The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Speech and Language Therapy 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by perri winkles
Hi Rachel congrats on Leeds! Was just wondering when you sent in your UCAS? I've applied to Leeds too and havn't heard back yet I applied on 6th of December.

I don't know whether to start emailing the places I havn't heard back from. I don't want ot seem like I'm pestering especially since the deadline was only yesterday :redface:

Anyone heard from City?

No I haven't heard a word from City, really hope we hear back from them soon. This waiting is truly agonising :confused: x
Reply 321
Original post by Rachel_Joanna
Aaaagghh, I am so scared! Got all my hopes pinned on City because I got rejected from Reading and didn't apply anywhere else. I'm quite scared to check my emails in case there is an email saying "Sorry, you were unsuccessful". Anyway good luck to all :smile: x

I'm scared too!! I've been rejected from UCL and Reading and am waiting to hear from City and Sheffield... Also applied to undergrad courses at DMU and Leeds Met but part of me thinks i'd rather spend a year getting more really decent work experience, saving money and applying next year than do the undergrad.. but we'll see! I think that even though I have a variety of paid, voluntary and shadowing experience plus some relevant training, I need something that is more permanent and long term to strengthen my work experience and show that I work well in a team over a period of time, so I have been applying for relevant full time jobs (one of which I have an interview for.. fingers crossed!). To be honest though, if I get on to an undergrad course I don't know if I could physically turn it down - wanted this for so long!!
I know what you mean about the emails too, I actually physically cross my fingers every time a little (1) pops up haha :smile: x
Original post by lollypop1389
Hey Rachel,

I'll be there at UCL on Tuesday too - I'll be the quivering wreck in the corner!!! JK!! But I am pretty nervous too, especially about the video observation - I'm scared of it coming and I'm just like errrr I thought they spoke quite well!! lol I'm sure it'll be fine though, surely they can't make it too difficult can they because none of us have really done speech therapy in-depth xxx

haha i know what u mean - im worried il see the video & be like...erm i didnt get anything from that :s-smilie: but as u said they can't expect us to know everything as we've obv not studied it in depth!

il see u tomorrow :smile: xox
Reply 323
Original post by rachel2011
I have my UCL interview on Tuesday - i feel sick im so nervous! people on here have said theyre friendly & the individual interview goes quite quickly so thats calmed me a bit!

anyone else gonna be there on tues? xx

Hey, I am going to be there tomorrow too...so nervous! Do we need to get there at 1pm? The email wasn't very clear! Hopefully we will be able to spot each other tomorrow...GOOD LUCK! X
Reply 324
Good luck everyone for tomorrow! Wish I was going to be there with you but hey ho - that's life!! Hope it goes well xx
Reply 325
Original post by Claire-H
Good luck everyone for tomorrow! Wish I was going to be there with you but hey ho - that's life!! Hope it goes well xx

Thank you :smile: Fingers crossed you hear good news from City/Sheff really soon X
Original post by juliamcgowan26
Has anyone else with QMU offers accepted it?

I haven't accepted mine yet as I'm still trying to work out if theres any way I can afford it. Its not looking good tho =[[ even with a CDL I wouldn't be able to afford the fees and living costs.
Good luck to those of you who are being interviewed today!

Does anybody know how many candidates Sheffield interview by any chance?
Reply 328
I just got an e-mail from City and I have been offered a place :smile: I am literally so excited as I will be definitely be going somewhere this year :smile: I hope you all hear some good good news soon too!! And good luck to those at UCL today!
Reply 329
Original post by pimpom
I just got an e-mail from City and I have been offered a place :smile: I am literally so excited as I will be definitely be going somewhere this year :smile: I hope you all hear some good good news soon too!! And good luck to those at UCL today!

Argh me too! :biggrin: Well done!!!!
Reply 330
Well done to both of you. I'm still waiting to hear from City, was the email automated?
Reply 331
Well done :smile:

I haven't heard back from City either - For me it's down to City and UCL. I got rejected from Newcastle straight off but got an interview for UCL so fingers crossed!! I tried to get in contact with City to make sure they had both my references but didn't hear anything back - do you think they would tell me if they didn't receive any documents??

I'm probably just worrying unnecessarily but having been trying hard to get on to a course for a while now!

Also does anyone know the deadline for Essex uni?
Reply 332
Original post by Bubbles21
Well done to both of you. I'm still waiting to hear from City, was the email automated?

Er, I'm not really sure how to tell :redface: It did have my address and name (i.e not just 'dear applicant') but then I guess this could have been mail-merged in? I did apply relatively early I think (late Oct/early Nov) and sent the questionnaire back almost immediately if this makes any difference. I hope you all hear soon too, the waiting is awful!
Original post by pimpom

well done! amazing news
Original post by Spice87
Well done :smile:

I haven't heard back from City either - For me it's down to City and UCL. I got rejected from Newcastle straight off but got an interview for UCL so fingers crossed!! I tried to get in contact with City to make sure they had both my references but didn't hear anything back - do you think they would tell me if they didn't receive any documents??

I'm probably just worrying unnecessarily but having been trying hard to get on to a course for a while now!

Also does anyone know the deadline for Essex uni?

I also e-mailed City to confirm if they received my references but I never heard back. Slightly worrying.. but then no news is good news I suppose! With the amount of applications they get, it's likely they only e-mail those whose referees didn't make contact.. I'm hoping anyway!! Fingers crossed. :smile: I don't know the Essex deadline I'm afraid.
congratulations!!
Original post by EmmaMcGill
I haven't accepted mine yet as I'm still trying to work out if theres any way I can afford it. Its not looking good tho =[[ even with a CDL I wouldn't be able to afford the fees and living costs.

I know the feeling!!

To be honest I accepted my offer anyway, the worst that could happen is that someone on the waiting list would get the place later on. I think I am going to go for it regardless of costs. REALLY can't afford it but I 'm lucky that my husband works and that we should JUST be able to get by without my salary. It's so hard though. We'll need to move to Edinburgh (which isn't so bad as my husband comutes to his work there everyday at the moment) but we'll be a wage down and I'll need to pay for after school care for my daughter. Not to mention the fees!! We're hoping we can save the fee's for this year and take out a CDL for next year's fees.

Wish it wasn't so hard!! Pleased to have got an offer though!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 337
Arghh I haven't received anything from City yet :frown: So scared, I can't stop checking my emails!
Well done guys, If I was you right now I would probably be crying with relief and happiness!!!!
xx
Reply 338
Original post by Bubbles21

Erm, I'm not sure either - it had my name and address at the top though!
I haven't heard anything from City yet either :frown:
Oh my god i'm so scared. Do you think they will get in contact if we don't get onto the course or
will they just leave it? xx

Quick Reply

Latest