC Photography about 10 days ago, maybe two weeks even? My interview is on the 13th, I submitted mid December. I interviewed there a few years ago for the same course but I can't remember much about it.

This morning I also got my invitation to interview at LCF on the 15th, so gradually coming through. This will be the 3rd or 4th time I've interviewed for Fashion Photography at LCF, so fingers crossed that this year is the one...

Fed up of working as a commercial fashion photographer, just want a few years to learn some critical theory and then start getting hired for some banging editoritals!
Reply 107
Original post by angelafusco
I have clearly missed something here xD i think you both have applied to the same/similar course to me...whats happened?

and yh I'm rather put off and disappointed in csm :/

I applied to do womenswear, and basically the email i got sent asking me to submit a 10 page mini-portfolio/project didn't seem legit. All of the other emails i have had like this from other uni's had the uni logo, and were basically like a conventional letter but sent online. The email from CSM started with dear instead of Dear, and felt like someone had typed it in about 5 minutes as it wasn't punctuated properly. However by far the most worrying thing, was in the to box (where normally you would just see your own email address) there was the email addresses of all the other applicants that the email had been sent to, which means everyone who got that email got each other emails without consenting to that information being given out. I did mention this my tutor, and technically they have broken data protection act and things like that by doing this.
I just don't understand how they are making such a mess of it, as no other uni seems to have such a problem. The longer this process goes on the worse things get and the more bad things i hear :frown:
I help CSM with such high hopes when i first applied, but if the application is this bad i dread to think what the organisation of the course is like :frown:
i also applied for womenswear and got that email today and compared to last years email it's really disappointing.
also does anyone know what we actually have to put in the 'mini-portfolio?' last year they gave us a theme and this year they seem to be lacking one. do we make up our own theme? or use work from old projects? if you could give me an insight it would help me massively!
Reply 109
Original post by william_morris
i also applied for womenswear and got that email today and compared to last years email it's really disappointing.
also does anyone know what we actually have to put in the 'mini-portfolio?' last year they gave us a theme and this year they seem to be lacking one. do we make up our own theme? or use work from old projects? if you could give me an insight it would help me massively!

If you click on the link in the email it will lead you onto the course page and then in the apply section there is a break down of what each of the sheets needs to be.
Mini-portfolio
3 x sheets of research images for fashion design. (Drawings/notes/photographs/images of items which you find inspirational for fashion design .)
3 x sheets of fashion design sketches. (Sketches demonstrating your development of a fashion theme.)
2 x sheets of finished fashion illustrations. (Using colour and demonstrating your skills of presentation, these could be hand drawn and painted or collage or computer images.)
2 x sheets of any other work you would like to include.

Personally i felt this lent itself more towards a mini project than portfolio but i dont know =/

Hope this helps a little bit x
Reply 110

I applied to do womenswear, and basically the email i got sent asking me to submit a 10 page mini-portfolio/project didn't seem legit. All of the other emails i have had like this from other uni's had the uni logo, and were basically like a conventional letter but sent online. The email from CSM started with dear instead of Dear, and felt like someone had typed it in about 5 minutes as it wasn't punctuated properly. However by far the most worrying thing, was in the to box (where normally you would just see your own email address) there was the email addresses of all the other applicants that the email had been sent to, which means everyone who got that email got each other emails without consenting to that information being given out. I did mention this my tutor, and technically they have broken data protection act and things like that by doing this.
I just don't understand how they are making such a mess of it, as no other uni seems to have such a problem. The longer this process goes on the worse things get and the more bad things i hear :frown:
I help CSM with such high hopes when i first applied, but if the application is this bad i dread to think what the organisation of the course is like :frown:

I got this email too and to be honest it didnt surprise me that it was like that! When i went to the open day, I sort of got the impression that they had other things to be doing, like everything was really rushed and we didn't even get a tour of any of the rooms etc! So i'm guessing it's the same sort of thing with the email, CSM already has an amazing reputation and is known for its alumni. They know its the most sought after course for fashion design, which means less effort for them! It's a shame really, but they really don't seem to care :/
Hi Guys,

I have applied for CSM Fashion communication and promotion and recieved my 'mini-portfoilio' request on Tuesday evening. (Could also see everyone who had been sent it - about 40, doesnt seem enough?! Thought loads would have to send a mini portfolio?) By the sounds of the brief it is a portfolio selection and not a project. But having read the fashion menswear/womenswear design briefs it is more of a project for them?

Slightly confused? Anyone else applied for communication and promotion and recieved a 'mini portfolio' request?

Cheers x

I didn't receive that email at all? is that supposed to mean something x]
Reply 113
Original post by angelafusco
I didn't receive that email at all? is that supposed to mean something x]

I just don't think they have got through their full list of applicants yet, as there are people who i know who applied who i would say should definitely get interviews who haven't heard anything yet.
Reply 114
Original post by artyfarty22
Hi Guys,

I have applied for CSM Fashion communication and promotion and recieved my 'mini-portfoilio' request on Tuesday evening. (Could also see everyone who had been sent it - about 40, doesnt seem enough?! Thought loads would have to send a mini portfolio?) By the sounds of the brief it is a portfolio selection and not a project. But having read the fashion menswear/womenswear design briefs it is more of a project for them?

Slightly confused? Anyone else applied for communication and promotion and recieved a 'mini portfolio' request?

Cheers x

Well for design it says its an e-portfolio, but then what they ask for is more like a mini-project. But tbh i don't really have a clue whats going on haha
I just don't think they have got through their full list of applicants yet, as there are people who i know who applied who i would say should definitely get interviews who haven't heard anything yet.

Ahh ok, thanks! :smile:
i emailed csm about the mini portfolio and they said its gotta all be from existing work!
hey guys, so iv applied for women s wear fashion design at both csm and lcf... they sent me an email of requirements for a portfolio, but honestly im not quite sure where to start piecing it together.

they have asked for - - Drawing/ Presentation Skills;
- Fashion and cultural awareness;
- Level of research, exploration and experimentation;
- 3D awareness through product development or technical drawing;
- Sense of colour and texture;
- Technical competence;
- Design and materials selection;
- Visual communication skills.

do you think it could take the same format as the csm portfolio?
If you click on the link in the email it will lead you onto the course page and then in the apply section there is a break down of what each of the sheets needs to be.
Mini-portfolio
3 x sheets of research images for fashion design. (Drawings/notes/photographs/images of items which you find inspirational for fashion design .)
3 x sheets of fashion design sketches. (Sketches demonstrating your development of a fashion theme.)
2 x sheets of finished fashion illustrations. (Using colour and demonstrating your skills of presentation, these could be hand drawn and painted or collage or computer images.)
2 x sheets of any other work you would like to include.

any help or advice would be perfect! thanksx

Hi Guys,

Cheers x

I have applied for the FCP course too, and also received the e-mail Tuesday asking for a mini portfolio, I thought the same as you first, that there were hardly any people attached to the e-mail, but I wonder if they send it out in sections? I was just going to send in a handful of work, not really related to each other as that seems to be what they have asked for, apart from the sketchbook pages I have scanned in relate to a few photography pieces, but since there was no theme I figured that's the best option! good luck, hope you get an interview!
Reply 119
I applied for graphic design and have received nothing beyond the confirmation email. :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending